Finally!!!

Ron

Well, I haven't been on the forums much as of late, mostly because I have become a computer geek! No offence guys, just that I never figured I would ever be a web guru.

I tool on the task of being the Toronto chapter's web site director 2 years ago, basicly it was to just inform our web master of updates to our chapter page. Well, everyone got busy and the web master gave me the login and passwords and I took care of our own web page, nothing major, copy and paste mostly.

Well since then we have had another web master come and go. They asked if I wanted to share the task with another person to keep the site up to date. I accepted, BIG MISKTAKE!!! :canadian: LOL Unfortuantely, the other person who was going to work on this with me got a career change and had to step down as well. I really have to hand it to you guys who do this stuff. I have learnt a lot in the past few months about web designs and there is still more to learn.

Any how's long story short, I didn't like the look and operation of the old site, making updates was troublesome and time consuming. Needless to say, I created a new look for MCI and hopefully, in the long run, made it easier to do updates and such.

So, the grand unveiling.... drum roll please......

I present to you... Muskies Canada

Edited by Ron

Nice going Ron. I was wondering why I haven't seen you posting much as of late, like a year. Anyways, good job, site looks good. I however would like to see some walleye reports from Rice from ya sometime this summer!

Looks like crap. :whistling:

Sorry, I should edit my post to let everyone know that I was joking. Wouldn't want anyone's panties to get in a knot.

OK GG ... first cuppa coffee and Ive got visuals .... come to think of it I cant honestly say I have ever seen that ...

Very impressive Ron. :clapping::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: All I can say is THANK YOU. It is about time some one from that organization took the bull by the ba..$, and made the change. Perhaps now it will entice more to inquiry about membership. Better still, maybe MORE information will be forthcoming to members who cannot attend meetings and are kept out of the loop.

Keep up the good work.

John

Very, very nice work Ron. You should be proud. I remember building my own web page years ago starting from scratch just like you did. I didn't know how to copy and paste in those days and spent hours trying to type a 30 line code and if there was one letter or punctuation out of place, it wouldn't work. Then try to find my mistake. DOH!!

Anyways, once again, beauty job Bud. But I do have one question about your banner. When did they stock Muskie in Jessee Lake?? :whistling:

Looks like crap. :whistling:

Sorry, I should edit my post to let everyone know that I was joking. Wouldn't want anyone's panties to get in a knot.

Shouldn't you be in the kitchen? :whistling:

Thanks for the remarks everyone. I had no idea on how much work this would be! It's not done yet either, this is only the begining, soon there will be more information relating to Muskie Fishing. Working on getting some of the information from the MNR like the clethrum(sp) project, tagging studies, updates on the Lake Simcoe Muskie Restoration Project, interesting articles from anyone who is willing enough to write them,(coughsnadycough). :thumbsup_anim:

Dan, tell me more about this copy and paste thing, how does it work? Is there some sort of internet glue? :blink:

Very impressive Ron. :clapping::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: All I can say is THANK YOU. It is about time some one from that organization took the bull by the ba..$, and made the change. Perhaps now it will entice more to inquiry about membership. Better still, maybe MORE information will be forthcoming to members who cannot attend meetings and are kept out of the loop.

Keep up the good work.

John

Thanks JR, er a Mr JR.... :rolleyes:

We are working on a plan to see if a "virtual" chapter would be effective. This was just breifly discussed at the last BOD meeting. If we can find some poor sole, I mean a great leader to have interest in this I can actually see it work. They can still hold monthly meetings via the internet. Hmmm something to ponder...

Looks good Ron. I have thought of joining the organization for a few years but all the chapters are to far out of my area to make any meetings or events. I'm at Pointe au Baril, smack dab in the middle of the Moon river and the French river but the only chapter I think is the Hamilton one that fishes this area, and the Sudbury one fishes even further away so it's a no go for me.

I guess I'll have to continue fishing this area by myself, lol, not complaining :lol: I rarely ever see any other muskie fisherman around. :D

If you need a chapter in Pointe au Baril let me know, I could be the chairman. :)