Turns out it,s AUTO inflate

misfish

The last 4 years, I have always thought my mustang vest was manual inflate,as there was a rip cord that said, PULL.

Well this morning I found out different. I had lifted the toon to move it around, and the vest fell off the seat, into the water. Next thing I know,it,s blowing up. LOL

I thought maybe the rip cord caught on something and pulled out. Once I read the replacement read on the jacket, it said AUTO INFLATE VEST.

So it seems I need a new cartridge. I do not know where to buy them, or is there an easy way to remove the clip on them and just get a co 2 pellet gun cartridge to make it work.

Also the nob thingy that unscrews on the unit, is that a sensitivity thing? The vest just touch the water with it,s own weight and activated.

The positive of this whole thing is, I now know if I happen to slip into the water, it will activate and keep me afloat.

Thanks for any help .

Off to you tube to see what I can find out.

Edited by Misfish

Yep! Let Brian go first...!

Seriously Buddy - I learn more from your, ummmm...aha! ya! "Life Experiences" ya - those are the words I was looking for, really! It's true! No way was I being a smart gluteus maximus, nope not me! Valuable stuff - that's what we get from you, fer shure!

That the humourous presentations side of your discoveries is purely coincidental is what any reasonable analysis would surely demonstrate, along with your obvious intent to illustrate an important lesson while keeping the student's attention focused with levity.

Ain't NO way it could be anything else, nope no way!

Can't wait for your next trick, I mean, next lesson!

Michael

so you had a vest that blew up

did you see 72 virgns

never mind

i found it funny

lol

You just gave me a heart attack! Thank you. You magnificent man!

Edited by HTHM

Just read another article about a boating accident where an auto-inflate did not work. I think they're great for wearing while fishing as a "just in case" safety device but don't trust them while under power and up on plane. Be safe and wear a foam jacket while buzzing around the lake gents!

While I found one. Looking around on line for the hell of it. Terry found them at CTC Clearance. So Barrie south says one in stock. I go and there is none. It said in stock at 7pm I was there 7:10 pm. No way it was gone by then. So I ask if they can get more. Their reply, that was the last one a year ago. WHAT Im pissed now. Why advertise in stock when not. They look and Aliston local has 2. I call. Yes sir we have 2. Can you please hold til I get there around 4 pm today. Yes sir. Just give me your name. Awesome.

Arrive. Give lady my name, tell her what I am picking up. Nothing there waiting. I sense an angry mini me coming. One lady over hears what I am looking for. She was the one I talked too. Here you go sir. Oh look, they had 2. I complete, 1 missing the bobbin. So I leave with one unit for 20 bucks. Still a great deal.

I am now back in the green. :Gonefishing::D

DSCF3735.JPG

I also got a surprise this morning from a co-worker. Went outside at break time and found a brand new PFD on the back of my truck. He said he didn't need it, and didn't want me to miss a days fishing. LOL The other awesome thing he said was, it matches your toon. Blue. LOL

Edited by Misfish

i always thought these kits cost closer to $100? That makes me feel a lot better about the prospect of accidently dropping mine or falling in the lake!

I nearly slipped off the dock in 3 feet of water a couple weeks ago wearing mine and was thinking holy crap that would have been expensive. 29 bucks aint so bad.

i always thought these kits cost closer to $100? That makes me feel a lot better about the prospect of accidently dropping mine or falling in the lake!

I nearly slipped off the dock in 3 feet of water a couple weeks ago wearing mine and was thinking holy crap that would have been expensive. 29 bucks aint so bad.

Actually you should "waste" the money and go in purposely so you learn how to get back in your boat with it on and inflated. I take a dip in my float suit every summer just for that reason.

• 3 weeks later...

Not all are created equally, I'm in the same situation as you. Just got back from Canadian tire with my re-arm kit. It appears they are not compatible. BPS jacket, Stearns/Coleman re-arming kit. Looks the same, feels the same, different clip. I'm not going to trust my safety on the water to that. Don't know how to post a pic anymore on here, but basically the back of the jacket tells you what type of re-arming kit you need