Finally got to fish a tourney

misfish

A few years back I met up with Terry and he had this bass boat and I was always interested in fishing bass tourneys and always wanted to fish from a bass boat. Terry gladly accepted my invite on to his boat. :D

From that day forward I was pretty much hooked on fishing bass from a bass boat and learned alot from him as I did from others on the tour.

Well the BARRIE BASS MASTERS had a fund raiser this past Sunday and I had asked Terry if he would partner up with me for this one. He was more then willing and I was excited to finally be able to get out and fish a tourney with him.

As you most have seen my prefish on some areas of Simcoe had been very good. Ah, anyone thinking what Im thinking, about what my prefishing days have turned out to be on tourney day :dunno: :'( Yep,I find the fish,I see the fish and I even catch a PB 6 pounder on one of these spots that held lots of fish and well,YEP they were not there come tourney day. Well there were two fish there,ok three ok four,but broke one off and lost the other, :worthy::worthy:

We spent a good 3 hours on this break but it seemed to be for not after awhile. With the wind being south.west I figured we could shoot out to a spot that would be wind protected in the big lake. Well we started off great,but once we got past BBP we hit those south rollers mixed with thos west waves and let me tell ya.I felt like we were in a washing machine. Well Terry did Im sure as I hit a well 4 footer that washed the boat and Terry. I looked over and all he said was,I WE THERE YET. :w00t: I remember when this happen to me in a single consol boat,but Im sorry my friend,I couldnt help but laugh. Thank goodness it was 22 degrees outside. Needless to say,we stopped, turned and headed back into the bay and finished the day fishing breaks and shorelines but the westerly gusts were just to much to really control. Gusts reached 25-30 and that is not fun.

Concidering the day and that my prefish was awesome we managed 2 fish for 8.50 pounds. Not bad for a two fish day. The winner as you can see had an awesome day. He braved the big waters and was rewarded. BTW this was a 4 fish limit.If it was a five,Curtis had a chance of breaking the 30 pound record . :worthy:

Thanks again Terry for the time out there and excepting my invite. Great guy and great fishing partner.

Now some may have noticed I have my boat up for sale. I have reached my fulfillment of the bass tourney thing. I have filled my dream as far as experinceing the tourney side of it and am going to be getting back into a tinny with down riggers and I,ll still be fishing the odd little tourneys but just not from a bass boat.

It,s been a blast and a dream satisfied as far as I am concerned.

RESULTS, LAKE SIMCOE OPEN, OCTOBER 21, 2007.

