2014 Dodge Thoughts

Loonietoon

im driving a 2016 eco diesel and i friggin love it so far...better looking than the ford, drives better than the ford and gets stupid mileage.

Ya if i could afford a GMC id buy one...but who has 100k for a truck?

That's basically Toyota lol. I paid 42 I think for my Chevy? Somewhere around that anyhow

Cheapest I could find a decent package tundra was around 60

One of the problems with Toyota is their lousy fuel consumption, I'm using less than half of that and even towing boat, cargo trailer or 22 foot travel trailer I'm doing better than their lowest usage.

What do you get mileage wise? I got around 15mpg in a tundra

With work trailers it was around 12mpg

Edited by manitoubass2

jesus that is ridiculously bad

i get 30 lol! or 25 US whatever you use...the truck reads in Litres per 100...i average about 9.2

Edited by AKRISONER

You call that bad but average much less?

I get 25mpg in our Silverado. Not too bad for a much better truck than an eco deisel 1500 dodge

And for Toyota that's city driving. I think it's around 16-17 highway. It's def. A work truck

I'd still get one based on the fact it's not ever likely to break down with heavy, work related driving

Edited by manitoubass2

You call that bad but average much less?

I get 25mpg in our Silverado. Not too bad for a much better truck than an eco deisel 1500 dodge

And for Toyota that's city driving. I think it's around 16-17 highway. It's def. A work truck

I'd still get one based on the fact it's not ever likely to break down with heavy, work related driving

You've already got the best truck, quit while you're ahead!

I haven't owned a Dodge since 2001 and it had the worst drivetrain of the big 5. I hope they have improved. I rechecked into Dodge Ram promaster in 2015 as well as Chevy, Nissan and Ford. The Dodge Ram was using a front wheel drive and a new motor from Fiat. The sheet metal work and fit and finish was substandard compared to the other 3 but it was on par with the price they cost. I test drove it and at 65 mph the sides flexed and made noise as well as the wind noise made it unpleasant to drive. The Nissan had a sold build but the fuel mileage was horrible. That said a fellow tradesman ran his for 150,000miles with only maintenance and a rear axle replacement. I decided on the Ford full size 250 Transit with a ecoboost gas engine. At 45000 miles it has had no repairs only maintenance and averages 14.7 per 100 kilometers combined with a full load of tools and material. The difference between them price wise was around 10,000.oo dollars that I am glad I spent because of the way it was built and the way Ford supports it. This is the second eco boost that I have 2012 f150 is doing well and so far I am still pleased with it. Not trying to talk you into a Ford just giving you feed back from another brand that is out there.

Art

I've kept a log book from day one. For a total of just over 25,000km the total average is 9.7l/km (30mpg) Worst in winter was 11.8l/100km(24 mpg) towing cargo trailer with atv and fishing gear. Best is 7.3l/100km (38.6 mpg). If I go on a longer highway trip, I can get that down to 7.1 holding at around 110km/h.

I've kept a log book from day one. For a total of just over 25,000km the total average is 9.7l/km (30mpg) Worst in winter was 11.8l/100km(24 mpg) towing cargo trailer with atv and fishing gear. Best is 7.3l/100km (38.6 mpg). If I go on a longer highway trip, I can get that down to 7.1 holding at around 110km/h.

Shut up! Im happy with my Silverado but WILL ONE DAY OWN A TUNDRA

im sorry but seriously, how in the heck can you guys claim to be getting an average 8.x litres or even 7.something litres per 100 in a v8 half ton...i call Bull

you may be hitting those for a second? but lets talk long term averages mixing city and highway.

Something doesn't add up here? You cant even get 7L/100 in a friggin naturally aspirated 4 banger sedan..you think you can pull that off in a truck?

you can make all the claims about efficiency you want but science is science and something is fishy lol

For the sake of the fact that we are indeed canadian, can we agree to speak in Litres per 100k. the metric system is nice like that. Not to mention, are we talking US gallons or imperial...like forget that garbage...lets talk in a language that actually makes sense...AKA canadian english.

Edited by AKRISONER

im sorry but seriously, how in the heck can you guys claim to be getting an average 8.x litres or even 7.something litres per 100 in a v8 half ton...i call Bull

Something doesn't add up here? You cant even get 7L/100 in a friggin naturally aspirated 4 banger sedan..you think you can pull that off in a truck?

you can make all the claims about efficiency you want but science is science and something is fishy lol

For the sake of the fact that we are indeed canadian, can we agree to speak in Litres per 100k. the metric system is nice like that. Not to mention, are we talking US gallons or imperial...like forget that garbage...lets talk in a language that actually makes sense...AKA canadian english.

Believe what you want or not, I've used just over 2400 litres of fuel for over 25000km and the tank is full so you may as well add another 12-1300km and figure it out. I've got it logged in a book and no cheating. I don't go by the truck calculator (lie-o-meter)

fisherman has the eco diesel right? i would believe sub 9l/100km numbers on that truck

i'm calling Bull on whoever has the v8 silverado and getting 25 us mpg tho!!

the full sizes are a bit big for us but i am thinking about the baby duramax 2.8l diesel colorado/canyon twins.

Edited by Raf

I have a pretty heavy right foot and my driving is mixed stop and go on the way to work, and then highway miles to go fishing on the weekend.

My "lie-o-meter" (trip odometer B ) shows a 56,722 km average of 15.5 L/100km. I don't care too much if that's better or worse than another truck as I love my Chevy and it's a truck not a Corolla.

Edited by Dutch01

fisherman has the eco diesel right? i would believe sub 9l/100km numbers on that truck

i'm calling Bull on whoever has the v8 silverado and getting 25 us mpg tho!!

the full sizes are a bit big for us but i am thinking about the baby duramax 2.8l diesel colorado/canyon twins.

Yes and a number of others that have them are right about there too. Maybe do a check on duramax problems before you jump. As far as I know, RAM is now selling the EcoDiesels again.

LOL

I have shown and proven and even did the top back up the tank thing like Bill M told me to try to confirm the computer read out. Pretty well bang on in my truck. BEST TO DATE IS 7.2 PER 100. My average on my fishing excurtions hit between, 7.4-8.1. Depends on the hwy speeds. I dont have a heavy foot. No need for one. Im an early bird. Im on the water when most are deciding what they want for breakfast. LOL

Edited by Misfish

ahhhh fisherman, youve got the eco diesel just like me...now i understand. I thought you guys were all saying you were getting that mileage on V8 half tons...which would be a lie...i believe you 100%

When i was driving down to alabama we were getting 8.2 going 110 as well.

25mpg in a tundra is total lieesss

Eco diesel team representing those low mileage ratings! been loving the fact that diesel has been 10cents per litre cheaper around where i live too! ha ha!

Edited by AKRISONER