Would you pay to join here?

Daplumma

FIRST OFF!!! Let me say this thread IS NOT ABOUT whether were gonna make anyone pay... cause that's not gonna happen... Theres gonna be no set % or fee on the classifieds either. This thread was a QUESTION posted to see what the opinions are and thats all it is.

As far as we are concerned, if you sell something through the classifieds, and the deal went well, and ya made some money and IF YOU FEEL like it, a couple of bucks through paypal is appreciated, IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE IT, that's perfectly fine as well.

This site will never be a pay site as that would totally undo everything weve doen in the past to make this a Community.

I do however like the idea of subjecting the lurkers to the extra ad....

We're not trying to make a fortune here, just trying to keep enough $$ in the bank for costs, donations... and believe it or not, flowers for funerals... I know that sounds crazy, but in last few years we - THE MODS - spent plenty on expressing our condolences at either members funerals and/or members families funerals. Flowers ain't cheap, but the thought is priceless.

and believe it or not, flowers for funerals... I know that sounds crazy, but in last few years we - THE MODS - spent plenty on expressing our condolences at either members funerals and/or members families funerals. Flowers ain't cheap, but the thought is priceless.

It sure is bud... and you don't even know just how much they were appreciated.. TWICE !

FIRST OFF!!!

We're not trying to make a fortune here, just trying to keep enough $$ in the bank for costs, donations... and believe it or not, flowers for funerals... I know that sounds crazy, but in last few years we - THE MODS - spent plenty on expressing our condolences at either members funerals and/or members families funerals. Flowers ain't cheap, but the thought is priceless.

Thats why a donate button works. I am a member of another site where I donate on occasion. It helps cover the costs of the server for those that want to help and if others don't then that is their business.

It's all academic because a member will never be solicited for money to be a part of the community. What I find strange is that this is never brought up by admin, always by a member and while I'm sure everyone appreciates the concern over the financial well being of the board, all we want is to be able to pay the piper at the end of the month. Yes, lately there have been more expenses but I'm sure we can muddle through.