Selling Legal Pot In L.C.B.O. Makes Alot Of Sense. Premier Says. NF

fish_fishburn

Rick, I'm not sure where the weed in Europe is from. I know my Noni from southern Italy told me that they harvested "Canaba" from the foothills to make cordage. Occasionally they would smoke the flowers to "relax". She emigrated to NYC in 1910. The only reason I know about the Heroin use was there could be found used needles in the AM and small squares of paper around the public areas in towns and cities. Plus all that sudden bursts of energy that I saw in my young cousins wasn't from the carbs in the pasta. I never smelt anything in the air. That in itself is a very poor litmus test as to preferred drugs anywhere. Kinda like saying I have never seen an Bald Eagle in Canada so that must mean there are none.

To get back to the original post I think we are a long way from selling weed to the public any time soon in ON. I won't be vertical when that happens here in Ontario. A province where our legislators treat the public like small children that can't make a decision without their approval. The selling of spirits anywhere but Gov. controlled retail outlets has been in the works for decades. Other than small country variety stores, like the one we have in the village of Selkirk, we now can get a 6 pac of beer only in grocery stores and the closest store to me is 40 miles away in Hamilton. 1 store for more than 1/2 million citizens. And I believe I heard 1/2 of that product must be local micro brewery product. Is there a limit of 1 per customer? I know a 6 pac cost per bottle is more than a 24, so to get 24 that customer that is inconvenienced is going to pay a hefty premium for that inconvenience the way I understand it. Is the cost of a 6 pac per bottle more than a 24 at Fortino's or wherever? So to go from just getting beer availablr outside of the Beer Store and selling weed to the public is a long stretch. No matter how much I think Wynne and Trudeau Lite drool at the possibility.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Are you loosing it M2B? Why not just call the Rez cops or RCMP and give them your address? I am not sure about this social media thing. I wouldn't post that Rick. Oh maybe you just copied it from another website. Man I'm naïve and show my age and lack of hipness. I know guys that drive 30 minutes to the closest phone booth to talk on the phone. There are still a few. Funny when you see a few hundred grand in cars waiting their turn for the phone.

Are you loosing it M2B? Why not just call the Rez cops or RCMP and give them your address? I am not sure about this social media thing. I wouldn't post that Rick. Oh maybe you just copied it from another website. Man I'm naïve and show my age and lack of hipness. I know guys that drive 30 minutes to the closest phone booth to talk on the phone. There are still a few. Funny when you see a few hundred grand in cars waiting their turn for the phone.

Its just a small amount of prescription marijuana.

No big deal IMO

People here post smash, moonshine etc...

Thats illegal. My photo is not

20151217_105002_zpsmqvbekc2.jpg

Its just a small amount of prescription marijuana.

No big deal IMO

People here post smash, moonshine etc...

Thats illegal. My photo is not

it's not the Sprayed poison Shwag they produce in Government controlled LP's

Edited by GbayGiant

After growing up in the 70's I think I have a fairly good memory of pot. I really enjoy the taste of a cold beer or a glass of wine. I can't say the same about smoking dope. There's no apparent reason to me to smoke dope other than to get buzzed. I don't think you can say the same about a beer. People do drink without getting loaded.

So why legalize it other than for the medical use?

To each their own but I don't see smoking dope as a fun thing unless you're trying to get buzzed.

After growing up in the 70's I think I have a fairly good memory of pot. I really enjoy the taste of a cold beer or a glass of wine. I can't say the same about smoking dope. There's no apparent reason to me to smoke dope other than to get buzzed. I don't think you can say the same about a beer. People do drink without getting loaded.

So why legalize it other than for the medical use?

To each their own but I don't see smoking dope as a fun thing unless you're trying to get buzzed.

Medical reasons. I never get "stoned" but I do smoke. Just a tiny bit relieves my anxiety

That pick i posted lasts about 6 weeks.

A stoner per say that bag would last a few days to a week

But if ya wanna get stoned off a plant, why not? It sure isnt harmful.

Just dont be an idiot and drive or work stoned

Edited by manitoubass2

I don't drink, smoke or do drugs of any kind and my wife says I'm too darned old & foolish to chase loose women, but I honestly can't see any problem at all with some guy smoking a joint. I've known lots of guys over the years who enjoyed a puff now and then and never once did I see any of them cause problems because of it.

