I just don't know what to do!

Big Cliff

Overall, I think that Canada's return to deficits had more to do with the world wide economic situation than poor fiscal management by Harper.

But he's campaigning on the great things he has done for the economy as opposed to all the other crappy things he's done such as cancel the census, stifle the scientists----the list goes on and on.

Trudeau isn't being completely truthful here either.

Nor is Mulcair when he claims that Harper cut $36 billion from health care despite the fact that health care transfers have increased under Harper and budgeted to continue increasing until at least 2024 when the payments will be reviewed.

I have been reading everything I can find on this upcomming election and here is what it boils down to; I am an idiot!

If I vote Liberal I am an Idiot

If I vote Consertive I am an idiot

If I vote NDP I am an idiot

If I vote for anyone else they haven't got a chance so I just wasted my vote and I am an idiot

If I don't vote, I am an Idiot

Sounds like anyone who isn't a leafs fan.

They go for it - they are idiots

They trade their guys for prospects - they are idiots

They try to rebuild through the draft - they are idiots

They get Babcock - won't help

Even when they win the Stanley cup everyone will say 'first one in 50 years.'

Notice a pattern?

It's a shame actually, I really like the Green Party policies, they speak the most to me, but I feel like it's a waste of a vote.

It's a shame actually, I really like the Green Party policies, they speak the most to me, but I feel like it's a waste of a vote.

I don't agree with a vote for the Greens (or any other fringe party) is a wasted vote. If more people support the Greens then the other parties will have to take the environment more serious in order to avoid loosing their support to the Greens.

They don't have to form the government to get their policies implemented. They just have to get support. That is how the NDP was able to get social benefits implemented in Canada without ever forming a government at the federal level.

The Greens have the potential to do for the environment what the NDP has done for social benefits.

The Liberals used EI funds to fund their surpluses too. They also cut health and transfer payments to provinces. Is it okay for the Liberals but not okay for the Conservatives?

A conservative government accuse liberal government of wrong doing by using EI funding in 2008 and did the very same thing in 2015 election year to balance the budget. So, what exectly does this say about conservative "ethics"?

The world wide economic situation would have contributed to both. However, Canada didn't do too bad compared other countries. Ontario fared poorly compared to other provinces. I believe that Canada's debt to GDP ratio has actually improved slightly since Harper came to power. I doubt the Ontario ratio has improved. Canada has a lot of debt; but we do not have the highest debt of any country in the world. Ontario has the highest debt of any state/province, etc. in the world.

You are wrong here again. Canada recorded debt to GDP of 86.51% of GDP in 2014, which in 2007 we had all time record low at 66.50% (Year conservatives resume power).

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/canada/government-debt-to-gdp

You are wrong here again. Canada recorded debt to GDP of 86.51% of GDP in 2014, which in 2007 we had all time record low at 66.50% (Year conservatives resume power).

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/canada/government-debt-to-gdp

Your figures may include provincial dept as well.

The debt in 2014 was about $615 billion; the GDP was $1,839 billion. So the dept to GDP ratio was about 33%

The debt when Harper was first elected in 2006 was $493 billion. The GDP for 2006 was $1,164 billion or 42%.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/canada/gdp

http://www.debtclock.ca/

A conservative government accuse liberal government of wrong doing by using EI funding in 2008 and did the very same thing in 2015 election year to balance the budget. So, what exectly does this say about conservative "ethics"?

ETHICS, ethics....what ethics? :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Posted Today, 01:25 PM

Dusky, on 13 Oct 2015 - 1:03 PM, said:snapback.png

shwg4.jpg

I have already voted.

What really grinds my gears, is somehow we can spend hundreds of thousands to fight TWO women refusing to remove their niqab at citizenship ceremonies but there is no money/will to inquire about the TWELVE HUNDRED, missing and or murdered native women..... This as asinine in my opinion.

Harper has to go plain and simple.

Edited by Gerritt

Posted Today, 01:25 PM

Dusky, on 13 Oct 2015 - 1:03 PM, said:snapback.png

shwg4.jpg

you must be a Liberal....you mis-lead like one....

The picture is former MP Dean Delmastro and he is not the ethics commissioner..he was however convicted for a violation of election law...spent too much money.

you must be a Liberal....you mis-lead like one....

The picture is former MP Dean Delmastro and he is not the ethics commissioner..he was however convicted for a violation of election law...spent too much money.

Several of the candidates from the 2006 Liberal leadership race overspent as well.

There are limits to how much an individual, including the candidate, can donate to the campaign. However, there is a loophole:

• They can lend money to the campaign.
  • And then claim that there are not enough funds to repay the loan.

The donation limits have been exceeded, but there doesn't seem to be much that can be done other than telling them they are a bad boy/girl.

You are allowed to abstain your vote. I've done it and I will continue to do so because I believe they are all idiots lol

Wouldn't abstaining your vote be the same as not voting at all? On other hand, voting for a fringe party indicates that you care about the issues that that party stands for. Even if these parties don't form the government it tells the big three that these issues matter to people. They realize that they can pick up votes by catering to these issues.

Well I hope you all party in your own way but I know 242,000 and counting who will be partying saying goodbye to mr harper

https://m.facebook.com/events/1664887353757502/

Here's a good one from there Lucas. "Harper cut the GST by two percentage points – wiping out $13 billion in potential revenues for this year, according to Finance. His corporate income tax cuts have reduced the public purse by $10.4 billion for 2011-12; and personal income tax cuts another $13.6 billion. Without these cuts we may have avoided a deficit altogether."

So now she's complaining because Harper cut taxes. How clueless can she possibly be? Tax me more and that's OK? WOW

Cheers

It is difficult to form or maintain an objective opinion by reading biased accounts from others whether on this site or from a popular media source. Citing numbers from various different sources results in comparing apples to oranges. The reality is you can virtually map the surplus/deficit chart over a similar chart of the rate of change in economic growth. Governments don't control the global economy so they are at the mercy of rising and falling tax revenue based on the performance of their underlying local economy. In the 60's there was a lot of wiggle room in the budget since the national debt was miniscule as compared to today's situation. Over the years, the deficits have piled up and the debt has grown to the point where there is no wiggle room left. Before the debt became so great it was easy to stimulate the economy with government spending and if the stimulus or policy didn't work out it wasn't a big deal. That is no longer the case, with the debt level where it is and the threat of rising interest rates, the noose is only going to get tighter.

Frankly, you are voting for the lesser of several evils. Eliminate the ridiculous pensions earned by politicians and you might actually get somebody in power looking to improve the country, not just line there own pocket. In my opinion 'Politician' should not be a career. I would venture to say that almost everyone on this forum either continues to work or has worked (prior to retirement) harder than most if not all politicians. Vote for whoever you think will work as hard as you do, be it your local candidates or the national leaders. At least your conscience will be clear.