2009-honda-ridgeline-rear-three-quarter-view.jpg

http://image.internetautoguide.com/f/auto-...a-ridgeline.jpg

Selection Criteria was:

1) Quality/Reliability per consumers reports

2) Tow at least 3,500 lbs

3) intelligent/auto 4WD

4) fuel economy

5) utility

6) fit in my garage (full-size was to big)

7) Good commuter vehicle - (I drive downtown TO every day)

And it's built Alliston Ontario to boot!

BTW: I used carcost.com and paid $500 over list, e.g. saved more than $8,500 off of MRSP.

Edited by Ted & the Gadget

How much did it run yah? I like those with a cap on the back.

I went to the Applewood GM Dealer in Sauga today and priced out a Canyon with executive pricing it would cost me 30k unless i pay cash and get $4,500 off. which ends it up at $25k. Tough to decide. if i wanna buy new or used. I can't get over that freight charge is 1200.

Edited by Mattones

I went to the Applewood GM Dealer in Sauga today and priced out a Canyon with executive pricing it would cost me 30k unless i pay cash and get $4,500 off. which ends it up at $25k. Tough to decide. if i wanna buy new or used. I can't get over that freight charge is 1200.

Price broke down like this:

Honda Ridgeline VP 2009

MRSP $35,749

Wholesale Carcost.com $ 32,748.00

Honda Discounts $5,500.00 - (Cash & Special Incentives)

Freight & PDI: $1,560.00

Cost $28,808.0

Markup $ 500.00

FairPrice $29,308.00

Tonneau -13%: of $ 2,166.19 = $1,884.59

sub-total $31,192.59

Hope this helps...

Congrats! a very good & reliable vehicle, you'll love driving it, specially in the winter with that automatic 4WD, no fish-tailing in the snow/ice & no need to put sand bags in the bed. 5000 lbs towing capacity to boot, best of all its over 90% made in Canada. :thumbsup_anim:

you did well on the price!

Edited by stonefish

Only thing I don't like about the Ridgeline are the high bed sides and that fact that you cannot lock in 4wd..

My brother in law has one, he's had zero issues with it since new..

I know what you mean LOL, those high sides ARE odd looking, you either like it or hate it, but I like the "In Bed Trunk" fill it with ice and you ready for a tailgate party :thumbsup_anim:

You can lock in 4WD, its called VTM4 lock, but only in 1st, 2nd or Reverse gears, as soon as you reach a speed of 28kph it kicks out of the 4WD Lock and goes in automatic 4WD mode together with Vehicle stability control, electronic brake distribution etc ,

Honda's VTM4 Lock feature is only meant to get you out of a jam like a tricky/slippery slope or boat ramp, it kicks out to automatic to protect the 4WD system on higher speeds,

Edited by stonefish

Congrats on the new truck Ted and hopefully you'll be very happy with it. I spent alot of time driving different Ridgelines last year and I was always very impressed with everything about them.

There's just something special about driving down the road in a brand new vehicle ;)

You're going to love it!!! I got a Pilot last year and it is a sweet vehicle.

My last 4 vehicles have been Hondas and each one has been great!!!!!

Have fun with it. :thumbsup_anim:

The VTM4 activates the center locking differential in 1st, 2nd and reverse as was stated. It locks all 4 wheels for superior traction in really crappy conditions. I have used mine to claw my way through a foot of snow on the lake. :D

UPDATE: once the snow gets up to the bottom of the doors she gets stuck. At least with the conservative all season tires. :blush:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Nice.

I'm in the market for a new vehicle, and have narrowed down the search to either a Toyota Tacoma, or a Ford Ranger. I didn't even check out the ridgeline, but I will look into it now.

Thanks for the post.

According to Consumer Reports the Honda Ridge Line and the Toyota Tacoma better know as the "Taco" are rated very high.

Good Luck with the new sweet ride,

Bob

Glad to help!!!

Thanks for buying the truck, I built the seats for that baby in NewMarket although now the Ridgeline is being produced in Alabama aswell as the seats your purchase has insured another paycheck for me which means more fishing gear :thumbsup_anim:

One thing I learned from buying a new vehicle through the APA buying plan (www.apa.ca) is that the freight and PDI cost is negotiable along with everything else - extended warranties etc. Go into the dealer with the price you want to pay....not the other way around.