2014 Dodge Thoughts

Loonietoon

im sorry but seriously, how in the heck can you guys claim to be getting an average 8.x litres or even 7.something litres per 100 in a v8 half ton...i call Bull

you may be hitting those for a second? but lets talk long term averages mixing city and highway.

Something doesn't add up here? You cant even get 7L/100 in a friggin naturally aspirated 4 banger sedan..you think you can pull that off in a truck?

you can make all the claims about efficiency you want but science is science and something is fishy lol

For the sake of the fact that we are indeed canadian, can we agree to speak in Litres per 100k. the metric system is nice like that. Not to mention, are we talking US gallons or imperial...like forget that garbage...lets talk in a language that actually makes sense...AKA canadian english.

We tried metric for 2 weeks but it was to hard for us to figure out so we gave up..lol I know that we are never quoting imperial gallons. I did google it and made the conversion because it was to much math for me.

Art

I'm still waiting for Toyota to come out with new power plants.

I want a Tundra but refuse to purchase one with the gas guzzling 5.7 that is 10 year old technology.

The latest news I have heard is 2020 for new engines. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Sure hope that's wrong.

Well you might get a bit uncomfortable pulling a (RvW) Rip van Winkle waiting that long. They were contemplating the Cummins 5.0 but they too fell asleep and Nissan grabbed them. Not all that great for mileage either. Read a bit about some of the Yota diesels, some good, and some were total junk, at least by owners comments.

I have no idea how many litres/100 km I get. All I know is when I'm low on gas I fill it up. Unless those that have a vehicle for business I know of no one that has sold there ride because they are using a few liters more than he guy in the other vehicle. 1 liter more of fuel over 62 miles (100KMS) is .0174 cents per mile at $1.08 a liter. How much is a Hortons coffee now?

Driving 24,000 KM per year that would be around $12,166.00 of Tim coffee buying 2 cups a day, not factoring in inflation. They say a person that buys some coffee and snacks or 10 bucks a day spends over $100,000.00 in ones working years, if they retire after 30 years, not factoring in inflation.

Yes we can 2 dollar a day ourselves to death. I don't disagree Terry, I just don't want to add it all up as I go through life. I just can't stress over a few bucks a week for fuel driving as little as I do now, which yes adds up of course.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

ahhhh fisherman, youve got the eco diesel just like me...now i understand. I thought you guys were all saying you were getting that mileage on V8 half tons...which would be a lie...i believe you 100%

When i was driving down to alabama we were getting 8.2 going 110 as well.

25mpg in a tundra is total lieesss

Eco diesel team representing those low mileage ratings! been loving the fact that diesel has been 10cents per litre cheaper around where i live too! ha ha!

I have it in the Jeep and get between 7-8 l/100 on the highway as well. If I was looking for a truck the Ram Eco or Ram Hemi would be my first choice.

Litres and gallons are different akri

Mpg is not litres

you dont say???!!!! :tease::tease:

i was asking about imperial vs US gallons...see how stupid that system is...not only do 128 ounces make a gallon...we have two types of gallons? whatever idiot came up with this garbage needs to be shot.

How about 1000 mililiters is a litre, 1000 litres of water is a cubic meter of water, a cubic meter of water weighs one ton...H20 freezes at 0 and boils at 100...nah...this is all too confusing lolllll :blahblah1::blahblah1:

How about 1000 mililiters is a litre, 1000 litres of water is a cubic meter of water, a cubic meter of water weighs one ton...H20 freezes at 0 and boils at 100...nah...this is all too confusing lolllll :blahblah1::blahblah1:

Love the metric system for its simplicity, everything works by multiplying or dividing by 10's. Wouldn't it be nice to have a metric clock..

I just went through the whole process of buying a new truck

We went and drove them all (the whole family 4 of us) there were pro's and cons with all the trucks

my brother has an ecodesil and aside for a few fuel delivery problems at first he really likes it and loves the 8spd tranny

I find my F150 to be much larger inside and very similar in power to the Hemi

but that's just my 2 cents

Dan

you dont say???!!!! :tease::tease:

i was asking about imperial vs US gallons...see how stupid that system is...not only do 128 ounces make a gallon...we have two types of gallons? whatever idiot came up with this garbage needs to be shot.

That's just the tip of the iceberg now we get into fractions when measuring .... so add 1 3/4 and 1 15/16 th of an inch and divide by two for center point. If metric did not sound so dramatic thematically we might have switch to it but the people Down South here do not want to say it is 0 degrees in any measurement style. I use the metric system for measurements but fahrenheit and mpg still are better understood down here.

Not that it seems to be a consideration but I picked up a 2017 TITAN, non diesel non XD, about a month back. Would've also gone with a Tundra had the dealership had any interest in selling me one. My MPG is horrible compared to the numbers I'm seeing posted here, I'm averaging 17.2 litres per 100 km over the first 3000km on the odometer. Mostly city, some highway and some towing. Hope to see an improvement as the engine breaks in maybe. Otherwise seems decent. Big and reasonably powerful although somehow preferred the throttle response on my old tundra. Haven't managed to run against a hemi yet, imagine it would be pretty comparable off the line. I think I would've been just as happy with a full size 4x4 from any of the other manufacturers though.

Not that it seems to be a consideration but I picked up a 2017 TITAN, non diesel non XD, about a month back. Would've also gone with a Tundra had the dealership had any interest in selling me one. My MPG is horrible compared to the numbers I'm seeing posted here, I'm averaging 17.2 litres per 100 km over the first 3000km on the odometer. Mostly city, some highway and some towing. Hope to see an improvement as the engine breaks in maybe. Otherwise seems decent. Big and reasonably powerful although somehow preferred the throttle response on my old tundra. Haven't managed to run against a hemi yet, imagine it would be pretty comparable off the line. I think I would've been just as happy with a full size 4x4 from any of the other manufacturers though.

Hopefully it improves. Don't see many Nissan's around here, but that too is a nice looking truck!

For me, big difference is almost no city/town driving. Im 2 blocks from the highway in a small town.

I might get better fuel economy is than some, but caveat is gas here is usually alot more. It's around 116 right now.

a lot of this has to do with variable valve timing and the 8 speed transmissions they are throwing in rams.

The eco diesel 8 speed just gets ridiculous mileage. it gets a quarter better mileage than my 2.0 litre in line 4 banger protege! that car was stripped down like crazy too weighed around 2,000lbs!

Sorry to say the Titan is a gas sucking pig. Fun to drive and well built but the mileage has been an issue in my 2005 and my buddies 2012. Keep your foot out of it and it will shift for economy after it realises you are not an aggressive driver. Keep on top of recalls and they stick to there warranty schedule way tighter than Ford does. I had a rear seal blow at 36,800 and they denied the claim. Even though they had a bulletin on it.

Art