Dano, Lloyd, Terry and Wayne do BOQ 2009

irishfield

Left home around 1 on Thursday to pick Terry up for 2:15 and Dano for 3. Was a little early getting Terry so we ended up hitting Bass Pro around 2:30 to find Dano stocking up on ICE FISHING gear ! lol Put that hut down bud....

Down to Napanee about 6pm just as Lloyd was coming back from his boat... meeting at the motel within a few minutes of each other. Threw our stuff in the room and headed for supper at Shoeless Joe's. Last time we'll probably go there... in case anyone wants our $20 gift certificate that they were kind enough to give us after all was said and done! :huh: Back to the motel for some laughs and "imbibement"... and to bed early because Lloyd o'clock comes way tooo damn early (4:45).

Up and off to Timmies for Breakfast and the 24 hr grocery store for lunch provisions. Then down to the boat and floating out the harbour before 6:10 am to be the VERY first boat to get a crack at them fish. As much as I (we) complain about this "Lloyd o'clock"... I'm sure Terry can tell you that he's fine with it.

boq20091.jpg

Look at this BOQ surprise... going 11lbs - 14 ounces! This thing came out of the water like a ballistic missile at least 10 times. Had no like at all for the stern of the boat..

boq20092.jpg

I was up next... we were going in order of age :o and I had a 10lb + pickeraleye all the way to the boat, but it was tangled in another one of our lines... then that Lloyd guy lost it playing with the line! :o:D

Dano was up next and he added to the species list.... took two of them to get this thing over the stern..

boq20093.jpg

boq20094.jpg

We told him that was it for his turn and he started to pout.. so we put him in the penalty box.

boq20095.jpg

Then we put Terry on rod watch for hours...

boq20096.jpg

Even got a few of my brothers buddies to go out scouting for us..

boq20097.jpg

Dano still in the penalty box and making the best of it.

boq20098.jpg

Coming for more cement..

boq20099.jpg

As you can see the weather was just absolutely brutel this time around.

boq2009a.jpg

And Terry bags another Walleye..

boq2009b.jpg

..and then I did the same. 11lb 3 oz

boq2009c.jpg

..and 31" long.

boq2009d.jpg

That put an end to the fishing on Friday and we headed to Guss's for supper for a GREAT meal and then back to Napanee. Decided to drive out to Perfect View to visit Joe and Mike but there wasn't anything much that I could really take a picture of out there and post :rolleyes:

Up early the next morning and Dano was right onto the fish...

oh.. oh.. what's the chances of that. Guess he'd better change his handle to Danwhitebass..

boq2009f.jpg

That was it for Saturday fish... Terry on watch for 10 hours! and nadda.

Even Lloyd had enough and I drove us all over the Adolphus Reach in search of a fish.

boq2009g.jpg

The end of another day on the water came and we went to Guss's again for supper with Ailegoby and Peter in tow. douG had kindly invited us to JJ's for 7pm.. but nobody wanted to kill 2 hours before supper and then go all the way back to Napanee. Next year I think we're all going to stay in the Harbour Inn so we can get the G2G part back in line on this trip.

Sunday Lloyd o'clock came once again at 4:45 and the drive from Napanee to Picton was terrible. Could see 2 dashes on the road ahead in the fog. So we launched a bit later than usual... 6:20 ! Tooting the air horn as we went and following GPS we got to our spot and threw out the boards. Found about 4 boats jigging with lots of room to spare thanks to everyone knowing to toot back and forth for location fixation.

boq2009h.jpg

Visibility got a little better around 9:30... when we could finally stop having three guys on "boat watch" and one on rod watch. The sun poked out brightly for a few minutes just shy of noon and just as it did... Terry was lucky that it was his turn! lol

boq2009i.jpg

This one was one nasty looking thing with the big scab and the fin half rotted off.

boq2009j.jpg

Pulled the lines at 1PM and headed in to pack everything up... load the boat on the trailer and deliver it to Lloyd's laneway in Port Hope...and home from there.

Another BOQ expedition in the books for the 4 of us. A couple Muskie trips yet to come, hopefully, and then the works of us will be drilling ice...

Edited by irishfield

Had a great time as always

I had to remove the sound...tooooooooo many words would't make it pass the Mods

what a warm weekend who could ask for more

PICT0026.jpg

just a wee bit of fog

DSCF3572.jpg

all daycares have a nap time

PICT0033.jpg

we found where Lloyd buys his secret lures

PICT0003.jpg

Great couple of days fishing there Wayne!

Whats with your buddy and the white bass though?

anyway, nice size eyes you got there.....so uncivilized though to have to use all that equipment to snare 'em though....gimme a jig and minnow any day.....lol :P

Thanks for sharing, cant wait to see some of your fly in icefishing reports soon...love 'em but they make me sooooo jeeeelous of your ride...lol.

Cheers

Simon

Like always a trip based on good times and friendship with the fish being a by product. Its to bad that the fish were on fire all week but to slow down for fri,sat,sun. I can never say enough about the friends I have made from the board. When you have 3 of the biggest jokers on your boat for 3 days it does make for some good laughs. Joe I had a blast friday night, thanks for the drops mmmmmmmmmmmmm . Hard water is just around the corner and im sure we will all be hooking up real soon once again for a I'm not Terry/Joe fishing trip lol

Edited by fishhunter

What's with the gaf? I seen it for sale at a store this past weekend. It looks like it's pretty good for keeping your hand away from the teeth and keeping a mouth open. Only thing would be not to damage gils sliding it up there. Might be something to consider for pike, eyes, musky, etc.....where teeth are an issue. You'd also still need to support the fish properly.....but it looks pretty good alternative to keeping your hand up the gill plate up near the teeth and getting those stupid little finger cuts.

The Gaf as you call it is a fish holder.Think of it as your third hand. I use it to keep hands out of the gills and allows me to pick the fish out of the next with no harm to my hands or the fishes gills. it goes in behind the gill plate and stays to the outside of the gills. alot of people pick fish up by the gills but when he fish starts to thrash 1 drop it or drab harded sometime doing damage. this tool stops all that. I will not let people put hands in the gills of fish we are letting go. Fish comes first!! hope that helps.

The sleeping business is a direct result of "Lloyd o'clock"! LOL

LLoyd, Terry, Dano and Wayne... I think I had a blast and certainly do thank you guys for visiting us at the Hay Bay office of the OFC GTG. If laughing adds days to your life, I think we all added a few months!

Lloyd, the Lemon Drops are always available to my friends! Dano, it's always time! Terry, nice to see you get the skunkerou off yer back and I still can't believe that Wally Bomber caught a fish!

Wayne, thanks for putting up with us on Saturday... my cell phone bill is going to be through the roof! LOL

HH