So many folks seem to think it's perfectly fine and acceptable to have a beer or glass of hootch but somehow a joint is evil.

Make it legal, tax it like booze or smokes and let folks enjoy it.

LOL x 100000000

19.99 / gram

249.99 / half ounce

499.99 / ounce

**PLUS** additional taxes.

At least this is going to make it legal and those of us who partake won't have to worry about being arrested by having it on us (or in our residence).

Truthfully, combining the fact that it's no longer illegal, and the above prices, will make "organized crime" (I say that loosely) even more rampant.

Edited by Steve

LOL x 100000000

19.99 / gram

249.99 / half ounce

299.99 / ounce

**PLUS** additional taxes.

At least this is going to make it legal and those of us who partake won't have to worry about being arrested by having it on us (or in our residence).

Truthfully, combining the fact that it's no longer illegal, and the above prices, will make "organized crime" (I say that loosely) even more rampant.

it's not real or truth.

Edited by GbayGiant

Counterpoint to Wynne wanting LCBO sales:

Don't Let Those Who Opposed Legal Cannabis Profit From It Now

By Dana Larsen (Director, Sensible BC Campaign For Marijuana Reform, Vancouver's Medicinal Cannabis Dispensary)

Before premiers, liquor unions and corporations start falling all over each other in an effort to cash in on legal cannabis sales, let's remember the real reasons we should be ending cannabis prohibition in Canada.

Yes, we should be legalizing cannabis in Canada, but not because of the tax revenue it will generate, and not because legalization a better way to keep cannabis from kids, and not even because polls show that most Canadians now support changing the law.

We should be ending cannabis prohibition in Canada because the war on cannabis and cannabis users has always been unjustified, immoral and harmful to individuals and society.

Let us remember that cannabis prohibition was founded solely on racism and ignorance. There was never any valid scientific, health, or social reason to ban cannabis and punish cannabis users in the first place. As a society, we need to acknowledge these truths before we can start talking about tax rates and points of sale.

The first step must be to immediately end all arrests for possession and personal cultivation, nationwide. That must be at the top of the agenda for any cannabis reform in Canada.

These days, Canada's cannabis community is feeling like the Little Red Hen from the classic fairy tale.

We remember what happened when we asked, "Who will help us fight against cannabis prohibition?"

"Not us," said the unions. "There are a lot of jobs for us in arresting and jailing cannabis users."

"Not us," said the corporations. "Legal cannabis would hurt our investments in pharmaceuticals."

"Not us," said the politicians. "Instead, we're going to pass stricter laws than ever, because that gets us more votes!"

So we did it by ourselves.

Canada's cannabis community opened bong shops and seed shops, we created cannabis magazines and websites, we held cannabis rallies and opened medical dispensaries, all in peaceful civil disobedience and in defiance of these unfair laws.

When some of us were raided by police and ended up in front of a judge, we asked "Who will help us fund these important court cases, to defend our rights and change these unjust laws?"

"Not us," said the unions. "All these new prisons mean jobs, jobs, jobs!"

"Not us," said the corporations. "We can't patent cannabis medicines, so we don't care."

"Not us," said the politicians. "In fact, we will fight you in court every step of the way!"

So the cannabis community raised the funds ourselves. We used the money from our openly illegal bong shops, seed banks and dispensaries to pay lawyers and cover court costs, chipping away at prohibition one case at a time.

It was through the courts that we forced the government to first create a medical cannabis program, and every single improvement and expansion of the program has come as a result of lengthy and expensive court battles funded by grassroots activists.

Now that we have mostly beaten the laws in court and on the street, with cannabis gardens and dispensaries spreading into every city and town across the country, we ask, "Who will help us sell cannabis and profit from legalization?"

"We will sell it to you for profit!" say the unions. "We know how to sell liquor, and it's all the same thing, right?"

"We will sell it to you for profit!" say the corporations. "We will sell it to you for $15 a gram, as long as the police shut down all the illegal dispensaries first."

"We will sell it to you for profit!" say the politicians. "We will keep the taxes high, so we can pay for all the harm that you cannabis users are causing society."

To which we say, "Get lost! We will keep growing it and selling it ourselves. We already have hundreds of dispensaries across the country that are providing great quality cannabis. We already have dozens of court precedents which have forced your police to stop arresting our people. We already have a thriving culture and a vigorous, successful and diversified cannabis industry. We don't need your help, but thanks anyways."

