Selling Legal Pot In L.C.B.O. Makes Alot Of Sense. Premier Says. NF

fish_fishburn

All the laws for home grown weed will be changed, making the cost in prison sentence to high. The same as running a still in the 30's.

The big issue is who will make the money. That's all settled liberal, conservative, NDP have old politician's that own part of these medical weed company's. Currently 13 are listed on the stock exchange.

These legal grow company's have all the quality seed supply's locked up and they will get the contracts to supply LCBO.

If you take the 1st year of Colorado tax increase and gross it up to Canadian population is $450 million. Do you think billy bob , red neck are getting a changes at that money.

lol If the Libs let the union sell it the dealers will be laughing all the way to the bank..or the sock drawer...Kinda defeats the purpose of legalizing if you ask me.. I hope they allow home grows, veggie gardens will never be the same

I hear not to hard to qualify for medical marijuana . Maybe some of them just want a more convenient way to obtain it but don't need it more than any other pothead. Still can't for the life of me understand why it is illegal. Buy it in the store in Colorado but get arrested in the next state over? The lunatics are running the asylum. As far as opening Pandora's box just look at the states that have legalized it. I don't see any horror stories on the news? It's not like everyone is going to start smoking it because it is legal.I don't care if it's free all it does is give me anxiety so I won't be running to the store to buy it but I really don't care if anybody else does. A nice step towards ending the idiotic war on drugs.

I hear not to hard to qualify for medical marijuana . Maybe some of them just want a more convenient way to obtain it but don't need it more than any other pothead. Still can't for the life of me understand why it is illegal. Buy it in the store in Colorado but get arrested in the next state over? The lunatics are running the asylum. As far as opening Pandora's box just look at the states that have legalized it. I don't see any horror stories on the news? It's not like everyone is going to start smoking it because it is legal.I don't care if it's free all it does is give me anxiety so I won't be running to the store to buy it but I really don't care if anybody else does. A nice step towards ending the idiotic war on drugs.

Logic...

Decriminalize it but tax the hell out of it like alcohol and let those who want to get wasted offset the taxes of everyone else. Also by putting it under government control we squeeze out the criminal element that currently is involved in distrubution and create jobs. Win-win-win. :)

Decriminalize it but tax the hell out of it like alcohol and let those who want to get wasted offset the taxes of everyone else. Also by putting it under government control we squeeze out the criminal element that currently is involved in distrubution and create jobs. Win-win-win. :)

control will never let the criminal element that is driving the system go away but most will never understand that.

control will never let the criminal element that is driving the system go away but most will never understand that.

Control (ie prohibition) creates the conditions for criminal enterprise to thrive. Ever seen tomatoes for $2000 a pound?

Edited by Dutch01

If we did that, then the guy down the street would be cheaper. Why would I go to the lcbo and pay more?

I think you would need to legalize, rather than just decriminalize it, it in order to tax it.

I don't think that they will be able to "tax the hell out of it". If there is too much then people will just grow their own or buy from an illegal source. They should be able to take in a modest tax and still sell some.

Yip john bacon has it right.

Although, im curious why more pot users arent just going to the dr for a script?

They are now precribing it for almost disease/illness/ailment.

And its cheap and you get really really good marijuana of your choice, plus you can grow a certain amount of plants yourself.

I would get one of them scripts if OHIP would pay for it

Exactly. I'm told you you can get a prescription for medical bud, regardless of the condition!! Ooohhh doctor Green Thumbs... paging doctor green thumbs!!.. :tease:

I think you would need to legalize, rather than just decriminalize it, it in order to tax it.

I don't think that they will be able to "tax the hell out of it". If there is too much then people will just grow their own or buy from an illegal source. They should be able to take in a modest tax and still sell some.

not everyone who can "afford it" will want to grow it..they'd rather buy it already made up for them.

Just like making your own beer or wine or tobacco