Need to fight speeding ticket. NF

captpierre

Um... Unfortunately your friend is wrong. If you are convicted of the speed your were travelling or 16kmph or higher above the speed limit then yes you would receive points. If you plead to 15kmpj over or under that speed then you receive no points. That being said, insurance companies look at convictions not points

Exactly this , he should know :angel: As well as what I mentioned earlier , insurance companies look at convictions (minor and major) not points .That 4 pointer is a major infraction that you don't want .

I used to question fighting tickets and never did it when I was younger, now they can affect my job so when I was hit with a ticket similar to the one you are talking about I decided to fight it.

Man am I ever glad I did.

Showed up to court, the crown calls my name and brings me into an office, reviews what I am there for, I agree, he says he would reduce it to "failing to obey a sign" 2 points, I said I was hoping for no points as it affects my job, he said to take what I am offered and to remember this; when your insurance company asks you if you have any speeding tickets you can still say no because you now have a ticket for failing to obey a sign.......nice guy

Into court I go, judge reads our agreement and asks me if I am good with it, I agree, pay the fine and I am done.

I could have went in there and said yes 3 times and left, I was all prepared with my long winded explanation to fight it...no need.

In and out in 20 minutes, WELL worth my time.

Fight it, they don't put up much of a fight.

Another exactly , this is what you have to do and it is so easy . You take the time to show up there the crown will always drop the ticket down to a lesser charge and yes that includes points . Now there are certain times when this won't happen and that is if you a complete idiot at roadside with the officer (cops make notes at roadside and the crown will have these notes) and i'm sure this does not pertain to you . That's why you should be very accommodating with the officer at roadside even though you want to tell him off , bite your tongue , explain yourself and take ticket to court if you get one !

Always worth negotiating or fighting a ticket, specially if it effects your insurance. because when your rates go up, they stay up for a very long time.

An insurance broker/agent is the last person I would want to voluntarily talk about my traffic tickets.

I fight my tickets through a place in newmarket called ticket experts, $250 every time regardless of the number of tickets. Out of the 5 times i have taken a ticket to him i got off clean 4 of them.

My work doesnt look too kindly on tickets these days so i have to fight them regardless, however i have saved a ton on insurance by fighting them

Back in May I had a ticket for distracted driving (was turning my GPS off at a light because I missed a turn and the thing wouldn't shut up) I politely told the officer what happened but they gave me a ticket.

I filled the paperwork for a court date and found out the police officer never filed their paperwork on the ticket so I got off. (I was lucky).

Moral of the story: you never know until you try. Just don't be a dick about it and good things might happen.

I fight my tickets through a place in newmarket called ticket experts, $250 every time regardless of the number of tickets. Out of the 5 times i have taken a ticket to him i got off clean 4 of them.

My work doesnt look too kindly on tickets these days so i have to fight them regardless, however i have saved a ton on insurance by fighting them

It doesn't seem you are learning a lesson. 5 tickets? I've had 5 tickets in 44 years of driving, 4 before 21. Man slow down, I did.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

It's because it's York region and no one gets convicted there

Always worth negotiating or fighting a ticket, specially if it effects your insurance. because when your rates go up, they stay up for a very long time.

An insurance broker/agent is the last person I would want to voluntarily talk about my traffic tickets.

I disagree.

I use an independent insurance broker.

He is working for me. 30 yrs experience.

Good advice. The insurance company isn't informed about our discussion.

It doesn't seem you are learning a lesson. 5 tickets? I've had 5 tickets in 44 years of driving, 4 before 21. Man slow down, I did.

Well i guess you wouldnt want to know about all the ones i got before i started fighting them eh? Lol.

For the record they werent all speeding tickets and i have slowed down a little, havent had a ticket in years.

I'm the guy with the ticket.

Thought I'd call X-COPPER to see what they say.

Said the City of Kawartha Lakes court (Lindsay) is small and fairly inflexible.

Will cost $300 for paralegal to plead my case.

Unless the cop messed up his notes, points will likely not be reduced.

I'm thinking the advice to suck it up and pay the ticket sounds like the right thing to do. ?

It will cost you nothing other than your time to go see a prosecutor , and see what they offer. Most courts offer early resolution, and even those that don't will offer you a deal on trial date to reduce the burden of trials on the court. It is highly unlikely that they won't accept a plea. You do not need the services of an agent to do this.

Edited by porkpie