2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Now saying that, it's not like they couldn't go deep, look at Ottawa. But I'm not interested in seeing the Leafs become a one-hit wonder in the league. I hope they take their time and continue the rebuild without sacrificing common sense for an expedited run at the cup. Having the Exec team they have makes that a small worry.

1 minute ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I don't follow the NHL since they went to a 44 team league. All I have to is read this thread for info and even better comic relief. You guys can be brutal with one another. Fun to read though, thanks all.

"Brutal" is the one thing Leafs and Sens fans know! lol

I know lots of guys like the Marleau acquisition, not me, I'd rather see a young guy with some edge (I don't know if he exists in our farm clubs) take his spot, get some nhl experience and maybe make an impact and do some damage. And for christs sakes, if the game goes to a shoot out, don't send Marleau.

Edited by chris.brock

23 hours ago, muskymatt said:

I don't see this happening. And I don't even want to think about it. I personally would never watch another game or support the NHL ever again!

Sad!

I don't see it not happening.

Apparently, Senators fans are revolting.  Personally, I have found them to be revolting for years now.  I guess others are starting to agree...

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/senators-fans-revolt-melnykout-continues-trend-canada-003407904.html

Blah, blah blah! Yeah the league would be a much better league without Canadian teams. Calgary, Ottawa, Vancouver, Edmonton all have had the same talk at one point or another. Winnipeg is on round 2.

Quebec gone, 

What the league needs to do is have more parity between the US and Canadian market or this revolving door of teams in Canada will continue.

The laffs are safe because their fan base is clueless enough to support a team for over 50 years without any success.

But, that said, it is not necessarily a bad thing! 

15 hours ago, dave524 said:

Any truth to the rumour that Bozak may be traded to Pittsburgh and join his old room mate, best buddy Kessel ? and what would the Buds get in return?

I could believe it because P burgh could use a little help down the middle to centre the kessel line...but who the heck do you get in return?

I think youd have to be smoking crack to think that theyd give up Maatta for bozak

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:27 PM, grimsbylander said:

Now saying that, it's not like they couldn't go deep, look at Ottawa. But I'm not interested in seeing the Leafs become a one-hit wonder in the league. I hope they take their time and continue the rebuild without sacrificing common sense for an expedited run at the cup. Having the Exec team they have makes that a small worry.

I'm with you on that.

13 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

I could believe it because P burgh could use a little help down the middle to centre the kessel line...but who the heck do you get in return?

I think youd have to be smoking crack to think that theyd give up Maatta for bozak

Here's hoping they send them crack. But yeah, can't see that happening.

18 hours ago, muskymatt said:

The laffs are safe because their fan base is clueless enough to support a team for over 50 years without any success.

But, that said, it is not necessarily a bad thing! 

The Sens should take a page from the Leaf's fan handbook and support their team through thick and thin. Maybe then their owner wouldn't get fed up with their half-azzed support of the team and consider sticking around. There's no way with that fan base Melnyk is writing the cheque that Karlsson wants and he  knows it'll only get worse once he's gone. It's a lose - lose in Ottawa; ..they're history, guaranteed. And truthfully, I see you as a "diehard" fan and you bailed on the Leafs and have already commented on bailing completely on the NHL....kinda speaks for the fickle fans in Ottawa. I'd hate to see Canada with one less team so here's hoping Quebec City but, I'd rather the team go somewhere where it can survive then stay in Ottawa and have to get subsidized by it's owner or be the runt of the Canadian litter.

Go Leafs FREAKING Go!!!

34 minutes ago, JohnBacon said:

Even if it takes them over twenty minutes to get to the rink?   ;)

Good point...that is a hike! 

I just checked Vivid Seats for Ottawa tickets. Tomorrow night Minnesota is in town and the tickets run from $16 to $110. Not bad! On Jan 20 the Leafs are in Ottawa...tickets are $142 to $501! The Leaf fans will drive 5 hours AND pay 5 times the going rate in Ottawa to watch their team play. Bet it's a "no tarps night"!!!!! :rofl2:  Even when teams like Boston or Chicago are in Ottawa tickets start at under $30! 

8 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Good point...that is a hike! 

I just checked Vivid Seats for Ottawa tickets. Tomorrow night Minnesota is in town and the tickets run from $16 to $110. Not bad! On Jan 20 the Leafs are in Ottawa...tickets are $142 to $501! The Leaf fans will drive 5 hours AND pay 5 times the going rate in Ottawa to watch their team play. Bet it's a "no tarps night"!!!!! :rofl2:  Even when teams like Boston or Chicago are in Ottawa tickets start at under $30! 

I got 3rd row on the circle in the Sens end in Tampa for $13!!!!  ^_^