Noisy boats

captpierre

My brother-in-law that has a fairly large landscape company in Halifax came out for a visit one Fall. Never having been to Ontario he asked what those people were doing cleaning up the leaves? He said the best thing for your lawn in the winter and spring is leave the leaves on the grass. Think about it, if you rake up fallen leaves in the spring there is always fresh chutes of healthy grass under those pesky leafs. I have not raked leaves for 16 years and now my neighbours are following suit.

I got him good that trip. We went to Turkey Point for lunch after golf one afternoon then. 75F during an Indian Summer. There is a guy that has a place there and he brings up a few tall mature Palm Tree from Florida every year. Dave went back to Nova Scotia and told everyone that in southern Ontario they have Palm Trees. That isn't a lie really, we do.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Have you ever notice the new people moving in never have a super hot wife that likes to sun bath topless......damn new neighbors.........LOL

Now that you mention it. :-(

People are way too anal about their lawns. Maybe the same ones with the loud boats!

I got him good that trip. We went to Turkey Point for lunch after golf one afternoon then. 75F during an Indian Summer. There is a guy that has a place there and he brings up a few tall mature Palm Tree from Florida every year. Dave went back to Nova Scotia and told everyone that in southern Ontario they have Palm Trees. That isn't a lie really, we do.

A friend of mine grows a banana tree on his place on Simcoe each year.

Where do you blow them? In the neighbors yard? Or into the bush where the wind picks up and blows them right back?

Now if it had a bag attaent and sucked leaves up I could see some use at least(for disabled folk etc)

Come on man'

Grab a freakin rake. Or just mow over it lol

As a kid we just raked them all to the center of the gravel drive, where the weeds grow between the tire ruts, lit them and out came the weenies, foil wrapped potatoes and marshmallows. :clapping:

As a kid we just raked them all to the center of the gravel drive, where the weeds grow between the tire ruts, lit them and out came the weenies, foil wrapped potatoes and marshmallows. :clapping:

See now thats acceptable in my books????

Guy down the street is weird. Mowes his lawn 3-4 times a week and complains about it being brown.

Id like to tell him why but its funner to watch him repeat this over and over.

Let your gross grow dude! It choke out most weeds, and let it get to 5 or 6" before cutting it. And its not a golf green, dont cut it so darn low???

Edited by manitoubass2

When I first saw the thread title I thought it was going to be about those old fibreglass tri hull boats. The waves slapping under the hull while fishing was sooo annoying.

On another note, we are having a poker run here this summer that those big a$$ boats will be here for. Everybody is quite excited about it as we never see them.

I'm wondering how many will hit the rock piles