The moral of the story? Those who show no willingness to contribute to a product do not deserve to share it.

Canada's cannabis community doesn't need the liquor unions, or the corporations, or the politicians to take over our industry. We know what we're doing when it comes to growing, distributing and enjoying cannabis.

The groups that have oppressed our culture and fought against legalization should not be the groups that get to regulate and profit from our sacred plant.

Just get rid of your ridiculous prohibition laws, stop arresting and hassling peaceful people for pot, and leave the rest to us.

Source: http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/8887122

Counterpoint to Wynne wanting LCBO sales:

Don't Let Those Who Opposed Legal Cannabis Profit From It Now

It's funny, the ones who wanted to jail you for doing something so dreadfully WRONG by treating yourself for illness!!!

..are the experts at it now and say why its good for you ?? :lol:

It's really sad what MONEY does to people!!

I think Dana was a little high....

"We will sell it to you for profit!" say the unions. "We know how to sell liquor, and it's all the same thing, right?"

I heard unions say they want to sell alongside alcohol. The only profit they stand to make as a union will be union dues from any increase in working hours or new hires. Unions do not profit from sales.

"We will sell it to you for profit!" say the corporations. "We will sell it to you for $15 a gram, as long as the police shut down all the illegal dispensaries first."

The corporations are are obviously in it for a profit just as every other business owner. I don't recall any LP claiming they wouldn't sell unless dispensaries are shut down. That statement made NO sense.

"We will sell it to you for profit!" say the politicians. "We will keep the taxes high, so we can pay for all the harm that you cannabis users are causing society."

Which politician uttered those words? JT actually said the exact opposite in that video from 2013 and there has been very little talk on taxation since.

I wonder if the fact that he owns several dispensaries is influencing his preferred retail choice?! lol. Dana is no different than the unions or government, He is working to keep his share of the insanely lucrative market.

Edited by GbayGiant

It's funny, the ones who wanted to jail you for doing something so dreadfully WRONG by treating yourself for illness!!!

..are the experts at it now and say why its good for you ?? :lol:

It's really sad what MONEY does to people!!

I think Dana was a little high....

I heard unions say they want to sell alongside alcohol. The only profit they stand to make as a union will be union dues from any increase in working hours or new hires. Unions do not profit from sales.

The corporations are are obviously in it for a profit just as every other business owner. I don't recall any LP claiming they wouldn't sell unless dispensaries are shut down. That statement made NO sense.

Which politician uttered those words? JT actually said the exact opposite in that video from 2013 and there has been very little talk on taxation since.

I wonder if the fact that he owns several dispensaries is influencing his preferred retail choice?! lol. Dana is no different than the unions or government, He is working to keep his share of the insanely lucrative market.

Dana is different in one fundamental way. He chose to fight a perceived injustice despite potential risk to himself (possibility of incarceration, economic cost for lawyers, etc.). To me that's putting his money where his mouth is. Edited by Dutch01

I haven't a dog in this fight. I don't and never have partaken with regularity in the sacrament, seriously maybe 3 times in 61 yrs. My wife was a regular before I met her, now 1 oz. lasts her almost a year. I do not think I will see it sold retail in my life, 20 years maybe. Once Gen X individuals are the majority of our politicians you will see a change in policy. Justin is a Generation X kid so there is hope for you criminal stoners. Maybe decriminalized soon but legal, not yet. It's a long way from doing a few months to a few years for possession to selling it next to the munchies at a 7-11. If I'm still here I might buy a joint to bring home with a bag of chips. But in the mean time I'd save your breath waiting for it.

If it does become legal soon I'm buying shares in Frito Lay corp.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I haven't a dog in this fight. I don't and never have partaken with regularity in the sacrament, seriously maybe 3 times in 61 yrs. My wife was a regular before I met her, now 1 oz. lasts her almost a year. I do not think I will see it sold retail in my life, 20 years maybe. Once Gen X individuals are the majority of our politicians you will see a change in policy. Justin is a Generation X kid so there is hope for you criminal stoners. Maybe decriminalized soon but legal, not yet. It's a long way from doing a few months to a few years for possession to selling it next to the munchies at a 7-11. If I'm still here I might buy a joint to bring home with a bag of chips. But in the mean time I'd save your breath waiting for it.

If it does become legal soon I'm buying shares in Frito Lay corp.

Better off with doritos