2 year old frozen chili

Fishnwire

I found a Tupperware container of chili I made and froze nearly two years ago. I wonder if it's still good to eat.

It's not like I'll starve if I throw it away...It's just that I have some hot dogs I'm going to take to work for lunch and want to make them chili dogs. I'm not going to make a fresh batch of chili just for the dogs, nor am I going to make an entire meal of the chili.

I defrosted it in the microwave and it looks/smells fine. Still...it is two years old.

Hmmmmmmm...

Edited by fishNwire

When we still had our dog I would give stuff like that the 'lab' test. (She was a black lab).

If she wouldn't eat it, I probably wouldn't. :canadian:

i

When we still had our dog I would give stuff like that the 'lab' test. (She was a black lab).

I've watched my dogs eat plenty of things I wouldn't...the latest was a dead mouse the cat left on the deck, should I have saved some for you?

Edited by Jer

Whoa, I wouldn't be here if I used my lab as a guide!

Edited by Harrison

Do you eat from coffee trucks much? If so, your system will have built up immunities to anything that you could get from eating that 2 year old chili!!!

After all, some of those sandwiches have been heating slowly for days, maybe even weeks!

Go for it!

Cooked or uncooked.. it's been frozen the entire time (well I hope it has). No different than all the other items that get "lost" in a big chest freezer. I'd hate to know how old some of those items where that I ate out of my mothers 8' chest freezer, or for that matter what is in our own.

I just cooked up a huge batch of bacon that was more than 2 years past its best before date .. it was Sweeeeeeeet .... I have a friend who used to be in the international meat trade bus .... you'd be SHOCKED to know how old some of that stuff is before it hits your plate :)