NHL trade deadline/ TML

muskymatt

Billy Waters is saying Nash for Kessel strait up...Where do you get you info? If I trust anyone its Billy W. He knows his stuff. He also said Bruke isint interested. I say send schenn Kadri and Phaneuf for Nash. Now thats a deal

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i'm interested to see what moves burke will make. he has some prospects to move, but not many, so a trade for rick nash means they are going for it now, and 5 years from now could be a scary time for the leafs. truthfully i think carter is more likely than nash but that's just because he's playing poor and the price might be more acceptable to burke.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

unlike say, Ottawa.

do you even watch hockey? the sens prospect pool is teeming with talent for the future. unless you're not impressed by the likes of mika zibanejad or mark stone. in which case, you're an idiot.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

This just in....Take from it what you will its from Billy W

RT @RealBillWatters: Here is one to smoke on.Please do not inhale .From CBJ,Nash & Huselius,From TORGrabovski, Schenn, Kadri and Komisarek.1st time Nash involved

Edited by tb4me

This just in....Take from it what you will its from Billy W

RT @RealBillWatters: Here is one to smoke on.Please do not inhale .From CBJ,Nash & Huselius,From TORGrabovski, Schenn, Kadri and Komisarek.1st time Nash involved

I don't like that one...other than getting rid of Komisarek. Grabovski has been the Leafs most consistent player this year, I still wouldn't give up on Schenn, and Kadri won't get a fair shake from coach Wilson. Anyone else was coaching he'd be in the line up, IMO.

The Leafs are still light years away from winning the cup, they are a young team...DO NOT trade away the future like so many managers have done in the past.

I don't like that one...other than getting rid of Komisarek. Grabovski has been the Leafs most consistent player this year, I still wouldn't give up on Schenn, and Kadri won't get a fair shake from coach Wilson. Anyone else was coaching he'd be in the line up, IMO.

The Leafs are still light years away from winning the cup, they are a young team...DO NOT trade away the future like so many managers have done in the past.

exactly!

Nope. Don't like that deal at all. Grabovski I would trade, his value is high right now, and u can get a much better, more complete player for him in return. Kadri has scary talent that once harrnessed and he learns all aspects of the game, will be a dynamite player. Schenn is only young still, and a solid defensive D man, he's still learning and will only get better, komisarek is a solid defensive D man as well, blocks a ton of shots, and is strong on guys along the boards, clears the front of the net. I'd move phaneuf, or gunnarsson before schenn or komi.

Leaf fans crack me up. Don't give up on Schenn... Kadri won't get a fair shake... lol

The Toronto media has Leaf fans so brainwashed into thinking that their prospects are the next big thing. Fact is, most of these guys will develop into 3rd or 4th line guys at best. The truth hurts...

Remember these guys?

Alyn Macauley...Sergei Berezin... Carla Colaiacavo...Matt Stajan...Drake Berehowsky... Alex Steen...

Shall I go on?

Leaf fans crack me up. Don't give up on Schenn... Kadri won't get a fair shake... lol

The Toronto media has Leaf fans so brainwashed into thinking that their prospects are the next big thing. Fact is, most of these guys will develop into 3rd or 4th line guys at best. The truth hurts...

Remember these guys?

Alyn Macauley...Sergei Berezin... Carla Colaiacavo...Matt Stajan...Drake Berehowsky... Alex Steen...

Shall I go on?

your 100% right..Its too bad the toronto media couldnt brainwash the rest of the league into beliving half the crap leaf fans belive. Schenn is good trade bait..Kadri, I wouldnt waste another minute of game time on him. Send him away while you can still get somthing in return. as for Komi I agree with others he is a great palyer. Grabs is a great player, but if you can get the likes of Nash back for those 3 guys, I say go for it!!As for Willy sitting komi and Army I just cant get my head around that..Sit the only 2 vetrans we have..Way to go Wilson..Smart move bringing them back into the game!

Yep get what you can for Kadri - a potential career minor leaguer. Gabowski is unrestricted at the end of the season so could be gone anyway so get what you can. Remember our hero Sundin as he left after his contract expired and signed with Vancouver, Leafs go squat.

Regardless of Nash in the lineup, Leafs are not getting past first round without a goalie. Probably won't make the playoffs with who they have in net now.

Yep get what you can for Kadri - a potential career minor leaguer. Gabowski is unrestricted at the end of the season so could be gone anyway so get what you can. Remember our hero Sundin as he left after his contract expired and signed with Vancouver, Leafs go squat.

Regardless of Nash in the lineup, Leafs are not getting past first round without a goalie. Probably won't make the playoffs with who they have in net now.

Wow, just a couple weeks ago you guys were talking about playoffs, now you're ready to pull the carpet out from under the team. Bottom line is Kessel was expensive to get(all those picks) and is not a franchise player, his personality sucks and you can't build a tam around that. Phanuf is so bad even his own team mates don't like his attitude, let alone the rest of the league.

