To my dad

hockeyplayerz_14

Hey all. I just want to let you guys all know what my dad meant to me. We did absolutely everything together. Everytime he called my cell I knew he had somthing to say about fishing,hockey,the cottage the snowmobiles or atv. I always enjoyed talking to him about all this stuff. He loved my mom and that's who I'm most scared about. My dad would want me to taker care of her the best I can. I am now "the man of the house". I started playing hockey at about age 4 and to this day I'm still playing. Last night (feb 12) I had a game at night. I went to the game because I knew my dad wanted me to play. He would do anything to not let me miss a game and I knew he would want me to play. I have played over 500 games and e watched more then 90% of them. If there's one game he wanted me to win,get no penalties play my heart out and last but not least score a goal this was the game I can prove to him. Just imagin looking into the stands and not seeing him how I had to play. Btw I did all the things I listed before. He wa with me. I felt him and I love him.

R.I.P Tony Mazzuca <3 aka motion

Sounds like your Dad was a pretty wonderful guy who must have loved you alot the way he was so involved with everything you liked.

Talk about him often and think about him always, and you'll have those great memories with you forever.

It sounds like you know what you need to do Alex.

It's going to be rough, but you will make it out in good shape, I'm sure of that!

Being the man of the house is nothing to be afraid of. Just take it one step at a time.

Edit.. If you have any pictures of your old man holding some big fish, you should post them up!

P.S. When I was talking to your dad a few weeks ago, he could stop talking about how great of a son you are. He was proud of you, and your achievements.

Edited by N.A.W

Your level head and good attitude are a reflection of the values your Father has instilled in you. From what you describe, it sounds like he was the best Dad a guy can have. That is something to be very proud of!

I had a great time talking with you and your Dad. I could tell right away that you are both great people in aloving family. My heart goes out to your Mother and you, Alex.

If you ever feel like schooling us "old" guys on Nipissing again, your know who to contact.

Alex, your dad thought the world of you.When we spoke last, i commented on the video taken at the G2G, and i could hear the pride in his voice as he spoke.

I lost my Dad a number of years back.He was alot like yours, avid Angler and a great outdoorsman.

I feel him with me also, especially when i fish.he loved fishing with a passion, and we spent many hours on the water together.

Be strong for your mom, but allow yourself to grieve, and know that you will never walk alone in this world as long as you keep his memory alive.

Paul

When I think about the posts I remember from your Dad, the main thing I recall is how proud he was when he talked about his son and his job in the fishing dept. at Sail. There was no mistaking how proud he was.

I know it hurts like heck right now, I lost my Dad too recently. I am a PM away anytime.

Hey Alexander (as your dad called you). You know my son's name is Alex as well and I am the only one that calls him Alexander, usually when he is in trouble.

I remember when your dad called me from his cell as you 2 were heading to the North Bay waterfront for some perch fishing that Friday night. When you left the hotel you were driving and you turned left. I had told your dad to turn right but some how it was your fault eh? It made me laugh. I heard the discussion about you turning around and I could just tell how close you two were. Like buddies as much as father / son.

When I walked out to meet you guys with my little guy Karter you both made an effort to stop fishing and introduce yourselves to me and Karter.

You are VERY much like your dad was. Take pride in that. You are a fine young man and your dad was and still is proud of you. You already have all the necessary tools to be the "man of the house".

Take time to greive with your family. It is part of the healing process. When the greiving is done Celebrate his life.

Keep doing all the things you did together and most of all Keep making him proud.

Wow, I am so sorry to hear the news. I can't say I have met either of you in person, but I do recall some of the posts your guys both made. I really enjoyed the enthusiasm and pride he showed when he first posted about you getting into SAIL. Prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family.

terrible tragedy, my condolences to you, and your family.

I was speaking with my mother, who works with one of your uncles(?) at Bombardier. He is heartbroken, and was worried about both you, and your mother.

From all accounts, the posters above, as well as your uncle, you sound like a fine young man. This is obviously a very difficult time for you, but take solace in the fact that your father was/is very proud of you, and he will walk with you, always.

Cherish the memories, and never let them fade.

Nick

Edited by frenchriverkid

Alex, even thought I never met you or you dad I can tell this one thing about you. YOU ARE ONE STRONG PERSON to be able to get on here with all of us and post what you have about your loss of you dad. You're mom will need you and you will need her more now then ever and don't feel bad about sharing your pain with your friends. They can and will help you heal, in time.

I read the police report, it was an accident so take comfort in the love you have and share with your mother. I'm sure she can use a big strong hug right now...

Be well and be strong.

R.I.P. Tony...

Geoff

Hey Alex, my condolences to you & your family. I met with u & your dad at the recent G2G on Callandar Bay. To refresh your memory I'm half of the Brian & Brian team. Your dad was so proud of U when U iced the 3 walleyes in less than 30 minutes. Shows he was an exceptional person. Keep strong for your mom & I'm thinking of you at this time.

All my love Wormdunker

Hey all. I just want to let you guys all know what my dad meant to me. We did absolutely everything together. Everytime he called my cell I knew he had somthing to say about fishing,hockey,the cottage the snowmobiles or atv. I always enjoyed talking to him about all this stuff. He loved my mom and that's who I'm most scared about. My dad would want me to taker care of her the best I can. I am now "the man of the house". I started playing hockey at about age 4 and to this day I'm still playing. Last night (feb 12) I had a game at night. I went to the game because I knew my dad wanted me to play. He would do anything to not let me miss a game and I knew he would want me to play. I have played over 500 games and e watched more then 90% of them. If there's one game he wanted me to win,get no penalties play my heart out and last but not least score a goal this was the game I can prove to him. Just imagin looking into the stands and not seeing him how I had to play. Btw I did all the things I listed before. He wa with me. I felt him and I love him.

R.I.P Tony Mazzuca <3 aka motion

Hey it sound like you have some pretty amazing shoe's to fill. You may miss him but from what it sound like to me is he will always be with you and every decision you make from now on. Your very lucky to have had such and amazing figure, keep your chin up and know that only the good die young.

What a wonderful tribute to such a wonderful man! Just remember his legacy will live on forever in you and all the wonderful qualities he instilled in you through the things he taught you by example. His spirit will live on forever in your heart and in the hearts of so many. Just remember he will always be with you!

chin up big guy, you have made your dad very proud of the young man youve become, so now you have to continue with the way he would want you to grow up! keep playing hockey and just dont be affraid for your mom, just be there to help her through this! she will need you more then ever! im so sorry alex, i know what this is like! im here if you ever need to chat or come to north bay for a fishing get a way!