For 30 seconds it was a Scary Ride

Garry2Rs

Hi guys;

Buck and I left our Summer home in the Kawartha's amy_house.jpgnd headed south for the Winter after breakfast on the 12th of October. We arrived in Yuma Arizona on the evening of the 14th.

Along the way we wrecked our boat and trailer when a leaf spring on the right side of the trailer snapped in half and sent us into a very interesting skid and spin-out. Fortunately we missed the other traffic and the guard rails and got stopped with no damage to ourselves.

The boat took heavy damage to the right rear quarter when the wheel on that side tried to climb into the boat...the axle is bent, the tires are scrubbed bald, the skeg is broken, the SS prop is mangled, but everything is insured and we were able to drive away...after the wrecker took charge of the boat and trailer.

We await the insurance company's decision regarding fixing or writing off our stuff.

In the meantime we are shore fishing at a local pond. This time of year there are Catfish and some type of Sunfish available. The Cat's are hatchery raised Channel Cat's. They appear steel gray rather than gold like the wild ones. The sunfish have a long blue "ear" and are fairly light in colour with subtle vertical bands, sort of like some Muskies. I have pictures but I left the camera to PC connection cord at home...Dawh...You will have to wait until I get a new cord or a card reader, which ever costs less...GRIN.

Garry2rs

Edited by garry2rs

Im glad that everything turned out for the best !!!! that you guys are ok. :worthy::unsure::glare: ...it could have been worse.....too bad it happened,and i hope you get things fixed and that your holidays arnt ruined,insurance replacement hopefully wont take to long...and you can get back to enjoying your trip,stay safe and make sure that you guys send us some pics and a few reports....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Wow! Scary ride! Glad to hear that you are all well after the incident.

Yuma is a dry dusty town, at least for the couple of days we stayed there back in the winter of 1989/90. I believe it's one of the warmest places in Arizona during the winter. We were there right around the time that there was a big gem show happening.

Have a good time down south and post some pictures of your adventures. :thumbsup_anim:

2R's... dang man!! holy Crap! were you wearing diapers?? I would have been wishing I was given the situation!...

Just glad to see your ok.. as the others have said before me material items can be replaced. we only go through this life once, glad to see you around to experience it.

had an angel on you shoulder you did...

Gerritt.

Good to hear you weren't hurt! Who cares about the boat, it can be either fixed or replaced.

Yuma huh, I've got a buddy who moved down there and is a teacher and a soccer coach. He hates visits in the winter now, the poor guy is wearing a coat, sweater, longjohns etc.... INSIDE THE HOUSE!!! when he comes up to see family/friends.