Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

She's working?! That's incredible. She's simply an amazing lady. If she's working at Ryerson, I might run into her when I visit a few of my old profs in the new year :)

The force is strong in Jen...Judging by the pic, her light saber is out and ready for action :w00t:

Best wishes :)

Passed her blood work this morning, so weighed in @ up 8 lbs from 2 weeks ago (85lbs), and chemo #2 is now well under way. All week long.. chemo for about 7 hours each day, anti infection needle Saturday afternoon and then home for Christmas. Then next chemo is now booked for Jan 5th, unless they change that by doing surgery... which is coming for sure now as we by fluke rode the elevator down from the 11th floor and walked to the parking garage with her Oncologist at 10:30 tonight (there's a dedicated man ...14.5 hrs after his office opens). The decision has apparently been made, but he wasn't sure all the details as he's not the surgeon.

Up another kilo today... but not for lack of nagging from the parentals. Hospital food.. almost untouchable. Some she won't even open the lid on with the pre-derived notion that it's terrible. Seems to be the issue with all 6 of the patients in the Sarcoma chemo unit, so we're bringing in food from home and restaurants to keep her weight up. Monday night I walked 1/2 of downtown yonge street to fill her request for an assorted from Mr. Sub. They are few and far between these days.. sad with one of the oldest franchises in Canada... of course I saw one today at the corner of College and Spadina that's a lot closer to the hospital! :wallbash:

Two more days of chemo...discharge Saturday am and the VON nurse has been requested for after 2 on Saturday to give her the anti infection needle and then we can hopefully take her home for Christmas. Have a feeling we'll find out a requested MRI will be next week to screw things up, but if it is.... it is.

Edited by irishfield

Day 5 chemo over.. Hero Burger saved the day again tonight!! Checks out at 8am and then we have to wait for the nurse to come by the apartment... to give Jen her needle, after 2pm(has to be 24 hours after chemo finishes), before heading home to our house for Christmas! :)

Edited by irishfield

We had to admit Jen for fever, here at the local hospital, last night. Looks like she's stuck there 'till at least Christmas Day, possibly longer. Leah now has a fever as well so can't even visit Jen. Maybe we'll have Christmas in July. Now back to sterilizing my system.. .. :wallbash:

Edited by irishfield

I read the updates and am not sure what to say so I don't say anything. I hope your family gets a little cheer out of this Christmas. Keep up with the updates I am sure there are many like me that do not comment much but are interested in what is going on.

I think of your family every once in a while driving to work and I hug my son a little harder or I call my mother and father that day or Shovel the driveway for my wife (joke).

Anyways, when your family gets through this, you guys will be unstoppable.

Merry Christmas