I just found out my buddy was killed.

Old Ironmaker

Stouter was a great guy. He had both hips replaced a few years back and wasn't able to ride his Heritage yet he told me just a few weeks ago. I guess he was able to yesterday. The story is that he just went off the road, no collision with another vehicle. He may have suffered a medical incident, we don't know. He was supposed to come to our annual Golf tourney fund raiser tomorrow. I just hope he wasn't laying in that field in pain waiting to die alone. Life sucks sometimes.

Please be careful out there everyone, please.

http://www.simcoereformer.ca/2017/08/31/motorcyclist-killed-in-crash-near-selkirk

Thanks guys. This is a special weekend for us here at the lake. This will be our 12th annual golf tourney/fundraiser. The first few years we would raise funds for a few different charities and then we decided there were enough locals that were going through tough times because of serious illness. So 100% of the money we raise is given to that individual whom is battling a serious disease. Some are thank goodness still with us, many are not. Being sick is expensive. Parking alone in Hamilton at the hospitals can be up to $140.00 a week, that is insane.

Stouter came each and every year to our event, in fact I met him 11 years ago when we were teamed together for the golf scramble. What a hoot we had. Comparing scars on our bodies. He was a guy that always had a smile on his face and every other sentence he had a chuckle no one will forget. I just came back helping to set up the venue and stage for the band. It just won't be the same without Stout and it was a sombre day today. Someone said if Stouter knew we were not having a great time he'd be kicking our arses.

By the way yesterday we estimated we have raised over $60,000.00 for folks or relatives of our Lakeshore crew here in the last 10 years. Something to think about if anyone is having a fundraiser, maybe 20 cents, maybe, of each dollar raised for the big charities go to those that need help. Some of those CEO's make millions a year.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Thank you all for your kind thoughts I have passed them on to his Family and friends.

We raised $6800.00 on Saturdays John and Fay Beird's Annual Labour Day Invitational Golf Tournament Fundraiser try getting that on a trophy. We raised it for a close friend amongst our Lakeshore crew that was recently diagnosed with stage 3 throat cancer. There is most likely some pics on their Face Book page.

Thank you again guys.

Grazia tanti Alberto. Soory about the spelling, can't find my translationni book.

John, there is no 'o' in Albert, I keep telling the cakers. last name is Macchiusi, Mac in Scottish is son of. Chiusi is a city in Tuscany so they came up with Macchiusi, very rare. Traced it back to 1644 but it went back further than that. Some trader who never went back home

Names do not matter, it's living peacefully that matters. There is a town in northern Italy that celebrates Scotish traditions, apparently soldier when they were held back by a fierce winter and stayed and had lots of family :)

I have always had the idea we are only here for a short time and when we're are here why argues and have wars. WE all go eventually and leave nothing behind.

Again, thank you all. There will be a celebration of life at his place this Sunday. Nothing in the Hamilton Spec. or our local weekly rag. Strange to say the least. Stouter was single and I am not sure he had close family. Man we are going to miss him badly.

Again guys, thank you all for your thoughts, I as well as his friends out here appreciate it greatly, I have passed it on from you folks at OFC. We do have a wonderful crew here.