I just don't know what to do!

Big Cliff

Good question....like I have said many times the Liberals and NDP tax and spend...I have no doubt that Trudeau has no clue how to run a country...everytime he opens his mouth he proves that....having said that if we can use the provincial Liberals as a example half of the promises made will be forgotten as they were just made for votes...

Good question....like I have said many times the Liberals and NDP tax and spend...I have no doubt that Trudeau has no clue how to run a country...everytime he opens his mouth he proves that....having said that if we can use the provincial Liberals as a example half of the promises made will be forgotten as they were just made for votes...

Remember Jean Chretien and his Red Book and the promise to abolish the GST , how did that work??

Oct. 29, 1990: "I am opposed to the GST. I have always been opposed to it, and I will always be opposed to it. It is a tax that is both regressive and discriminatory." - Liberal Leader Jean Chretien

Nov. 19, 1990: "We will continue to oppose the GST and the tax won't be long in place when the Liberals win the next election." - Opposition Leader Herb Gray

Feb. 11, 1993: "I say we will replace the tax. This is a commitment. You will judge me by that. If the GST is not gone, I will have a tough time the election after that." - Liberal Leader Jean Chretien

1993 - Liberal Party Red Book: "A Liberal government will replace the GST with a system that generates equivalent revenues, is fairer to consumers and to small business, minimizes disruption to small business, and promotes federal-provincial fiscal co-operation and harmonization."

Jean Cretien is the best prime minister we have had in my lifetime (I was born in 1980).

It was March 17, 2003, less than nine months before he would resign as one of Canada’s most successful prime ministers, when Chrétien stood up in the House of Commons and stated: “If military action proceeds without a new resolution of the [united Nations] Security Council, Canada will not participate.”

To this day, the proudest moment I've ever had.

Good on ya Jean!!!

of course, two faced Harper could only look dumb:

Canada’s current Conservative Prime Minister Stephen Harper -- then the leader of the Opposition Canadian Alliance -- co-authored a letter to the Wall Street Journal telling Americans that he strongly disagreed with the prime minister and supported the war.

“This is a serious mistake,” Harper wrote, along with foreign affairs critic Stockwell Day. “The Canadian Alliance -- the official opposition in Parliament -- supports the American and British position because we share their concerns, their worries about the future if Iraq is left unattended to, and their fundamental vision of civilization and human values."

In 2008, Harper -- by then prime minister -- announced that he had changed his mind and now felt that the war was a mistake.

Here's the forecasts of cost of the additional spending promises (pdf file attachment) of the 3 main parties as compiled by the Canadian Tax Payers Federation. The Liberals are obviously promising the moon, over 10 billion in new spending in just the 1st fiscal year 2016/17. The NDP, just under 6 billion during the same period. The Conservative's, 256 million. Ask yourselves. Where is this money coming from?

Dunno if it's fair to take the report at face value. The CTF non-profit group is comprised of Conservative supporters, so of course they would make the Conservatives the ideal party. If this report came from an unbiased point of view, I'd think of it differently.

In the report, the "Uncosted Promises" section for the NDP and Liberals include the Champlain Bridge, but is not listed for the CPC. As I understand, bridges are a Federal responsibility, so if the CPC are elected for the next term, that extra cost should also be included, but it's not.

If a simple person, like myself, can find that one item, I do pose a question to all the other items they have in that report.

Edited by FrankTheRabbit

Dunno if it's fair to take the report at face value. The CTF non-profit group is comprised of Conservative supporters, so of course they would make the Conservatives the ideal party. If this report came from an unbiased point of view, I'd think of it differently.

In the report, the "Uncosted Promises" section for the NDP and Liberals include the Champlain Bridge, but is not listed for the CPC. As I understand, bridges are a Federal responsibility, so if the CPC are elected for the next term, that extra cost should also be included, but it's not.

If a simple person, like myself, can find that one item, I do pose a question to all the other items they have in that report.

First off. The Canadian Taxer Payers Federation would support any government that limits taxation and spends the taxes they do take in a "responsible manner".

The fact that they garner a large amount of support among conservatives is due to this fact. The numbers in this report are based on the individual promises made by each party and the costs attached to these are also provided by the parties. The CTF simply added them all up for us. Even if you want to dispute some of the individual costs, one can't deny that there's a big difference between 10 billion in new spending verse 256 million in fiscal 2016/17, not to mention the vast differences in the following 3 fiscal years after that.

So we have:

• millions unemployed
  • hundreds of thousands of children living in poverty
  • thousands homeless
  • 2 women insist on covering their face during swearing in ceremony but not during citizenship hearing.

Which of these issues would a responsible leader who had the interests of the country at heart treat as a high priority???

Jean Cretien is the best prime minister we have had in my lifetime (I was born in 1980).

It was March 17, 2003, less than nine months before he would resign as one of Canada’s most successful prime ministers, when Chrétien stood up in the House of Commons and stated: “If military action proceeds without a new resolution of the [united Nations] Security Council, Canada will not participate.”

To this day, the proudest moment I've ever had.

Good on ya Jean!!!

Seriously , the UN anymore is a case of the criminals running the justice system. Chretien was an embarrassment internationally, while Harper and Mulroney were respected.

So we have:

• millions unemployed
  • hundreds of thousands of children living in poverty
  • thousands homeless
  • 2 women insist on covering their face during swearing in ceremony but not during citizenship hearing.

Which of these issues would a responsible leader who had the interests of the country at heart treat as a high priority???

Yeah, Canada's a horrible place to live. We'd be much better off if we were more like Greece. :sarcasm: Which won't take long if Junior gets in.

http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/canada/

Edited by Old Man

Looks like you had trouble understanding the question!

Looks like you didn't bother to read anything info I supplied. We rate in the top 3 for quality of life in the world.

