Lakair From My Eyes . . .

Marty

I would just like to say that this year's Lakair trip was magical. For the first time, my 5 year old son, Dawson, made it to Canada. The members of this board are so special. You made him feel so special. He came home with more lures than his daddy owns. Special thanks to TJ, Monique, Avery and Jaden for making him feel so special. Thanks to Roy, John, Rick, Lew, Spiel and everyone else who were so good to him. I know I'll leave somebody out and I apologize. Everyone was so great.

I probably don't need many words with these pics because they obviously speak for themselves but here goes:

Dawson's first Canadian fish. Think he's happy?

gallery_12_496_26089.jpg

His first "pickeral", which ended up in his belly:

gallery_12_496_32200.jpg

Another one. Geez, they're getting bigger:

gallery_12_496_31118.jpg

Dawson and his pappy with their tournament entries. Pappy had two but one was released at the dock.

gallery_12_496_44352.jpg

Dawson with his entry. Hmmm, I wonder how many Dad caught (thanks Spiel and TJ).

gallery_12_496_106978.jpg

Another one of them Canadian fish:

gallery_12_496_62492.jpg

Dawson and TJ cooking up Dawson's first pick:

gallery_12_496_7197.jpg

Pappy trying to pull off the country gentleman thing:

gallery_12_496_65788.jpg

Glen trying to teach Dawson some southern arson things:

gallery_12_496_3471.jpg

The little guy fished on that dock until he figured out how to cast one of those things:

gallery_12_496_89410.jpg

Finally, three generations of Dietz's. Truly unbelievable.

gallery_12_496_14107.jpg

Thanks again everyone. It was a blast.

That's by far the best Lakair report from this year Marty and it was such a treat seeing Dawson enjoying his 1st Canadian trip so much.

It was also great to see 3 generations of your family together like that.

I'd hoped you & I could have gotten a little musky fish'n in together this year but obviously that couldn't happen, but hopefully next time.

Have a blast on your up-coming French River trip too :Gonefishing:

Guest Johnny Bass

Looks like the little guy enjoyed himself immensely. A fishing trip he wont forget anytime soon. I'm sure he is already looking forward to the next fishing trip in Canada. Thanks for sharing.

What a GREAT smile!!! He's a sweet young man, but if he keeps taking lessons from Dawg on how to set fires, he's gonna need a good lawyer ;)

Like the others said, it was great seeing three generations having such a good time together, and I'm sure there will be many more such trips in the future.....I just hope you survive getting out the door without the young fella to head up to the French :D

Maureen

It's reports like this that make it all worthwhile. Seeing three generations, Dawson, Marty and Ed all enjoying themselves was a sight to behold.

Hope that Dawson told his Mom how many fish Daddy caught....... :clapping:

Little worried there about him being coached by the 'bama pyromaniac though....

Same here for what the rest have said. It was a pleasure meeting you folks and I didn't realize you live in the same state as I do. Dawson was on cloud nine with his overstuffed bag of goodies at the end of the day on Saturday. That's what it's all about. My guess is that Dawson already made his reservations for next year. Oh yeah ... he better bring a bigger bag.

Marty, great post glad to see Dawson enjoyed him self so much. By his smile in every picture it’s quite evident that he did.

You are creating memories for him that he will never forget, I can tell you my first Canadian trip was around his age and about 5 subsequent trips all at Lakair. The last one when I was 15 that was some 25 years ago and I have not forgotten my trips there as a young man.

And think goodness I will be back there the first week of August to rekindle all of those memories.

Jeff.

Great report and pics Marty. Dawson is such an angel. He sure looked like he enjoyed himself, well, until the tackle bag incident :o:lol: But that worked itself out.

Looking forward to seeing you guys next year. Will Dawson be coming again?

Joey