Would you pay to join here?

Daplumma

If it was a matter of the site shutting down and you couldn't have it both ways.Would you rather pay a small fee or put up with the adds hidden in a thread?

I would prolly take the adds so that there would be a larger member base with more info being shared.Pay sited in this economy are on the decline.What do you think?

Joe

The money to operate has to come from somewhere. The original idea behind most sites was that ad dollars would more than cover operating costs. If you remove the advertising the money must come from elsewhere whether that be sponsors, membership fees, merchandising.

Now pop-ups every 30 seconds would be annoying. I'd say leave the ads to produce a revenue stream.

If I were paying, I'd like to see the ads kept out of the threads. But if the revenue is needed, I must admit I do like the one ad per thread approach if the technology supports it. I'm guessing the page templates don't as we found out this morning. Perhaps a way to keep them out of the body of the threads, like the banners, or having them as the first post would be better.

Would I pay to be here - I probably would if it were something modest like 20.00 a year or 2.00 a month even (monthly to help the cash flow?). I really do think thought that the free membership is what attracts better than 95% of us to begin with, along with the quality of the board and it's material of course.

I don't think I'd drop out if it became a paysite, but I wouldn't continue if it were pricey either.

It's not easy to answer this - on the one hand there's the business aspect, on the other there's personal views.

Let's just hope we never have to answer for real...!

Michael

Guest gbfisher

There are some pay sites but as far as I'm concerned they are a joke. If advertising, Meet and Greets or donations can't flip the bill why bother. I guess if you didn't know anything about fishing and couldn't find any info on the net or anyone to fish with maybe some should pay. :D

I'm so glad we had this time together Just to have a laugh or sing a song Seems we just get started and before you know it Comes the time we have to say So Long. I'm not paying to play......

Strong in numbers.Theres no better.

Bring it,

I say

I'm so glad we had this time together Just to have a laugh or sing a song Seems we just get started and before you know it Comes the time we have to say So Long. I'm not paying to play......

but do you click?....

To support this great family of ours I say go ahead with the ad bots in the threads. If it would be possible to set it to be at the bottom of each thread, all the better.

How many members??? So if you were to charge a few $$$ each.... Still would be one of my cheapest memberships I would buy in the fishing world. The best part of it is, this probably has more information on this site than any other membership or club I belong to! Not only fishing related, I think that is why I enjoy it so much though.

Hey just a thought, how about setting up a paypal account where guys could voluntarily donate money to keep this site running. Just a thought....

Cheers, Ron...

well said Ron... we will spend how much on tackle in a season?

hell I will donate the price of a Husky jerk...

if everyone else would see it this way perhaps those of us that are diehard to OFC

pepps dont carp when they buy a lure.... by carp to donate a little to a place you like wo talk about fishing!

TJ. setup a paypal account. or perhaps accept a cheque?

G.