AWESOME MORNING IN THE MANGROVES!

limeyangler

Hi all,

here is another instalment of my vacation fishing adventures. This time I'm wading the mangroves hammering snook. The Berkely Ripple Shads in pearl/pink were killer again this year and I went through 3 packets in a week. Does not help that the small barracuda had an annoying habit of just biting the paddle tails off rendering the bait pretty much useless!

anyway.....enjoy!

Nice!!!

Great little spot. Stacked with snook.

Looks like hella fun. :)

Been fishing that spot for years, never had them stack up like that before.

Living the life, Eh????. Nice report. I'm just a little green with envy at this point.

LOL...not to worry Bruce, I'm back freezing my cojones off with the rest of you now.

Beauty location, beauty weather and some beauty fish! Got me jealous, and regretting not going back down to Honduras this winter...

Honduras and Costa Rica are on my bucket list!

Snook looks fun...thanks for sharing! :clapping:

My pleasure!

Wormdunker, they have the body of Pic and a mouth of a largemouth and fight like a Musky. I miss catching, I mean fishing for them in Fla. We would use live shrimp jigging them around the pier walls at dark.

Limey, your videos are getting better all the time. I'm sure I don't have to warn you not to step on a Ray. Good stuff my man, good stuff. I live vicariously through Bunk and yourself this winter Simon . I didn't even wet a line when I was down south over the holidays. Don't ask me. It was an urban vacation.

I almost went to Antigua this year, but ended up in Grenada and didn't bring a fishing rod. Had a chance to go out with some guys but decided against it because I usually don't have any luck. They came back with 4 wahoo and 3 barracuda. The wahoo were all over 25 pounds. I got to eat some of it and it was amazing. I won't miss out again.

Thanks for sharing his Simon, I will want to pick your brain if I go to Antigua next year.

That was great Simon. Snook are a tonne a fun and feisty buggers too. Betchya wish that tide stayed in all day long.

Yup really feisty! Interesting you mention tides, I should pay more attention to that when ocean fishing. When I lived in England and fished the ocean that was the main thing I would plan my trips around, second only to the wind. Thanks for the reminder, i will incorporate that into my equations next year!

Nice video Simon. I could learn to enjoy Snook fishing. Thanks for sharing

They are a ton of fun for sure, super cool to 'sight' fish them too....when you see one excelerate to smash your bait it gets your heart pumping!

Great video Simon !

looks like another amazing spot .....

Secret spot #1!

Nice video! Thanx. They look like a walleye except they have a round mouth.

You too eh? I think that too, they even have the razor gill plate!

Now that's fishing! I could really handle some of that right about now! Thanks for sharing and fantastic gopro filming as well.

Thanks man, just a head strap mount on the go pro and off you go....lol!

That was very cool Simon, thanks!

no problemo Geoff, more to come from this trip, swimming with the stingrays was awesome too....video coming soon.

Wormdunker, they have the body of Pic and a mouth of a largemouth and fight like a Musky. I miss catching, I mean fishing for them in Fla. We would use live shrimp jigging them around the pier walls at dark.

Limey, your videos are getting better all the time. I'm sure I don't have to warn you not to step on a Ray. Good stuff my man, good stuff. I live vicariously through Bunk and yourself this winter Simon . I didn't even wet a line when I was down south over the holidays. Don't ask me. It was an urban vacation.

I never did get to fish them at night this year, heard people use lights to attract bait. We swam with Rays this year, very cool experience and video is on the editing room table, learnt some cool stuff about them too.

Awesome job Simon! Next time we fly down to Jamaica, I'm packing a rod, lol.

GIOTTA BE DONE BRUVVER!

More great stuff Simon! thanks again for the report!

HH

No problemo HH....more to come!

I almost went to Antigua this year, but ended up in Grenada and didn't bring a fishing rod. Had a chance to go out with some guys but decided against it because I usually don't have any luck. They came back with 4 wahoo and 3 barracuda. The wahoo were all over 25 pounds. I got to eat some of it and it was amazing. I won't miss out again.

Thanks for sharing his Simon, I will want to pick your brain if I go to Antigua next year.

WOW, my dad is from Grenada and we visited there many times. Here is a picture of me (holding up the fish) when we were staying at Grand Anse in about 1979. Probably would not recognize the place now.

1469873_10152040839215977_168308947_n.jp

Shoot me a PM anytime for Antigua!

Simon.

We stayed right next door at the Rex between Grand Anse and the newer Airport. Nice fish!!!!

the Rex was not their the last time we went, hell....the airport was still on the drawing board. Part of the whole reagan thing was because of the international airport. Loads of Cuban workers started coming to the island, Reagan was convinced it was the start of a communist infiltration.