The best Xmas gift ever

danc

About a month ago my Mom called me in the middle of the night to tell me that Dad had been taken to the hospital by ambulance with breathing difficulties. He spent about a week in and out of ICU and then was flown to Hamilton for some rather serious heart surgery. He was flown back to our local hospital after that and eventually overcame some other related issues . Well..... today he finally came home just in time for Christmas. What Ive learned from all of this is to appreciate what you have. Cherish the moment. What you have today may not be here tomorrow. Give your loved ones an extra hard hug for me this holiday season. You will never regret it.

Peace, and happy holidays to all... :)

Wayne and Joey... This past year you have both gone through what we all must face at some time or another. My close call certainly put things into perspective for me. From what I know of you here on OFC, both of you have tight family ties and no shortage of friends. Thats the best thing ever in times of need. All the best to you both. Just remember the good times. They last forever.

Happy Holidays guys..

My folks are still going strong, but Debbe has lost both of hers. So family times are joyfull and not so joyfull sometimes. I'm happy to hear your old man is still on the green side of the lawn.

Appreciate your good fortune and have a wonderful holiday season. Time with friends and family is really what it is all about.

All the best to you and yours.

Awesome to hear, and, a great "feel good" Christmas story!!! You are so right, I owe my love of fishing to my dad...from the time I was five years old we were out catching trout in stocked ponds, fishing the pier at Kincardine (hooked my first steelie their at age 6), etc, etc!! I am going to make a point of thanking my dad for what he gave me, this Christmas.