2019-2020 Hockey Thread

16 minutes ago, misfish said:

That shot that hit the post Saturday night late in the third by the pens, had some power to it. Anyone else noticed how the post almost lifted off the peg? I was like holly crap, wouldn't want to get hit by that.

Heck yeah, you noticed that too?? It actually rocked the net back.

14 minutes ago, misfish said:

I heard on the weekend that the leafs were looking at him. Yes or no? Should they ?

no.  he'll be way too expensive for what he is (primarily an offensive dman).  he's not what this armchair GM says they need.   if they want to throw around the kind of money he will be asking for, they should pursue doughty.  doughty is a more complete defenseman.  karlsson like alfredson deserves to be on ottawa/seattle/quebec city.

Edited by Raf

3 hours ago, misfish said:

I heard on the weekend that the leafs were looking at him. Yes or no? Should they ?

3 hours ago, Raf said:

no.  he'll be way too expensive for what he is (primarily an offensive dman).  he's not what this armchair GM says they need.   if they want to throw around the kind of money he will be asking for, they should pursue doughty.  doughty is a more complete defenseman.  karlsson like alfredson deserves to be on ottawa/seattle/quebec city.

Polak, Lupol, & three third rounders for Karlsson.

Ottawa covers the salary difference between Karlsson & Polak so there are no cap issues.  Leafs cover Lupol's salary (no cap hit) and Ottawa's tarp account.

Polak saves Ottawa the embarrassment of Phaneuf being their best defense man after Karlsson leaves.  The third round picks can be used to draft players who will be ready to enter the NHL around the same time as their upcoming lottery picks.  This is ideal for a long rebuild.  

When visiting small market teams, Ottawa can use the tarp account to buy unsold blocks of tickets and cover the seats.  This essentially gives Ottawa home ice advantage.

12 hours ago, JohnBacon said:

Ottawa covers the salary difference between Karlsson & Polak so there are no cap issues.  Leafs cover Lupol's salary (no cap hit) and Ottawa's tarp account.

Polak saves Ottawa the embarrassment of Phaneuf being their best defense man after Karlsson leaves.  The third round picks can be used to draft players who will be ready to enter the NHL around the same time as their upcoming lottery picks.  This is ideal for a long rebuild.  

When visiting small market teams, Ottawa can use the tarp account to buy unsold blocks of tickets and cover the seats.  This essentially gives Ottawa home ice advantage.

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I have a brilliant marketing idea!! Sears Canada is going out of business...I suggest Ottawa buy up all those mannequins, slap a hat and jersey on them and voila! the arena is "sold out"!!!!  The  players can use the tarps to hide under and we can try to spot the dummies...from the mannequins!!! :rofl2::thumbsup_anim::rofl2:

My brother went to high school with Cairns. He said he was big for his age, unstable, and there was an incident where he whine slapped my brother in some confrontation but my brother was smart enough and scared enough to turn tail, hahahha.

Here's a cool video that occurred during the lockout somewhere in Europe. Belak had a broken jaw but still answered the bell for his meek European teammates.

Edited by chris.brock

11 hours ago, chris.brock said:

My brother went to high school with Cairns. He said he was big for his age, unstable, and there was an incident where he whine slapped my brother in some confrontation but my brother was smart enough and scared enough to turn tail, hahahha.

Here's a cool video that occurred during the lockout somewhere in Europe. Belak had a broken jaw but still answered the bell for his meek European teammates.

That boy has some serious issues.

On 10/12/2017 at 12:11 AM, JohnBacon said:

Are you going to need any tarps for the renovation.  If so, I'd make sure to pick them right away while they are still in stock.  They may be hard to find in the Ottawa area pretty soon.  :P

LOL

1 win in 13 games......I don't think there is a big enough tarp. But all you laffites can package up your paper bags with the eyes cut out and send them up this way. 

Pathetic!

:wacko:

1 hour ago, grimsbylander said:

Matt, I can tell you that some Leaf fans are as high as kites...the rest of us are much more grounded and know the empire could collapse without notice. Look at Ottawa, I knew they played above their heads last year but didn't expect this debacle. 

What gets me is the TSN/Sportsnet guys saying the Leafs are going for the cup this year.

I'm like. ooooooooooooooooooooo, kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sure they are.

They need some parts before they become that team.

3 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

What gets me is the TSN/Sportsnet guys saying the Leafs are going for the cup this year.

I'm like. ooooooooooooooooooooo, kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sure they are.

They need some parts before they become that team.

Then they're on crack. The leafs are no where deep enough to sustain a long cup run...unless the stars align perfectly. If Anderson goes out...the parties over, and quick. And they better remember how to score goals too.