Camping/Fishing report

Spiel

....Now that I'm finally able to view the board I'll give yous a small report of the camping/fishing trip[ the kids and I took a few weeks ago.

We left on a Monday morning to a near north adventure where I've been taking the kids since they were in diapers. It's a small lake but it has a decent warm water fishery though I'd only get a few mornings to test my rusty talents. Anyway I'll keep it short.

med_gallery_9_87_8608.jpg

The campsite.

med_gallery_9_87_13899.jpg

The docks. Which is where my boy spent a great deal of time harrassing the local panfish population. The docks is also where I met Karl Kolanka (Extreme Angler) on the first morning I got out for a quiet (solo) fishing adventure. Nice guy that Karl, we traded tales about fishing the lake from past adventures and I filled him in my mornings success.

med_gallery_9_87_2618.jpg

I'm willing to venture that Karl's boat may be a tad quicker than mine. :whistling:

My success was limited to a handful of smallmouth bass which I found interesting since I was targeting largemouth. The area I was fishing was 2 to 3 feet deep and thick with weeds. Surface temp was 82.5 and deep water was a few hundred yards away. The sun had already been up for near two hours but I wanted to toss top water baits in an effort to avoid the heavy weeds. It was a good choice as the smallies were on the bait often before the splash subsided. Here's a couple of the better ones.

med_gallery_9_87_35998.jpg

The big'n was 19x13, what a fatty! Yes they were all released. :D

The afternoons were spent boating and swimming in order to quell the stifling heat, man it was a hot week.

med_gallery_9_87_44651.jpg

med_gallery_9_87_45582.jpg

med_gallery_9_87_30952.jpg

On the second morning I awoke early to a very bright moon. It was just past 4:30 and I was on the water before 5. This time I couldn't find a smallie? I did however manage a dozen or so largemouth. Most were running an nice 2 to 3lbs. But is was the 2 that broke me off that left me shaking. I'd guess both to be over 7lbs. I had a good look at both only 20 feet from the boat when they busted my Chug Bug. The first one actually came back out of the water after I broke him off in the weeds, shook his head and sent my lure flying about 10 feet away. Thanks!

med_gallery_9_87_16711.jpg

The moon

med_gallery_9_87_8958.jpg

and the bass.

My boy who continued day in and out harassing the dock fish also managed a nice bass.

med_gallery_9_87_56871.jpg

I also got my son tossing some top water on our last evening and he got his first surface busting bass. However he didn't think it would be to flattering to take his picture with a 6 inch fish after his prize dock bass....lol

med_gallery_9_87_35139.jpg

med_gallery_9_87_38851.jpg

med_gallery_9_87_5829.jpg

Well that's it for now. Another adventure is just around the corner for the kids and I. Should be a blast!

Chris, If your not busting your internet connection (I wont go into details.......) or the site being all screwy (not the first time) atleast it is giving you time away from the computer spending time with those awesome kids of yours! Tell Conner congrats on his Bass! and tell them girls.. HighSchool Musical 3 is already being made before #2 has even been released!!

How's the garage coming?

Nice report brother.

G.

Beauty report Chris. All the kids look healthy and happy. Very nice pictures. I think you need to put on a few more lbs tho dear. I just can't get used to you being so thin :D Maybe I'll send you down a coupla lbs of my jerky :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

Dude,you sure look swell.I thought maybe you left town or something.

Great report,time with the young ones.

What more can one ask.

So you met Karl eh? Whats he like? LOL

Thanks for the great report bud.

BTW,Whats that green fish yer holding? :dunno::Gonefishing::D