1934-2011 Thanks for the memories

Handlebarz

Sorry to my OFC family for not posting this before today but it was just t hard to get it up on here for me dont know why but I think the comments are gonna hurt help and heal at the same time. I think I just could not read them until later today. Well here is what I came up with.

Thanks to everyone here for the well wishes for Dad its so hard to post that he had passed away Sunday November 20th in my arms with my mother and Wife at his side this was the most peaceful thing that has ever happened to me. I am so sad to have lost dad but would not trade this journey for anything not even another day on the water. His last breath was a long inhale that he will hold forever and his last sight was my mom I will share the other details one on one another day with each OFCN family member when we are on the water or teh phone or sitting by the fire. All I can say is he was the best friend and biggest supporter of me and my family. He will be missed big time but never forgotten this has made myself stronger as a father I know things I need to do and just hope I can be half as good as he was.

RIP dad

Our last fish together a little one but he was so happy as he could reel it in.

40cbf4d2.jpg

He loved every fish he ever caught here he is looking at this monster of slime before the above pic

f2e8c0f8.jpg

Rigging up for some walleye earlier that morning

00878c7f.jpg

I will put something together some other day I just wanted to say thanks to my OFC family members for the emails, calls and time on the water talking about dad over the last 6 years whith his battle with cancer.

As I said before Mike, it's a sad thing to go thru but at least now the hurting is over and he's resting peacefully.

He was a wonderful husband, father and grandfather and the memories will be with you & yours forever.

I'm so sorry to hear this news and my condolences go out to you, your family and all that called him a friend. He fought hard for a long time and he is at rest now, free of his pain and suffering. I lost my dad to cancer a long time ago...and my mother just this past March. I am glad I was there for their peaceful last breath as well. Take care.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a parent is a terrible thing. I lost my mom to cancer 3 years ago and it feels like yesterday. Your dad will live on in the memories of all who loved him.

When you catch the big one no doubt your dad will be with you as I am sure he will be until the day you 2 meet again.

Very sorry to hear of your loss Mike, way too much of this going on this year. I was there for my Dad's last breath back in May and his last attempt to look up at me...man this is difficult to type. Just want you to know, as you already do, there is a great bunch of people here that will help get you through this difficult time.

It does get easier as time goes on. I thought it was a bunch of Bull when I was told this, but 6 months later, to the day of my Dad's passing, I now can say it's true. There will be certainly lots of ups and downs but just take it one day at a time. Knowing your Dad is at peace and no longer suffering will help with your sorrow. The good times and memories will never leave you, they will bring much comfort in the days, weeks, months ahead.

Again, I'm very sorry for your loss and my deepest condolences to you and your family.