Almost 60 hours in the past 3 weeks, but we finally took the stink

irishfield

I bet you enjoyed every hour out there Wayne. The sound of the water laping against the boat... lord knows you would hear it as you can't tell you engines are running unless you hear it pissing!

Congrats to you and Andy on the fish. You didn't by chance pluck an eye ball for perch bait? :w00t::ninja::whistling::angel:

HH

personally id still rather haul in smallies on the bay then fish 60 hours for one ski on the bay...but thats just me.

Personally I am still in the mentality that one day while tossing big baits for trophy pike a bigger ski is gonna cross paths with me.

Nice catch though! The cleanest skis come outta the bay thats for sure.

You keep playing with that bait Akrisoner, I'd probably fish for them too if I didn't have 168 free hours, per week, to spend doing what I want, after 5+ years of living to someone else's medical schedule.

Oh and BTW Mister G, you must have cooked them wrong because Musky is better than Pike if you steak them right!

Edited by irishfield

You keep playing with that bait Akrisoner, I'd probably fish for them too if I didn't have 168 free hours, per week, to spend doing what I want, after 5+ years of living to someone else's medical schedule.

Oh and BTW Mister G, you must have cooked them wrong because Musky is better than Pike if you steak them right!

he he, dont worry i keep throwin them back to feed the skis when i catch em

Honest question, how many pike did you hammer prior to the ski? You guys must have loaded the boat with some decent snakes?

Edited by AKRISONER

That's the surprising thing, not a single pike to stink up the boat.

Ouch... At least pike would have entertained you a bit...

Don't know how people can fish these slow fisheries...

If I had to fish 2-3-4-5 days to get a fish I'd quit musky fishing... I'm dead serious...

I hear these g bay and nip reports of week long trips with only a few bites for their efforts...

I mean I have a day here and there without wetting my net but no way I could fish 60 hours for 1 bite... Even if every one was a 50 I still couldn't go 5-6 days of fishing for 1 bite...

Hopefully you next trip has some more action

If I had to fish 2-3-4-5 days to get a fish I'd quit musky fishing... I'm dead serious...

I hear these g bay and nip reports of week long trips with only a few bites for their efforts...

I mean I have a day here and there without wetting my net but no way I could fish 60 hours for 1 bite... Even if every one was a 50 I still couldn't go 5-6 days of fishing for 1 bite...

I agree 100%.......some areas of Ontario are living by myths of the old days while other areas are excellent fisheries.

how come you did not quit after you were skunked for 150 straight on the bay?

:)

Let's not forget guys, there's lots of BIG muskies in GBay and plenty of guys do very well at catching them.

You just need to know where they are.

Graham Bristow is a perfect example.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CBwQFjAAahUKEwj7yJ-ixY3JAhWJXB4KHa25ARs&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ontariomusky.com%2FYour_Guide.html&usg=AFQjCNFHE3ZjrWFsPgQr5suZM7gEd1PoIg

Edited by lew

personally id still rather haul in smallies on the bay then fish 60 hours for one ski on the bay...but thats just me.....anybody can catch bass ?

Personally I am still in the mentality that one day while tossing big baits for trophy pike a bigger ski is gonna cross paths with me.

Nice catch though! The cleanest skis come outta the bay thats for sure.

anyone can catch dink bass absolutely, but we are learning..and I would argue not anyone can get a 20lb bag.

but dont get me wrong, I fish everything on the bay except specifically targeting musky.

Part of the thing is that everyone on here thinks that G bay basically means moon river. Moon river seems to have the best fishing on the bay, especially for musky.

To those questioning the fishery on GBay...its one of the best i have fished, its also one of the most challenging due to size and exposure, its also probably one of the most beautiful making every moment on it that much more worth it.

Edited by AKRISONER

anyone can catch dink bass absolutely, but we are learning..and I would argue not anyone can get a 20lb bag.

but dont get me wrong, I fish everything on the bay except specifically targeting musky.

Part of the thing is that everyone on here thinks that G bay basically means moon river. Moon river seems to have the best fishing on the bay, especially for musky.

To those questioning the fishery on GBay...its one of the best i have fished, its also one of the most challenging due to size and exposure, its also probably one of the most beautiful making every moment on it that much more worth it.

...yep I grew up 30 ft away from GBay ..spent countless yrs working the islands from shawanaga bay to French river..my dad still resides in Britt so every long weekend I'm still out exploring ...I'm also now fishing Huron ,both can be difficult fisheries but very beautiful as you stated