2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Yup, that's about as close as you can get to what happened to the leafs, only the Leafs lead was lost over a spread of the Las period... Not 3 minutes haha

if he is talking about the 2013 Boston series, they blew it in 3 minutes :wallbash:

What was Lucic complaining about in the post game interview? I just saw a blurp on Faceyspace.

I didn't see Lucic's interview but it was most likely the no call on a Ducks goal during the meltdown. Kessler was tugging on Talbots pad in the scrum. Frankly, with some of the goals that have been called back for goalie interference I'm really surprised the Oilers didn't get the call. There was even a video review.

I'd much rather listen to Cole getting all the names wrong then the feed from NBC. Albert and McGuire? Good god it makes my ears bleed!!!!!!!!!

Im with bill.

Also, this "classy" thing came up a few weeks ago when my mom heard about the suicide dood from the NFL. She started trashing professional athletes hard lol. Overpaid idiots is what she called them. I kinda took offense since our kids all play sports and are all doing really well. My oldest plays rep team and is basically a shoe in for the muskies that win NORWASA frequently. He also just got his second regionals gold in basketball.

Anyhow, I started telling and showing her stories from around NHL players and even juniors. Needless to say she was pretty shocked.

I mean yeah, they get paid alot to play a game. But if your not a big charity guy in the NHL or juniors, good luck with your team mates and peers. Nobody wants to be "that guy". They almost all do amazing work inside and outside of hockey. I'll say the same for the CFL these days.

NHL is just world class. Even the dood you "hate" on the ice, is more than likely doing amazing things for people in need

subban anyone? and didnt cujo literally pay for an entire cancer ward at sick kids as well?

hell...phil kessel on his day with the cup came back to toronto sick kids and chose to spend the day with the stanley cup at the hospital!

Edited by AKRISONER

NHL is just world class. Even the dood you "hate" on the ice, is more than likely doing amazing things for people in need

Even good old Matthew Barnaby is a class act off the ice and I hated him, till I met him. I said please don't give me that $%^& eating grin you gave in fights or I'll have to pop you in the chin then turtle on the ground like a scarred little school girl. He gave the grin and said "go for it, naw lets go for a beer instead" and we did.

Even good old Matthew Barnaby is a class act off the ice and I hated him, till I met him. I said please don't give me that $%^& eating grin you gave in fights or I'll have to pop you in the chin then turtle on the ground like a scarred little school girl. He gave the grin and said "go for it, naw lets go for a beer instead" and we did.

Awesome story.

Awesome!

Awesome man! I remember meeting Grapes and Walter Gretzky as a kid while playing minor hockey in St.Catharines. They stuck around until every kid had an autograph. Lots of smiling kids that day for sure!