Simcoe Perchin Today

Joey

Met up with Terry out from Gilford today.

It was a tad bit cold this morning :o as can be seen by my lovely mug of hot chocolate.

3188713123_72676f2936_b.jpg

Perch came in schools, on and off all day. As soon as I heard the boys say here comes some fish, both watching their respective fishfinders, they hit.

Mostly small but there were some keepers. This is one of the smaller ones - not a keeper, kind of looks angelic in the sunbeams lighting up my clam :lol:

3188714409_38b6000e95_b.jpg

Terry thinks he has a nice big jumbo on, then realizes it is bigger than a perch.

Finally he yells out its a pike, and figures he'll not be able to land it on the light tackle he has.

Play by play pics and like a pro, Terry lands her :thumbsup_anim:

3188715741_b93b77ea51_b.jpg

3188717069_38bdf757c5_b.jpg

3189562530_b6e7cf8c17_b.jpg

3189564040_d6119ce7d4_b.jpg

3188721109_c98fe6509f_b.jpg

Paul and Terry yakking.

3188722343_69119d4c33_b.jpg

Me out of my hut for a short moment.

3188723519_4605ee91d5_b.jpg

Then Terry gets a nice perch, biggest of the day.

3189568892_5d8efc12e4_b.jpg

My take home fish.

3189570162_51099f30e0_b.jpg

Terry taking off after a lovely day of fishing.

3188728625_3788c387e4_b.jpg

Got home and started to filet and my cat had other ideas. He sat there from start to finish and ate about 2 whole perch sushi :rolleyes: He's my best friend now.

3189573962_0e00b33fed_b.jpg

The bag on the left is the pike (Thanks Terry :clapping: ) and the bag on the right are the perch.

3188731767_15d11ed10e_b.jpg

Going to get the pan warming in a minute ready for a fry :thumbsup_anim:

Hope we see you out there again next weekend Terry.

Cheers,

Joey

Thanks for looking after him Today Hun !!! Did he break anything?? lol

No, I kept him in line today Wayne, but he did keep calling out your name periodically, then cried like a baby and went into the fetal position. We talked him through it tho. :lol:

Joey

Well he said he did Memart, personally, I didn't see it :whistling:

Joey

Maybe he thought he had a bite,then again, he may of caught a cold or something. Might of been a snezze that made the tip shake.LOL

Great shot of the hot chocolate J.

woman who cleans fish, now that's what I call a "catch"!

Mine is is training, as I type.LOL

Edited by misfish

Great report joey...start to finish.

The colour on those perch is incredible!

Congrats to your buddy l;anding that snotty rocket on the light gear.

Does your cat bug ya too for scraps?!....lol...mine are all over me as soon as they hear me sharpening a knife...they know what that sound means....lol.

Great report joey...start to finish.

The colour on those perch is incredible!

Congrats to your buddy l;anding that snotty rocket on the light gear.

Does your cat bug ya too for scraps?!....lol...mine are all over me as soon as they hear me sharpening a knife...they know what that sound means....lol.

Yes Simon, he is relentless with his meowing. As I mentioned, he ate two perch - sushi style. He was my best friend the rest of the night too :lol:

Joey

You were so close to us Sunday, you could have hit us with a snowball! Never you guys were out there, nor did you know we were.

That is Cupcakes blue clam over your shoulder. My hut is hidden by your beautiful mug.

3188723519_4605ee91d5_b.jpg

Edited by Ron

Thanks for the report Joey! Sunday looked like a prefect day to get out, alas, it was not in the cards for me!

I still can't beleive Paul caught a fish though! LMAO!

Re the cat... one of the funniest things I recall about my cat was the time I came home from Cooks Bay with a bucket of perch. The fish as the bottom of the bucket were frozen solid and as I was cleaning them, they began to thaw out. Well, my cat came down stairs to see what all that smell was about, climbed up the side of the bucket, just in time for one of the frozen fish, to start flopping in the bucket.

I swear that cat jumped 4 feet straight into the air! Heck, I'm still laughing about that one!

HH