Selling Legal Pot In L.C.B.O. Makes Alot Of Sense. Premier Says. NF

fish_fishburn

Just read this on CBC. Instantly thought this will be a colossal failure if the govt gets their grubby hands on it. I don't think it should be sold in the LCBO. This is a new industry for Canada and should be open to the public to start much needed new businesses in this country. The govt should stay far away as possible and sit back and collect the tax and that's it.

I think it would be better to have to go to a pot shop to get your herb. Let the entreprenures (sp) battle it out and may the best shops win. While were on the subject I would like to see the LCBO and the foreign owned BEER STORE gone as well.

LCBO, MCBO.. the key is the letter C for CONTROL. In other words, glean enormous taxes from the sale of anytime of mood altering substance..lol

Lets face it, the more government we have, the more we'll need it.. I believe they know that!

They don't belong in the same breath let alone a DRUNK STORE.

One kills and destroys lives and families.

The other... CANNOT and actually save quite a few.

What would you expect from a water retainer?

Dimwit!

Edited by GbayGiant

They don't belong in the same breath let alone a DRUNK STORE.

One kills and destroys lives and families.

The other... CANNOT and actually save quite a few.

What would you expect from a water retainer?

Dimwit!

Yes.

And alcohol plus weed is a very intoxicating combo.

Selling them together is silly.

Although if ya want it your gonna get it anyhow

And lets not stop at just weed.

A dispensing machine.

Oil,hash and weed.

Ok,maybe a blue dot piece of paper too. :w00t:

LoL! Dave's not here man... ;)

I don't care how it's sold but I would like to know if it's pre-rolled (weed) or just a bag? I wonder if it will come in smoke pack format over time too?

I don't care either way, just wondering is all as that "tax" shouldn't just be a cash grab (we all know it will be) put part as the service to deliver said products.

Trudeau said he was going to legalize pot...why can't the government leave it at that.

There is a distribution and sales network operating right now and it is tax free.

What is the government going to do for pot smokers other than grab a bunch of money.

Kathleen just has dollar signs in her eyes...who said she should be able to tax something that has been illegal for years...it just doesn't make sense

Edited by Dara

Making it legal is basically free.

Regulating and taxing will cost millions and who will pay for that.

Just the cost of rewriting all the new regulations into law books will cost lawyers to update.

We can't even smoke a cigarette on a outdoor patio at a bar right now ..I just don't get it

We can't even smoke a cigarette on a outdoor patio at a bar right now ..I just don't get it

Being a none smoker I agree with this 100%. My old man had a 3 pack a day habit. Spent lots of time sitting in a small boat with him or having a BBQ in the back yard with him puffing away right beside everybody. Any law that gives the public a break from second hand smoke I support 100%...and I'm pretty sure the majority of the population feels the same way.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

Trudeau said he was going to legalize pot...why can't the government leave it at that.

There is a distribution and sales network operating right now and it is tax free.

What is the government going to do for pot smokers other than grab a bunch of money.

Kathleen just has dollar signs in her eyes...who said she should be able to tax something that has been illegal for years...it just doesn't make sense

Just to be clear I'm not for legalizing MJ but what do you think Trudeau was hoping to achieve in legalizing it? Tax revenue all the way baby!!

Beer is available starting today in select grocery stores in Toronto, if grocery stores can sell beer and do the required age checks etc. there is no reason marijuana needs to be sold at only the LCBO or dedicated licensed dispensaries, even convenience marts selling cigarettes should be able to sell, anyone that can legally buy smokes could legally buy marijuana , I just don't get all the extra security measures over theses already existing products.

LCBO can go ahead and sell it, as long as they don't have exclusive rights to it...which they never will when they are selling something that can be grown beside your tomatoes.

I like the LCBO, it's clean, supports craft breweries and has good selection (other than 24's). To be honest, I trust the LCBO way more than any convenience store. In Quebec, the selection sucks. Molson and Labatts is all you can get at most corner stores.

Being a none smoker I agree with this 100%. My old man had a 3 pack a day habit. Spent lots of time sitting in a small boat with him or having a BBQ in the back yard with him puffing away right beside everybody. Any law that gives the public a break from second hand smoke I support 100%...and I'm pretty sure the majority of the population feels the same way.

This one burns me...about 6 years ago Ontario outlawed smoking in bars so all the bar owners built patios so the smoking patrons could go outside for a smoke.

Then, they outlawed smoking on the smoking patios, so all the smokers stand outside the front door and smoke...makes a lot of sense..

Agreed. She is going to make a mess of this and milk it for all she can..

They have these " U Brew Its" and places where you can make your own wine on site, I see green house " U Grow Its " starting up, the precedent is there, how would it be any different ?? all the controls and taxation is just going keep it as an underground economy and the legal outlets will only get a portion of the market just like cigarettes.