To H*##, And Back! .......n-f

brickNblock

It seems like it was only yesterday that I lost my business because some clown figured away around not paying me for work completed by using the union against me to do so.

We lost everything, I mean everything, including our Home a Truck and 2 Boats.

Well its been a slow uphill battle and this year I managed to put a new truck in the driveway, purchase a small boat........settle our oldest son into a great job in GrandePrairie Alberta.......

And,

Yesterday,

Signed the mortgage papers on our....NEW HOME!!!!!!!!

We are crazy with excitement...

It has 196' of water frontage on the east side of the Trent River in Frankford just 15 minutes north of the 401 at Trenton. BOQ is about a 30 minute boat ride away from my backyard.

I've only one strap left on my boots from having been pulling them up so hard these past few years, maybe Santa will bring me a new pair of boots this Christmas.

We move in this December 21st......lousy time of year to move but Charmaine wants to be in for Christmas.

Only one pic so far and it is a far away shot of my father on the dock.

gallery_135_133_21788.jpg

Our computer will be down for a week or two over christmas though....I think we'll handle that just fine.

Edited by brickNblock

Peter, some folks will whine that the whole world is against them. Talk to them 20 years later and they're still whining that they can't get ahead. It's everyone elses' fault. I too have watched my wife cry over our losing everything. You pulled out of it Peter (and Charmaine) and I'm proud to call you my friend. You now have a great advantage over lotsa folks in that you've been through the mill and better still, you did it with a partner and family. That experience will make you almost untouchable.

You, Charmaine and the whole family have the greatest Chistmas. All of you, take your time and savour the experience that you worked so hard together to enjoy.

Peter that is great news! And when you pull your boots up, you do it with style! Sure looks like you've found yourselves a little slice of heaven. As for your moving date, wow, you guys don't waste any time, but I can see where Charmaine is coming from, couldn't ask for a better Christmas present.

I look forward to more pictures and your fishing reports that should be coming nightly :) in the spring.

Maureen

I am proud of what you have done with the hard work and the sweat of your brow. I am proud of Charmaine and your family for toughing it out at your side. I am most proud that thru the tough times you did not become bitter and still had time to call me a friend. I am happy that you achieved the goals that you have set and wish you well in reaching all other..... but I am pretty sure that is not needed you have done what most cant in style .

Art

Great way to start the day hearing a story like yours Peter. Only had the pleasure of meeting you once at BPS, but look forward to seeing you again. That is a beautiful section of the river. You have found a piece of heaven and I hope it brings you the peace and tranquility that you richly deserve. Looking forward to some home reports (once the computer is back in service). It will be a crazy Christmas for you, but I'm sure one you will savour for many years.

Well its been a slow uphill battle and this year I managed to put a new truck in the driveway, purchase a small boat........settle our oldest son into a great job in GrandePrairie Alberta.......

And,

Yesterday,

Signed the mortgage papers on our....NEW HOME!!!!!!!!

Geez, that's not bad for one years work! Most people work for 10+ years to accomplish those purchases!!

Well that is fantatic news Peter. Kudos to you and Charmaine for pulling up your socks and "gettin er done" and coming through this with a positive attitude.

So when is the housewarming party :lol:

You and your family have the best Christmas and New Years and both Paul and I wish you many more years of happiness to come.

Cheers.

Joey & Tybo

Jo and I were in the same position many years back. Like you we decided to do something about it and all I can say is isn't it a great feeling knowing you were able to overcome odds that many would have given up on. Congrats on the new house and let me just mention you will LOVE living on the water.