With no depth in the draft or minors, the laffs will have to trade to go any where and with what's on the table now, other teams won't touch them. So the hero(Burke) the laffs brought in to save the day has actually screwed it up so bad, players won't want to come to TO to play.

My bet is the Laffs are in for a long, rough, sucking rebuild.

Keep on buying those tickets though, funny how the hockey center of the universe is actually a black hole of garbage and bad moves!!!

Bwahahahahahaa

Fact is Leafs have the youngest team in the league and are currently holding down a play-off spot, with some depth in the minors finally. Lots of upside to this year's team, so whatever Burke is able to do, it will likely be with their future success in mind, as opposed to emmidiate returns for the remainder of this year.

Wow, just a couple weeks ago you guys were talking about playoffs, now you're ready to pull the carpet out from under the team. Bottom line is Kessel was expensive to get(all those picks) and is not a franchise player, his personality sucks and you can't build a tam around that. Phanuf is so bad even his own team mates don't like his attitude, let alone the rest of the league.

With no depth in the draft or minors, the laffs will have to trade to go any where and with what's on the table now, other teams won't touch them. So the hero(Burke) the laffs brought in to save the day has actually screwed it up so bad, players won't want to come to TO to play.

My bet is the Laffs are in for a long, rough, sucking rebuild.

Keep on buying those tickets though, funny how the hockey center of the universe is actually a black hole of garbage and bad moves!!!

Bwahahahahahaa

I've been a fan for over 40 years but a realistic one, haven't said anything regarding the "P" word this year. Except in this thread and them not making it with the current goaltender situation. The result of the Kessel deal can't be determined for a couple years, his personality and other non-hockey traits are a result of his youth. Even though Phaneuf doesn't win "Most Popular", where the dressing room stands now is light years ahead of where Ferguson had it. The worst seed in that room was Jason Blake and we are a far better team now with that negativity and bad attitude gone.

[quote name='muskymatt' date='16 February 2012 - 01:40 PM' timestamp='1329417631' post='667137'

Bwahahahahahaa

says the guy with how many Stanley cups to their name.........please tell us of the incredible moves your GM made to obtain those cups for you.

I'd be mad if I lived in a third rate city as well.

Bwahahaha, but seriously.....,,

I've been wanting nash for years! They want a young roster player a couple of prospects and picks. I'd offer schenn only because we need to unload some money to get Nash and no way they will take Komi,I'd also offer kadri, and either gunner or blacker and then a first pick. We would probably need a toss in with Nash to even this out a tad. I'd do everything in my power to resign grabo.as you can tell as a leaf fan my armchair GM skills are intact haha. I did however read somewhere that CLB would demand gardiner as apart of the package, if this was the case I'd walk away from this trade, defenceman like him don't come around too often. I wouldn't be happy about colbourne going either.

Grabo was MIA for the first 30 games.He has come on lately. as for kadri, komi I would consider these guys write off's Kadri just doesn't have the hockey sense. He has skills but no hockey brain on the ice. He could very well become a solid top line wing man or a never was in the minors. I would give up those three guys for Nash no problem. As for Schenn I would like to see him stick around. so it comes down to Grabo(a ufa) and Schenn(an unknown yet to be developed d man) for Nash.

Nash Turns 28 this summer

Nash and grabo are both on pace for the same stats, 8 more goals and 10 more assists.

Nash is doing these stats with first line minutes and grabo is doing it with second line minutes.

I am not saying grabo is better but these are the numbers.

Is nash going to have better chemistry with 20 games remaining than grabo? I don't think so. Not to mention you have to recover the minutes that Schenn puts in. Who do you put in his place?

A deal for Nash is NOT a deal to make a push. Its a deal to build a better team over the next five years. The reality is that with any of these guys the leafs are still missing a number 1 goalie, as neither reimer or gustav have stepped up....AND.... most importantly they still don't have a top line center.

I think it would be one heck of a line having Kessle and Nash on the top line with lupal dropping down to the second line to replace grabo. but this will screw with whatever chemistry there is currently.

Still short that big line center.

Either way a deal for nash is a deal for next year or the year after. A deal for a goalie is a deal for the play offs. To be honest what team other than Boston have the leafs not been able to skate with and gun with toe to toe this year? Even short a big time center the leafs can skate with any team in the league. They need a big team center to shore everything up and add the consistency, and they need to figure out the goal tending situation. What are they going to do in the play-offs? Play rock paper scissors for starting goalie?

I am happy with the team as a whole, but we are still missing some key components, and as much as I like Nash, he is not the component we are missing. We already have three 30 goal wingers that haven't accomplished anything.

Don't forget... Nash is a -22 this year and grab is a +5 with the same goals and assists.