OFN

mercman

Over the past year, i have experienced something, that i have no explaination for.Something, that when i joined, i had no idea would happen to me.

Im not even sure what to call itdunno.gif Let me explain.

When i read your posts about fishing and see your photos and video, i am excited for you almost as much as you are.

When i read your requests for help about anything at all, i find myself racking my brain, and searching the net for answers and solutions to your questions.

When you post jokes and humorous videos, i find myself laughing and sharing the humor with my wife and friends.

And when your posts share with me the tragedies that you encounter in your daily lives, i cry.

In recent weeks and months, some of you have lost friends and loved ones, and i have cried for you and have prayed for you.

I have never met you, and maybe never will, but i feel the pain in your hearts, as if you were members of my own familly.Why is that?dunno.gif Its never happened to me before, so why now, on a

fishing forum that i have only been a member of for 10 months. mellow.gif

I feel that this forum, has made me a better man.It has stirred within me compassion, and empathy, that is completely new to me and i like it.I like it alot and those around me like what has happened to me too.

And you are all responsible for the changes in me, that i carry with me into my daily living.

Paul

actually OFC is an addiction......

I think it's more addictive then crack and harder to quit..........

maybe they should have a warning label on the main page

WARNING..OFC May be addictive to certain people, which can affect your production at work and affect you ability to sleep

...also may cause you to buy large amounts of fishing tackle, boats, electronics and AS SEEN ON TV products

OFC and it's Mods take no responsibility for the actions of it's members or the jobs they aren't doing

WARNING..OFC May be addictive to certain people, which can affect your production at work and affect you ability to sleep

...also may cause you to buy large amounts of fishing tackle, boats, electronics and AS SEEN ON TV products

OFC and it's Mods take no responsibility for the actions of it's members or the jobs they aren't doing

LOL.. I like that.....

Hahahaha, love it.

Mercman, I think it affects us all the same way.

Its a good thing and I'm glad you have changed for the better because of it :thumbsup_anim:

I sense a proposal in the coming months.... OFC will get the ring she alway wanted! hahah joke.

You obviously enjoy the site Paul and from my side, I enjoy your enthusiasm. It's nice to have a people who really take ownership of the things they like, to make sure they remain that way. Good on ya! Good on OFC!

I agree greatly with you I have changed as well, and have become addicted to this site as well. My wife can't complain though as she has her facebook and I have my OFC. I had to go out and buy a new computer today because mine crashed 2 weeks ago and I have been off work for my heart so waited until I had the money to spare. But I'm happy to be back and thank you all for the things I have learnt off here. But I better let the wife use it now seeing as this is the first site I have been on and only had the computer hooked up for 3 hours.

Chris.

Bin Wayons!!

C'est vrai en s'ti......

Paul , mon ami...

You hit the nail on the head with this one..:clapping: !

I've refused requests to join other boards .. I don't care what goes on elsewhere....

I'd hazzard to guess that you're not the only one that feels this way... but probably ...the first one to admit it!

C'est beau mon homme! :thumbsup_anim:

Randy

:canadian:

I've been a member here ever since I got my first computer, more than 10 years now. Although I don't post as much as some (I haven't checked, but I'm sure Paul has eclipsed my total by the hundreds in less than a 10th of the time), I'm on this site at least 2 or 3 times a day. I wish I could fish the number of hours I spend here. I haven't joined any other boards, I don't know where people would find the time.

Sandra and I will be at our first G2G at Lakair in June. I'm so looking forward to meeting a bunch of OFNrs I can't wait.

This thread struck a nerve so I'm going to just type away.....

Other than the short hiatus I had back in 2002 Ive been here since the very birth of OFC. The day I got the call from Kevin at Lakair Lodge requesting I post a thread on a friends fishing discussion board to help get things started. It was the very first post on TJ's OFC from what I remember. Since those days I've logged on almost every day....OFC went through ups and downs like any growing family and there were times I wanted to just walk away from it all but something just kept on dragging me back...

Like mercman says, we laugh together when we are happy,we cry together in times of sadness and we morn along side of families and friends when we loose the ones we love so dearly here.

Although other sites are more fishing fanatical and they ridicule our wonderful OFC for being so off topic we will always have something they do not and thats the compassion to be with and help each other in the most sincerest of ways when the going gets tuff. Each and every one of you are the very fibers that makes this site what it is today and I'm proud of what we are and what we have become and while many websites come and go we continue to stand strong as a community with deep roots holding us firm in place. OFC forever......

OK I just checked, 3 times my total posts...

Thats what happens when you make your living through conversationwhistling.gif On the phone with customers and suppliers, at my sales counter,talk all day, and i guess it overflows onto this place.Really sorry folks.blush.gif

I'm truly happy to know all of you, without exception, i am a richer man from the experience.

Paul

Back about year 2000 I stumbled upon a strange group of fishing fanatics on this board.

For the next couple of years I was an total inmate. OFC was my home page and it was open 24/7. Over time I became one of the core group, first asking, then answering all the (same old) questions...wink.

At some point I became bored and drifted away to help a friend with his new musky board.

When I wandered back, the cast of characters had changed. Many of my old friends were gone or had become inactive. However what was the same was that the core group were friends, even if they had never met. They exchanged ideas, advise and stories and exchanged the events of their lives.

Since then the core has turned over several times. What stays the same is that this is a true community.

It is also the fastest moving fishing board I have ever found. On other boards, questions hang on the front page with little or no in-put, or worse a bunch of X2 posts.

On OFC, your post will be on page three by sundown if no one is interested...HAHAHA.

We are lucky to have OFC and lucky to be a part of this lively on-going forum.

Well said paulthumbsup_anim.gif

For me about a year and a half ago, I was typing in fishing hotspots and what ever else fishing related on the net. But then I recalled someone saying forum this, forum that. And thats what I punched in. And clicked onto OFCthumbsup_anim.gif

Im on a few others but rarely go on them at all. This is the place to bethumbsup_anim.gif

A ton of good gents on the board, and Paul you are a generous man my friend.thumbsup_anim.gif

I came here looking for a boat, and stayed. Made many aquaintences and more importantly friends along the way. It is truly a strange phenomenon this board, I have no idea what makes it work, but it does.