PLACE ANGLERS BASS B.F. WEIGHT WINNINGS

1 CURTIS ARNDT/ STEAVEN ALMEIDA 4 7.0 23.50 $860.00

2 RYAN JOHNSON/ BEN HARDY 4 5.15 18.45 $510.00

3 COLIN MAGUIRE/ STEVE REIMER 4 17.85 $340.00

4 CALLUM JOHNSON/ STEVE ROWBOTHAM 4 17.75 $114.00

5 CHRIS ILIOHAN/ MARK KENNEDY 4 14.90

6 MIKE RICCIARDI/ BILL WALKER 4 13.85

7 KELLY HOLMES/ BILL VAN ALLEN 3 11.05

8T JASON GODIN/ANTHONY BURGESS 3 4.90 9.30

8T JOHN ANDERS JR/ JOHN ANDERS SR 3 9.30

10 DAN TAYLOR/ GART DELUCO 3 4.25 8.60

11 BRIAN BLOWES/ TERRY BELL 2 8.50

12 STEVE CLARK/ DAVE NORGROVE 3 8.10

13 GERRY HEELS/ WIL WEGMAN 2 7.65

14 STEVE MACKENZIE/ MATT CRAKE 1 3.55

15 JOHN WHYTE/ DON WILSON 0

15 BRAD BEAZLEY 0

15 BRIAN REVER/ PETER BRUNKHART 0

15 STEVE CHANTLER/ COLE CHANTLER 0

15 KEVIN HORNER/ DAVE CHANTLER 0

Congratulations to Curtis Arndt and Steaven Almeida, the winners of our first annual (we hope) open bass tournament on Lake Simcoe out of the city of Barrie. 19 teams participated and brought in some great weights. This was a 4 fish tournament and many anglers had difficulty catching all four fish. Although the weather was unusually warm for late October, the winds started to blow before noon and made life difficult. A total of 44 fish were weighed in weighing 172 lb for an average size of 3.91 lb Every fish was a smallmouth. MNR staff as well as people from Queen's University were on hand to tag and take scale samples before the fish were released. I will post pictures of the sampling process under conservation in a few days.

As you can see the day started out perfect.

bbmtourny022.jpg

My partner :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

bbmtourny019.jpg

bbmtourny008.jpg

bbmtourny011.jpg

The two for the day :Gonefishing:

bbmtourny016.jpg

I have one more tourney this upcoming weekend. It,s the first BPS Open. This will cap off my dream. :Gonefishing:

I had a great time

fishing was tough and the wind was tougher

you just can't describe what it feels like to have a wall of water hit you like it did..

one of us, not me, had a windshield to protect them (somewhat)

I was wearing my good rain suit and it did not protect me I was wet from head to toe..I have never been that wet while having a bath, that's how wet I was..

I had the hood up and I bet 10 gallons of water went in the hood and down my front and back inside the rain suit, we will not even try to talk about my wet butt...

but it was nice and warm and the 50k gusts of wind dried me out pretty quick

thanks for the invite Brian

I had a blast

Terry

Congrats brian on your great season !!!!!!!!! :clapping::worthy::worthy: it takes a very dedicated type of person to do the tournament circut,and to stay right therre with it,as i have done it too,glad you and terry finished very well,and im sure you guys will do well in the year closer tourney comming up. B) ....i wish you luck,and looking forward to seeing your reports and pics.. :w00t: ...oh ya and bring terry back in one piece ok.....LOL..LOL..LOL cheers guys :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Way to go guys

Misfish, I admire you fulfilling a dream and now moving on. Was tournament fishing not what you thought it would be or was only your intention to give it a crack and move on? Just curious.

Cheers

Craig

It was what I thought and more. Like I said before,it,s something I always wanted to try and I did.

nice when the fish you do catch average over 4 pounds

Funny this is Paul,these would of been the small ones in that area last week. :o:unsure:

Edited by misfish

Brian, I think it's great that you went out and fullfilled a longtime dream, and I for one, have always enjoyed reading all your tourney reports.

If you hadn't tried it, you'd have always regretted it.

Thanks for alot of good reads & pictures over the last couple seasons !! :thumbsup_anim:

Brian....another awesome report! I've enjoyed reading your tournament reports this year....you spent a lot of time preparing and did pretty well I might add. I'll have to join the line of people when I say I'll miss these reports....they give me a little taste of what those tourneys are all about....I like that you talked about not just the fishing results and tactics, but also about the great people you've met and learned from along the way.

Glad to see you and Terry had a great time out there, despite the unplanned bath!! LOL.

Good seeing you there also Brian, also nice meeting Terry, my wife got sick Sat. night and decided not to risk leaving here with the kids, Spike had to come down to install our new computer, so we decided to get out for a couple of hours in the Aft. congrats to Curtis &part. for an awesome limit, he'll be one to watch Sat. in the BPS open, sorry to hear you are selling your boat , it was nice to see you out there as a regular, loved the after event reports also, great to see it from another perspective!

Edited by Mark Kulik

Great report Brian, I have to admit I'm a little surprised about you selling the boat, I know you had a lot of fun, and thought with your boy joining you that would be the beginning of a great partnership....unless he buys the boat off you ;)

Glad you had a good run and are happy with it all, good luck in your final tourney.

Maureen