B.C. BEHEMOTHS!!! Fishing the Great White Sturgeon.

Moosebunk

D5-13_zpsojgt07gz.jpg

Poured a drink and I read it through.

This pic says to me-

-I'm gonna be on a high for 2 weeks when I get home thinking about the Fraser River trip.

-I don't care if I catch another fish.

-God bless the west coast and I might just stay here and not go home at all.

Edited by chris.brock

Two weeks is all I can afford to be at home and high off this trip Chris. Got big news soon as walking in the door here. Next "adventure" begins in a couple hours. Work!

You're right, by the time this photo was taken we didn't much care anymore. I was rather exhausted. We'd caught our fill of fish and were steady doing so all week, only hoping for two more for the girls that day, but weren't stressing it.

West coast is cool in many ways, but so to is home here in Ontario.

Thanks again gang. Another very BIG report to come next, before calling it a year.

How sore was everyone bunk?

I know when I get lake sturgeon(on lighter gear) its sure wears a guy out!

But the sturgeon here do get to 6 or 7 feet, but they arent half the girth of those dinosaurs thats for sure!

Sturgeon are just wicked eh? If they dont wanna move there is just nothing you can do. They dictate the battle lol

Gotta 4 footer through the ice 2 years ago and it was a total gong show to land it and a 27" rod hahahaha

Im heading up next year for a family reunion and I cant wait!

Edited by manitoubass2

Awesome report Drew! Many thanks for taking the time to share with us!

OT for a second... I have niece who has taken up residence in Prince Rupert and i have a standing invite to go there. She has many first nations friends who are outdoors man and has shown me pics of 80lb Halibut, chinnys etc... Any idea if they catch Sturgeon in the Prince Rupert area?

HH

How sore was everyone bunk?

I know when I get lake sturgeon(on lighter gear) its sure wears a guy out!

But the sturgeon here do get to 6 or 7 feet, but they arent half the girth of those dinosaurs thats for sure!

Sturgeon are just wicked eh? If they dont wanna move there is just nothing you can do. They dictate the battle lol

Rick... agree with every bit of that. Probably the most sore and worn out of the bunch of us was myself. Whipped going into this trip and beaten good by the fish and food ti'll the end. Girls were commenting on their biceps the morning after their first day. That kinda sore is the best sore ya know? ;)

I have niece who has taken up residence in Prince Rupert and i have a standing invite to go there. She has many first nations friends who are outdoors man and has shown me pics of 80lb Halibut, chinnys etc... Any idea if they catch Sturgeon in the Prince Rupert area?

Hey Joe! Far as I know (and I did ask the guide this as well) sturgeon in BC are really only found in the Fraser and some of it's tributaries like the Stave and Harrison. There may be some elsewhere, but there's no known fisheries let alone sport fishing for them. The Natives there may know different. The Columbia would be the next closest thing but it's rather ruined because of damming and over fishing. What Rupert will give you, you already know. Some wicked salmon and halibut opportunities.

Last year I had the chance to fish for the sturgeon on the Fraser and I'm definitely itching to get back there again to get a bigger one.

See, you know! You want more now. lol. And you're not actually bitten by the sturgeon bug either, you're just very much gummed and sucked on by those giant pucker lips.

I loved the video of the doubleheader, simply amazing.

That video is funny. Really shows how much wear and tear they put on ya.

can't believe the number of sturgeon caught! great size also!

Still in awe here too. Was expecting a good trip but, this one really was a sturgeon slam of serious numbers and great sized fish.

And Will... I wanna hear what the censorship wouldn't allow. :)

Holy darn crap Bunk!! That is just a darn awesome report! I can't believe the size of those my mom hates me!

Ha! Now that's the way we should post from here on out. Funny that is. Lol

Hope you find your way there Clive, you love your big fish for sure, and these sturg are just that. A must do of you can.