Ok, please forgive me, I know I'm old but!

Big Cliff

If I understood what I heard on the radio today the provincial government paid the teachers unions something in the range of 80 million$ to help cover the costs of negotiation a contract with the provincial government? PLEASE help me understand this (and I'm not joking) if this is true, how can they get away with this and not be charged with corruption?

Am I correct in understanding that now that the Liberals are in power they are changing the way we vote so that it will make it more difficult for any other party to get into power?

Is it true that they are now changing the way political donations are made so as to limit anyone elses having the resorces to challange them?

Oh, and one other thing I heard today: Apparently Wynne is going to impose new taxes on natural gas to try to force us to go back to using hydro for heating our homes. Please tell me this is some kind of sick joke!

You are probably right Cliff. I am for campaign financing changes though. With out limitations for funding a candidate can buy his way into office i.e. Trump. The way you put it is another spin on it.

Please don't lose any sleep over all this Bull that is going on, nothing much changes party to party from Municipal to Federal, does it?

Or you can run for office, I've said it before, many times, you have my vote. And 70 isn't old, my Dad is 89 and he doesn't say he's old, never.

no i think it was about 3 million for negotiations, they made a bill to force them to negotiation with them in toronto and many people from small unions from northern ontario had to live in toronto for a long time the expenses would be far greater then any union dues would make

so they had to pay them expenses

the rest was money paid over many years for professional development..right or wrong they have always paid for this

Cliff, teachers have been in bed with the Liberal Party for years, they have to pay them back for instilling their brand of Liberalism in today's youngsters. Just ask any 5th grader what a conservative is? and they will tell you it is a racist, homophobic, redneck, gun toting, American loving bigot. :sarcasm: well sort of

Heck Brian if things keep going the way they seem to be going I won't be able to afford to go fishing any more so it'll really be NF

LOL Cliff.

I dont even watch much news anymore. DEPRESSING.

Go fishing. Forget about the worlds troubles. This is what works for me.LOL

:Gonefishing::canadian:

Every day the witch comes out with some sort of tax increase for us! yay!..... ugh.... also a 4 cent increase in the tax on gas. Won't it be great when we all have to go back to using electric baseboard for heating our homes.

Stop insulting the witches please. WinnaFred has a long way to go to get to the "witch" plateau. She will do whatever she wants because the majority that the Libels have is nothing more than entitlement to do any stupid thing she come up with. The next election these idiots CANNOT be allowed to this again. That means that everybody that has even a passing interest in the political process (ya, that's you and me) has to get involved and get these crooks out of power.

Just my 2 cents

Yawn,

Another grumpy old man political thread...you have a property on lake, boats and tons of toys...but no fishing reports?

When fishing we were to busy catching fish, talking about wives or other hotties, never politics... no one cared...go fishing, you have everything including lakefront house,perfect.

If I understood what I heard on the radio today the provincial government paid the teachers unions something in the range of 80 million$ to help cover the costs of negotiation a contract with the provincial government? PLEASE help me understand this (and I'm not joking) if this is true, how can they get away with this and not be charged with corruption?

Yes, this is true. While it is officially to cover the cost of negotiations. I believe the teachers' union did donate to the Liberal party so the optics are not good on this.

Am I correct in understanding that now that the Liberals are in power they are changing the way we vote so that it will make it more difficult for any other party to get into power?

That may be true. The federal Liberals promised to eliminate the 'most votes wins' system that we have used since Confederation. The details of the new system have not been announced. It is likely that we will end up with ranked ballots, which would favour the Liberals.

Is it true that they are now changing the way political donations are made so as to limit anyone elses having the resorces to challange them?

I am not sure about that one. The current federal system is pretty good. No corporate or union donations can be made to federal parties or candidates. There are limits on individual donations so it is difficult for rich individuals to buy candidates. Unfortunately, corporations and unions can still donate to provincial parties and candidates. If they make any changes, I hope they have the provinces adopt the current federal rules. Currently the Liberals have a big advantage at the provincial level.

Oh, and one other thing I heard today: Apparently Wynne is going to impose new taxes on natural gas to try to force us to go back to using hydro for heating our homes. Please tell me this is some kind of sick joke!

I don't think that has been finalized yet. But it is not a joke. They are considering this.

you know how you can tell its becoming a complete joke??

I literally just moved to vancouver and everything is cheaper here because the taxes are lower.

thats right...Vancouver BC is cheaper than Ontario on everything I have bought so far except for houses.

Pretty friggin pathetic.

Yawn,

Another grumpy old man political thread...you have a property on lake, boats and tons of toys...but no fishing reports?

When fishing we were to busy catching fish, talking about wives or other hotties, never politics... no one cared...go fishing, you have everything including lakefront house,perfect.

OK, you don't like my posts but you keep reading and responding to them, if you don't like them quit reading them!

I have everything? You too can have everything! All you have to do is what I did: work 6 days a week for the last 40 years, get your wife to work too, save like crazy, do without lots of fancy trips and plenty of other things and you too can own a nice waterfront property a boat and an ATV (I don't know what other "toys" you were refering to.)

What I'd really like to do is keep what I have spent my life working for (at least until my time comes) and not loose it because some stupid ass politician wants to piss everything I have done to get here up against the wall.

Oh, and as for fishing reports, last time I posted one on here I got slammed right left and center because "everyone knows where I live and so they can surmise where I am catching fish". That was the last fishing report from this grumpy old man!

This may be a fishing board but in the 16+ years I have been here I've asked lots of stupid questions, made some really dumb mistakes but I have never once regretted asking a question to try to learn something I don't understand.

Smiles!

BC

Cliff, you never answered the real question? LMAO

Good one beanzie. :lol::w00t::rofl2:

Ya, I hope some day to be as old as my buddy beans LOL. :whistling: When you get that old you can't remember what you had for breakfast never mind what was on the news last night! Now, what were we talking about?

Edited by Big Cliff