Noisy boats

captpierre

Does anybody know if there are laws regarding noisy boats?

Saw a large speedboat at the Fenlon locks today.

Rediclously loud exhaust.

Tonight fishing a smaller speedboat flies by.

The car engine behind the driver was taller than he was sitting. Crazy loud.

I had just been stopped by OPP at 7 pm. Next to Boyd Island. All good. No issues.

Should have asked them.

Age is creeping up with you... :whistling:

That said, it is supposed to be illegal to run open transom exhaust within 5 miles of shore. Tell that to any one of the 100+ scarabs running around the Sound on Gbay... yet they complain about my airplane taking off. Even had one of them show up in my yard, but he won't ever be back after I told him exactly where he lived and how short a swim it was from my f-in-laws dock to sink his boat. :angel:

Age is creeping up with you... :whistling:

That said, it is supposed to be illegal to run open transom exhaust within 5 miles of shore. Tell that to any one of the 100+ scarabs running around the Sound on Gbay... yet they complain about my airplane taking off. Even had one of them show up in my yard, but he won't ever be back after I told him exactly where he lived and how short a swim it was from my f-in-laws dock to sink his boat. :angel:

Angler jihad???

Yeah..............uh.............no!! ;)

If there is anything sweeter sounding than a multi engine blown big block off shore racer I don't know what it is. :D

I must admit that I do love the sound of radial plane engines too. :lol:

And the sound of a full after burner CF-18 on takeoff. :whistling:

yup sometimes you hear them coming for 20 minutes before you can see them , might be a touch loud for those sleeping waterfront home owners...lol

I love watching that guy zip up the bay, when were out on the toon. I count 1 gallon a minute.LOL

Sweet music.

Sounds great, but when someone's freedom encroaches on another's? Where does my freedom start, and their's ends? Where is the "line" drawn? There is a law in place. What if someone felt that their freedom was to dump their garbage on my lawn? This isn't going to be solved here but these are some of the questions that come up and it can't just be shrugged off by a slogan.

Sounds great, but when someone's freedom encroaches on another's? Where does my freedom start, and their's ends? Where is the "line" drawn? There is a law in place. What if someone felt that their freedom was to dump their garbage on my lawn? This isn't going to be solved here but these are some of the questions that come up and it can't just be shrugged off by a slogan.

I have found once we start limiting anyone's rights it usually gets broader and broader until it consumes more than it was intended. If a little noise is made on a body of water sometimes it turns into an all electric lake when it does not warrent that.

Just thoughs.

Art

Any engine that uses 40+ gallons an hour on the water is good by me.

An I want two of them. :wub:

At least im not alone???

I enjoy the sound. I mean not constantly but you know, every here and there.

But im mental and the train that cruises by our house luls me to sleep ???

Again where does one person's freedom end, and another's start?

Does my freedom allow me to render someone's boat silent? That would be absurd. There is a line. To suggest there isn't is equally absurd. Where the line is is the difficulty. The notion of freedom relies on an awareness of someone else's equal entitlement to freedom and then respect for it.

And again, there is a law that does govern this particular question here. Maybe the law needs to be reevaluated and/or modified but that's not what is being discussed.

At least im not alone

I enjoy the sound. I mean not constantly but you know, every here and there.

But im mental and the train that cruises by our house luls me to sleep

I love the sound and the feel of them as well, but I don't have to listen to them at 6 in the morning when I'm sleeping either.

If you want peace and quiet, never buy a lakefront home because you will either have speed boats, water skiers or jet bikes once the water warms up. And don't forget the nutty neighbor cutting his grass 3 times a week and weed wacking plus the leave blowers, my god the leave blowers....once one guy starts it's non stop till it's too dark to make noise....haven't any of these nut cases ever heard of a RAKE ! ! !

And what about the motorcycles that have taken out their exhaust baffles to make their hog sound more like a noisy pig.......if your car has a hole in the muffler you get pulled over, but the police never bothers with Hell's Angles on his hog......are they afraid of them ... :dunno:

Now get off my grass..........I'm trying to take a nap........them dam kids......... LOL