Ever been stiffed by the 407 ETR?

tb4me

Due to resent court rulings the ETR can only collect Moneys owing legally for two Years. However, they continue to collect private information on People who have not had plates under their names for years and keep plates in denial with the Ministry of Transportation which is against the Privacy act of Canada. Therefore, They need to either put up toll boothes or hand the Highway back to the citizens of Ontario. They also should not be able to obtain any further information from the Ministry of Transportation. They are a private company and not any part of the CAnadian Government.

https://www.change.org/p/government-of-ontario-kathleen-wynne-stop-the-etr-abuse?recruiter=64615899&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

It pisses me off how that deal went down and now a foreign company runs a toll road in the GTA. Might has well just given them a licence to print money. There's some horror stories of people wrongly charged and what a nightmare it is to get the charges corrected.

That's ok if the bill is legitimate but I have had many runins with them! Double charged for the same trip, once with transponder and then again on the same trip without a transponder both within a second of each other. Their excuse was that my transponder must be defective (well if that was the case why was I charged for a transponder trip)

Once for my car and again for the trailer I was towing with it.

Tried to return my transponder, put it on prepaid courier, they wouldn't accept it so I tried to take it in myself, 7 kiosks, only one open and a line up of about 30 people. there was a security guard standing there so I explained that I just wanted to return my transponder ; "go stand in the line " was his reply. I tried again to explain that all I wanted to do was "GO STAND IN THE LINE SIR". I used some very un professional words and left. I ended up having to return the transponder via Canada Post, seems that is the only way they will accept them.

Our OPP patrol it and I'll bet we as taxpayers pay for that too. Bend over, this is Canada!

Now, now, it' was all part of the "common sense revolution" to sell the 407. Thank you mike harris. Now if Wynne had her way, she's pay someone to take it.

Where would she get the money after she squandered 9 billion on clean energy? Oh wait, she could tax us more again!

I use it a lot and have never had a problem other than the fact that its expensive. If you use it more than a few times a year, get a transponder.

And for those who note that it shouldn't be private I would like to know why? The Gov't had their chance and they blew it. Lets face it, it can't be that hard to manage a highway.. they manage OPG for gawds sake... or is it mis-manage....lol

Just imagine that if the Gov't did still own it, they'd try and find a way to add a HOT lane to it... <_<

I bet that American tourists travel the 407 free.

I use the ETR on our two trips each year to the French and Nipissing area. I have yet to get a charge. Could be that the cameras can't catch my plate number on the truck or trailer. But, I have heard that some Americans have been billed.

My bro in law had a credit with the 407 and every time he'd use it the credit would increase!!! Being a very honest guy, he called them a couple of times to point out their error and was told it would be fixed. But it kept happening! They caught up with it eventually before the tax season, otherwise I guess they'd have to issue him a T4! :rofl2:

I use the ETR on our two trips each year to the French and Nipissing area. I have yet to get a charge. Could be that the cameras can't catch my plate number on the truck or trailer. But, I have heard that some Americans have been billed.

Lucky you Rich, it's not cheap.

Do you have a front plate?

I even got a bill one trip just from the trailer plate, a buddy of mine was pulling my boat with his truck, no bill for him but I was charged and paid

I doubt that there would be any consequences for Americans not paying their bills, where we as Canadians can't renew our licence plates if we have unpaid fees. I wonder what kind of kick back our liberals get for that service ?

I pay up, don't want to chance being denied entry over a few dollars.