2019-2020 Hockey Thread

1 hour ago, BillM said:

Now that's the kind of D men I'd like on the blue line.  but he isn't going to be cheap, lol.    

hed cost on of the big three for sure...and obviously matthews is not in that equation. 

I could even see it being marner or nylander + kapanen or someone. Then youd also have to sign him to 10+ million...not worth it IMO.

I think theres other very very good D men (Vlasic, fowler) that would come much much cheaper and are nearly just as good at D

I think the Leafs might be over achieving a little bit. Anderson has been great. I think the Oilers are underachieving and I wouldn't be surprised if they get back on track (hopefully not starting tonight) and make the playoffs and do some damage.

I'm gonna be a little tired tomorrow, so be it, I'm looking forward to this game.

42 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

I think the Leafs might be over achieving a little bit. Anderson has been great. I think the Oilers are underachieving and I wouldn't be surprised if they get back on track (hopefully not starting tonight) and make the playoffs and do some damage.

I'm gonna be a little tired tomorrow, so be it, I'm looking forward to this game.

The Leafs look like a way better team tonight.

Edmonton's defense is horrible.

Probably why we have 3 goals at the end of one period.  ;)

1 hour ago, grimsbylander said:

Leafs should try to get Russell from Edmonton. Good hard-nosed Dman, moves the puck well, great skater and can already score Leaf goals. 

Didn't we get a top rated Dman from a western club before that liked to score on his own net before ? think he's in Ottawa now

3 minutes ago, dave524 said:

Didn't we get a top rated Dman from a western club before that liked to score on his own net before ? think he's in Ottawa now

LMAO... how I never thought of that is beyond me! lol 

I checked this morning and Ottawa is L6!!!?? What the heck is going on there?? We bust on them pretty good but wow. Matt's going to jump ship again if this keeps up!

Good news...the Duchess got a point! Yup, scored his first goal in 9 games. No assists yet but I'm sure something will bounce off him soon. :thumbsup_anim:

Ottawa plays a game on a very very thin line. They basically have no top 3 forwards so they rely on a couple second liners and a pile of 4th liners to play a really really tight system. They rely on winning 2-1 games. The minute that goes slightly awry and they make a few giveways..i.e. teams figure out their system a little bit they fold like a cheap deck of cards. Dont forget that last year they scraped into the playoffs by 4 points were the only team with a negative goal differential that clinched a playoff birth in the league. meaning literally a couple of goals go the other way via luck and teams simply reading your system a bit better after playing a season and a half against you....this is the result.

The margin is so narrow in the NHL these days the difference between 5th and 28th is about 10 wins...in an 82 game season? thats nothing.

Edited by AKRISONER