What would you do....

lookinforwalleye

Have to agree with bass2 's first statement. Let it go. I wouldnt even welcome them home. Let them come to you and ask whats wrong. You'll all get together eventually and the cards will be on the table for everyone to see. Guessin at least one of the wives knows whats up as well.

I'm not gonna sugar coat it, JMHO though.

They secretly excluded you for some reason. Are you going to grovel to remain "friends" and still keep your self respect?

Real friends don't interact like that.

We agree on many things, but im not 100% with ya here.

Who knows whats up?

Excluded for a good reason? Maybe

Maybe the wife had some influence and its not what he believes it to be? Maybe

Arshole move? Maybe

I hope it all works out and its all just a silly misunderstanding/nothing serious

If they are really good friends im sure everything will be cool. I wouldnt lose sleep over it.

Id be super shocked if you were excluded for no reason, and I guess thats a possibilty too

I hope it all works out dood

They did not want you to know, or go. It was kept from you. You were excluded. And from your history, that's not usual. There has to be a reason. And if you're truly friends, there should be some honest answers.

I've been at both ends, and those times despite it being best, any and all honesty is tough to give and receive. Try to keep a level head with that.

Would understand the upset, and hope it works out for the best for you.

Nobody is very good at being self-aware. Most of us (myself included) should regularly think about how we effect others. If I were in your shoes I'd do some self evaluating.

I've recently been doing lots...

....good advice to ..a long look in the mirror sometimes goes a long way

I think most people have been on both sides of this fence, at some point in their life....there is definitely a reason, and if it's a big deal to you then you should address it, rather than letting it fester....if you've all been close friends for 25 years, that's a lot to throw away for one missed vacation.....and if all the wives are closer friends than the husbands, than it seems worthwhile to work it out...somebody hinted at some personal stuff going on at home? I'd guess the wives likely know what's up

Okay first off thanks for all the responses I enjoyed them all serious and funny alike!!

I am really not much into drama and after what I have been through the last few years I pretty much don`t give a :blahblah1: about much anymore...that might be part of the problem....

Here is the readers digest version of what went down;

LFW`s pal #1... buddy asks pal 1 to go to the DR last minute

pal #2 happens to call pal 1 and jumps on board pal #2 just happens to call pal #3 about something else and all of a sudden pal #3 is going as well

pal #1 says sorry Gord we didn't`t think you could get the time off work on short notice....that is pal #1`s story... I think he is full of poop but it is what it is as they say!!!

Okay first off thanks for all the responses I enjoyed them all serious and funny alike!!

I am really not much into drama and after what I have been through the last few years I pretty much don`t give a :blahblah1: about much anymore...that might be part of the problem....

pal #2 happens to call pal 1 and jumps on board pal #2 just happens to call pal #3 about something else and all of a sudden pal #3 is going as well

pal #1 says sorry Gord we didn't`t think you could get the time off work on short notice....that is pal #1`s story... I think he is full of poop but it is what it is as they say!!!

And this is why I dont get asked to go on three day fishing trips mid week on the spur of the moment. I cant just get up and go. Sure I would like to go, but crap happens. I have booked 2 days off mid month this month way in advance, for a fish. It may not work out,mother nature is at our beck and call. The fishing might be better somewhere else that I cant get too. It,s not a big deal to me. I beat to my own drum. If hook ups happen,great, if not, oh well.

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER

At least you got some info about how it all came about. True or not these are long time friends so I'd guess more true than false. The next time the drinks are flowing I'm sure it will become "water under the bridge" so to say...

I think we've all been there at one point or another, with my group of friends it was when we were around 19-20 it was someone in the doghouse for a month every couple months and then it would be back to the usual, still happens here and there but a lot less likely as we've ironed out (on a personal level) all the do's and don'ts so to speak

Glad to hear he doesn't seem to worried about, and so shouldn't you

We agree on many things, but im not 100% with ya here.

This is relevant to the topic. I'd consider us friends. We don't pull any punches with each other. So we don't agree, so what, there's no hard feelings. That's how friends are IMO.

With the people I consider friends, there's no high school girl, drama stuff.

Edited by chris.brock

This is relevant to the topic. I'd consider us friends. We don't pull any punches with each other. So we don't agree, so what, there's no hard feelings. That's how friends are IMO.

With the people I consider friends, there's no high school girl, drama stuff.

ya great point☺

Thats exactly how it should be...

(And I should probably chip in on your phone bill???)

Edited by manitoubass2