Here she is,,,my new '10 Ranger 621

Gman

It's been a long anxious wait and when everyone was starting to hit the water this spring I thought I was really going to miss out - well it's been just the opposite! The weather and wind were nuts on the big water till about 2 weeks ago. Actually, if there was a year to have any boat or motor arrive late this year would be it I would believe! My boat arrived in early March, we’ve just been waiting on the newly redisgned 4.2L V6 Yamaha 300. This motor went on a serious diet over the winter and shed something like 248 pounds and now weighs in @ 558#, where it previously came in at 806#. It’s the lightest in it’s class.

Headed up to DT Powersports last weekend with dad and saw'er sitting there, the newly re-designed 2010 Ranger 621, notice the deep V in the front of the hull, that's new for the '10 Ranger 621 this year and one of the reasons why I went with it. On top of the wide gunnels specifically designed to accommodate a modular track system such as Bert’s Custome Tackle accessories.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Did what I needed to do and go the once over on everything then proudly trailered her home where she belongs, Milton This is one well set-up rig, perfectly balanced, dual torsion axles, with oil bath hubs and 4 disc brakes makes trailering a breeze Believe it or not even thou the complete set-up is almost double my previous set-up in weight I'm using 5L/100kms less in gas! Yeah sure there's few difference as 4 tires are easier to roll than the previous 2, no windshield and the whole unit actually tucks in below the truck drastically reducing wind resistance.

Here she is parked at home attached to truck -

Picture011.jpg

A shot of her big ass end -

Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

The winch set-up, and convenient access step mounted to trailer for easy bow access, notice the trailer is essentially LINEX'd the with spray on "truck bedliner" -

Picture017.jpg

Here's some a bunch of interior shots, some of which just don't do it justice -

The helm - if you ever have a chance to add in one of these trim swtiches, DO IT. Never had one before there now I can' leave without it!

Picture022.jpg

Down beside the helm, notice all the little creature comforts -

Picture038.jpg

Port console -

Picture024.jpg

The kicker pre-rig connection to main motor hydraulic steering. This has got to be the slickest, sickest set-ups I've seen made of stainless, top notch all the way. It's on all the time, no more damn bar to put on and remove which eventually calcifies and rusts or rattles and drives you nuts -

Picture025.jpg

The "dance floor" aka the trolling "workstation", all that is storage except for the horizontal area which is the livewell with Oxygenator system. I've already removed the 2 extra seats as well as the removable casting platform and stored them in the basement

Picture035.jpg

If you notice the rectangle in the floor of the last pic this is what it is, all 4 batters are placed in the center of the hull in efforts to balance out the boat, lower the center of gravity and make for smoother re-entry in to big water - just plain smart and frees up a load of storage space not to mention easy to access The master power switch is mounted in there as well as the the switch to turn on the bow mount. This is same idea has been used in the 620 for the past couple of years, just smart!

Picture034.jpg

The bow, all dry storage is sealed with a lip and a rubber gasket What we've got here is the large port and starboard storage spaces, the rod locker, live bait well on the starboard side and built in cooler on port side, all storage compartments contain white LED lights.

Picture037.jpg

Got'er wet saturday around noon and put 5 hours on'er already, topped out @ 57mph @ 5200rpm with hammer down running a 14 7/8" x 23 prop, gonna move down to a 14.5"x 21P to increase rpm's as I should be pushing 5900 as redline is 6000. I was really impressed with the solid once piece feel of the boat as well as the responsiveness of the hull; never though I could pull as tight of a 180 switch back going 40mph that I did That front keel just carves thru the water and makes it feel as if you’re on rails.

Took the boat in to get chipguarded this Monday morn so should be bring'er home again Thursday or Friday night, then it'll be time to mount both the HDS 8's and get started on the mounting of the riggers.

Main focus over the next week+ is going to be to get the boat rigged and "fish ready".

I’ll keep you updated with pics and the rigging progresses.

On a separate note, the knowledge and service I rec’d from Greg & his staff at DT Powersports was excellent. They know all the in’s and out’s of these specialized fishing machines and know how to walk you thru the process and keep you informed every step of the way.

Cheers G.

Nice rig there bud I am sure your gonna love the way it fishes, the Yammy does looked trimmed down the first 300`s looked like a volkswagen.

I have found towing the same with my Stratos versus the Alumacraft the Stratos is far easier to launch and load and I get around 20-25% better fuel mileage with the tow vehicle.

Enjoy :thumbsup_anim: