2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Ughhh, it's the same as always. Even though our d is 100 fold better than years prior, we need 2 more solid d men, bad.

I hope they take this off season serious with training, especially marner Mathews and nylander. If they come back stronger it's going to be scary what potential these kids can reach.

The future sure looks bright IMO.

Took the caps to ot in 5 of 6, that's all we really could have asked for aside from experience.

Pittsburgh woulda crushed the leafs, so im glad we went out on somewhat of a positive

Washington laid an egg! Presidents trophy winners and they choked in the first round like they always do. You will see that Pittsburgh will manhandle the Caps. No contest and that's how you should gauge the performance of the laffs!!

GO SENS GO

:w00t::w00t:

Washington laid an egg! Presidents trophy winners and they choked in the first round like they always do. You will see that Pittsburgh will manhandle the Caps. No contest and that's how you should gauge the performance of the laffs!!

GO SENS GO

:w00t::w00t:

Yeah....... except that is the complete opposite of what happened.

I think the Pens will still win because Crosby seems to be Ovetchkin's kryptonite but the Leafs stepped up their game 200%.

Ottawa had better hope Lundquvist gets cold real quick or 0 could be their new favourite number.

Rangers are a lot bigger team than the Bruins are, so the Sens will have their hands full.

The Leafs being one of the youngest teams in the league scared the heck out of the Caps. The Leafs had a great year and got me excited about watching them again, rather than going through the motion of being a diehard.

I still shake my head at Gardiner though, tons of talent, but can be frustrating to watch at times.

Yeah....... except that is the complete opposite of what happened.

I think the Pens will still win because Crosby seems to be Ovetchkin's kryptonite but the Leafs stepped up their game 200%.

Ottawa had better hope Lundquvist gets cold real quick or 0 could be their new favourite number.

Ottawa beat Boston in the season series and eliminated them.

Ottawa beat the Rangers in the season series and will eliminate them.

Pittsburgh will make leafmash out of Washington and then beat Ottawa 4-2 in the series for conference champs.

Pittsburg will then beat Anaheim in the finals.

Ottawa beat Boston in the season series and eliminated them.

Ottawa beat the Rangers in the season series and will eliminate them.

Pittsburgh will make leafmash out of Washington and then beat Ottawa 4-2 in the series for conference champs.

Pittsburg will then beat Anaheim in the finals.

Quoting for the record... ;)

Rangers are a lot bigger team than the Bruins are, so the Sens will have their hands full.

The Leafs being one of the youngest teams in the league scared the heck out of the Caps. The Leafs had a great year and got me excited about watching them again, rather than going through the motion of being a diehard.

I still shake my head at Gardiner though, tons of talent, but can be frustrating to watch at times.

The laffs did way better than anyone could have predicted. Can't argue with that. I agree that 2 top 4 defence additions will make the world of difference.

Problem is getting them without losing the young guys you have now. No one gives away top 4 D.

The kids were playing with freshman Adrenalin, next year won't be so flashy!!

:whistling:

The laffs did way better than anyone could have predicted. Can't argue with that. I agree that 2 top 4 defence additions will make the world of difference.

Problem is getting them without losing the young guys you have now. No one gives away top 4 D.

The kids were playing with freshman Adrenalin, next year won't be so flashy!!

:whistling:

Its hard to argue either of those points. I think a players second season is the hardest in the NHL because other teams have had a year to study them and are no longer surprised by what they can do. Hopefully not all 3 of Matthews, Marner and Nylander have the sophomore slump.

I'll be happy if the Leafs make a similar run next year that they did to this year. Then year 3 will be with the fireworks start.

Ottawa may have beat the Rangers in the season series, but Lundquvist had probably his worst regular season on record. He has really turned it on in the playoffs. This round for Ottawa, winning is not a chicken I would count.

In the West, call me a homer. I really like Edmonton and would love to see McDavid take the torch by force from Crosby in the finals.

I'm rooting for the caps now, simple answer is I'd much rather see Ovi get a cup than Anaheim or Pittsburgh again.

That and even if Kessel lights it up like he did last year they still won't give him the Conn Smythe

I'm rooting for the caps now, simple answer is I'd much rather see Ovi get a cup than Anaheim or Pittsburgh again.

That and even if Kessel lights it up like he did last year they still won't give him the Conn Smythe

I'd rather the oilers win, but yeah, im rooting for the caps in the east. I hate Pitts and I hate NY.

Ovie needs a cup or he's never gonna get the credit he deserves. That and his play is already falling dramatically stat wise. It's soon or never

I'd rather the oilers win, but yeah, im rooting for the caps in the east. I hate Pitts and I hate NY.

Ovie needs a cup or he's never gonna get the credit he deserves. That and his play is already falling dramatically stat wise. It's soon or never

I agree 100%, not many have worked harder or shown the passion the way Ovie does. He would be my fan favorite but not necessarily who I think will win!

wash will never win the cup with ovi

you need a complete player as your leader to win it all. the cup is perhaps the hardest trophy to win in professional sports it literally takes a perfect make up in order to win it.

Ovi will win a cup in his last year of hockey playing for some bogus team like the columbus blue jackets or the minnesota wild.

my round 1 predictions were decent except for the ottawa series i picked bruins in 7. aside from that I was pretty darn good.

I agree, they'll never win with ovie, but I'd love to see it.

Fact is they just aren't built for playoff hockey. People will see when Pitts, at team built for the playoffs, destroy them.

I hope the oilers can channel something special and mcdavid cements his legacy early

While it's true ovi is not a complete player, I don't think that detracts from what he brings as a player. He's made huge strides as soon as Barry trotz came in as HC, massive change in his accountability, his 200' game still needs work but I don't see him roaming 95% of the time as he used to

I also don't think one guy can cause a team to not win just because he's on it, with the addition of shattenkirk, eller, and the depth and experience they have, especially considering they're the president's trophy winners 2 years running, in a year where ovi only netted 33 that speaks to a balanced team, especially when you have holtby in your net

Edited by Lucas F

I think losing Roman Polak was a big factor in the Leafs losing, the guy weighs 235lbs and clears the front of the net really good. Babcock was relying on him to be the guy to kill penalties and play the last 2 minutes of the game.

going to be interesting who the Leafs lose in the expansion draft.

I think losing Roman Polak was a big factor in the Leafs losing, the guy weighs 235lbs and clears the front of the net really good. Babcock was relying on him to be the guy to kill penalties and play the last 2 minutes of the game.

going to be interesting who the Leafs lose in the expansion draft.

lol martin marincin

my first round picks i did ok

Wsh in 5 = wsh in 6

NY in 7 = NY in 6

Bos in 6 = Ott in 6

Pburg in 5 = Pburg in 5

edm in 7 = edm in 6

Nsh in 7 = Nsh in 4

Wild in 7 = St louis in 5

Anh in 5 = anh in 4

This round ive got

Preds in 6