2014 Dodge Thoughts

Loonietoon

Kelvin honestly based on my buddies 14' Ran 1500 4x4 Hemi he bought new I wouldn't buy a new Dodge truck. He has had nothing but silly problems with it and it is at the dealership constantly it seems, mostly electronic issues. And 1 big problem. A rear wheel fell off going 100KPH down Hwy 3. Lucky no one was hurt or worse. They won't take responsibility for the damages. Each chrome wheel nut is something crazy like 30 bucks each and a single rim is 600 bucks, and it's chrome clad not solid alloy, wowza.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

With the electronics again... My work truck has Sirius, sometimes the display freezes and I can no longer control anything but the volume, then it resets after and it's a crap shoot whether or not it works at that point lol

Just wanting to know if any one knows of any issues l should know about...

other tan ex studs breaking and 8.4 inch radio issues nothing really odd headlight wiring parksense harness in rear bumper gets corroded and regular wear tear items our issues are air suspension pumps and Eco diesel reliability

I have a Jeep with the 8spd and 8.4 screen. Both have been excellent and no issues. Just ensure latest software is up to date you should be just fine. Ram would likely be my pick if I was looking for a truck. Great powertrain and the u connect system I liked better than some other brands' technology. Also no issues with air suspension or ecodiesel here.

Edited by Spooled

i have a 2013 dodge i bought in 2014 and i love it . has the hemi, 4x4 and it is just what you need when it snows up here. had a 2006 and traded it for the 13, the new truck i have has the full sized rear seats and the old one was just a straight cab. if you get the dodge you won't be sorry.

2014 aint that new.LOL

What I have heard and read, they program to the way you drive. When I got mine new off the lot, It was a little ragged. Jerky. Then I had it updated and it,s been smooth.

ITs a "learning" tranny I'm told as MF says. Mines still jerky in my ecodiesel when it's cold or in the am the first shift or two, then it seems fine.

The thesaurus is quite helpful...

Dodge:

avoid

duck

elude

evade

flee

give the slip

hold off

keep clear

lay low

obviate

run for cover

shake

shake off

shirk

shrink from

shuffle off

shun

sidestep

skip

skip out on

skip town

skirt

stay away

stay out

steer clear of

step aside

turn aside

ward off

Hehe

I have a 2012 Ram 1500, crew cab, hemi, SLT model. It has been an awesome truck. Great power when you need it, gets 28 mpg on long trips that mix town and country. Fuel economy really shines on the 401 where the RPMs seem to find their sweet spot. (And you're not spending too much time in the right lane.) The ride can't be beat. I was always a GMC guy. Now I would likely consider the Ford number 2. It has a flat floor and an amazing amount of room in the back of a crew cab.

The thesaurus is quite helpful...

Dodge:

avoid

duck

elude

evade

flee

give the slip

hold off

keep clear

lay low

obviate

run for cover

shake

shake off

shirk

shrink from

shuffle off

shun

sidestep

skip

skip out on

skip town

skirt

stay away

stay out

steer clear of

step aside

turn aside

ward off

Hehe

:dunno:Explain pls :rolleyes::worthy:

Also look for online specials Kelvin

Terry gave me the heads up on mine. Brand new $18 K out the door.

Also right now is inventory clearance time. Deals to be had.

How the heck did you manage a price like that???thats insane!!

How the heck did you manage a price like that???thats insane!!

No

I'm connected

Lol.

LOL

The quick story

They had 2 trucks, both single cab ,short box. One white, one black. White was an 8cyl,black was the 6 cyl. Even though I wanted a truck, I still wanted something easy on fuel. Black was $21,000. White was $17,999. So I start chatting and ask why more for less? Meaning, less for the 8 then the 6. They said supply and demand, yet they are saying inventory clearance. So I say, black for the price of the white, this amount for my Avenger as the trade in. The reply was, will you be taking it before sept 1st. Ah ya. Then Im thinking, thats was a weird question. Find out that was the dead line for their , win the dealership award for selling the most cars and trucks. Leverage to me. So I say now, Black truck plus a hard top cover and we have a deal. HMMMMMM OK. So black truck,cover out the door,$18,000.Still owed on the avenger,so it all balanced out in the end.

Bought it in Mississauga. Ontario Crysler. Barrie was out to lunch on their prices. I couldnt by a used truck for that price here.

Edited by Misfish