So with a good standard of living, we do have the ability to be concerned about other issues at the same time.

Edited by Old Man

Looks like you didn't bother to read anything info I supplied. We rate in the top 3 for quality of life in the world.

So with a good standard of living, we do have the ability to be concerned about other issues at the same time.

If it is not broke, don't try to fix it

Remember Jean Chretien and his Red Book and the promise to abolish the GST , how did that work??

Oct. 29, 1990: "I am opposed to the GST. I have always been opposed to it, and I will always be opposed to it. It is a tax that is both regressive and discriminatory." - Liberal Leader Jean Chretien

Nov. 19, 1990: "We will continue to oppose the GST and the tax won't be long in place when the Liberals win the next election." - Opposition Leader Herb Gray

Feb. 11, 1993: "I say we will replace the tax. This is a commitment. You will judge me by that. If the GST is not gone, I will have a tough time the election after that." - Liberal Leader Jean Chretien

1993 - Liberal Party Red Book: "A Liberal government will replace the GST with a system that generates equivalent revenues, is fairer to consumers and to small business, minimizes disruption to small business, and promotes federal-provincial fiscal co-operation and harmonization."

If a Liberals lips are moving there is a pretty good chance they are lying...." the proof is in the proof "

Well the Jays blew a game...I could use a laff or two...perhaps a video of Trudeau quotes....

Trudeau will need a video to remember half the STUFF he promised buying votes , here ya go lookin

12115933_10206762485835474_7595140141259

Edited by aplumma
misspelled cussing is still breaking the rules

First off. The Canadian Taxer Payers Federation would support any government that limits taxation and spends the taxes they do take in a "responsible manner".

The fact that they garner a large amount of support among conservatives is due to this fact. The numbers in this report are based on the individual promises made by each party and the costs attached to these are also provided by the parties. The CTF simply added them all up for us. Even if you want to dispute some of the individual costs, one can't deny that there's a big difference between 10 billion in new spending verse 256 million in fiscal 2016/17, not to mention the vast differences in the following 3 fiscal years after that.

Scott Hennig - VP Communications: Was a speechwriter for the Conservative gov't in Alberta

Aaron Wudrick - Federal Director: Was campaign manager for KW Con MP Peter Braid

Kevin Lacey - Atlantic Canada Director: Served as an advisor for Premier of NS from 2003-2006 and then was employed to Stephen Harper's office from 2006-2008

Jordan Bateman - BC Canada Director: Gave a speech at a BC Conservative Party speech in 2012

Jeff Bowes - Research Director: Former Staffer for the Conservative Research Group

Todd Mackay - Prairie Director: Regular columnist for Postmedia, a right-leaning publication

Paige Macpherson - Alberta Director: Former Sun News reporter

Christine Van Geyn - Ontario Director: Author of several National Post articles, as well as served as a staffer for a Federal Cabinet Minister (couldn't find a name, but I'll guess it's Conservative)

The CTF has been a springboard for many Conservative politicians...Jason Kenney, Walter Robinson, Sara MacIntyre and many more.

I only brought up one example from the report when they didn't include the Champlain Bridge repairs as part of the CPC Uncosted Promises, but included it to the NDP & Libs Uncosted Promises, to highlight the fact: What else are they not including in their report? Again, in my opinion, this report is biased and clearly evident that it's backed by the CPC, so all I'm saying is, take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by FrankTheRabbit

Scott Hennig - VP Communications: Was a speechwriter for the Conservative gov't in Alberta

Aaron Wudrick - Federal Director: Was campaign manager for KW Con MP Peter Braid

Kevin Lacey - Atlantic Canada Director: Served as an advisor for Premier of NS from 2003-2006 and then was employed to Stephen Harper's office from 2006-2008

Jordan Bateman - BC Canada Director: Gave a speech at a BC Conservative Party speech in 2012

Jeff Bowes - Research Director: Former Staffer for the Conservative Research Group

Todd Mackay - Prairie Director: Regular columnist for Postmedia, a right-leaning publication

Paige Macpherson - Alberta Director: Former Sun News reporter

Christine Van Geyn - Ontario Director: Author of several National Post articles, as well as served as a staffer for a Federal Cabinet Minister (couldn't find a name, but I'll guess it's Conservative)

The CTF has been a springboard for many Conservative politicians...Jason Kenney, Walter Robinson, Sara MacIntyre and many more.

I only brought up one example from the report when they didn't include the Champlain Bridge repairs as part of the CPC Uncosted Promises, but included it to the NDP & Libs Uncosted Promises, to highlight the fact: What else are they not including in their report? Again, in my opinion, this report is biased and clearly evident that it's backed by the CPC, so all I'm saying is, take it with a grain of salt.

So you don't trust the information provide freely by each party as to promises and costs because the information was recorded and compiled by the Canadian Tax Payers Federation and you don't like the fact that the CTF has too many Conservatives as members. Funny thing is, anyone can join, support and get involved with the group. I guess the reason the CTF is a little light on Liberal and NDP'ers as members, is that they are never interested in minimizing taxation and being held accountable for what they do with our taxes.

Oh, and argue about individual costs all you want, we're still comparing billions of $ to millions of $.

Edited by Old Man

If any member of the CTF could do math they sure wouldn't be recommending Harper to run anything where money was involved.

156 Billion in new deficit spending after vowing before he was elected to pass a law guaranteeing balanced budgets. Still waiting for law after 4 yrs of him the absolute power to do so. Don't worry though his finance minister is on the record as saying that Harper's granddaughter will pay that off in the future with her mystical credit card.

Responsible for the worst trade deficits in Canadian history, coupled with the LOWEST corporate tax rates in Canadian history.

Gave Canadian banks a 114 Billion dollar bailout during the recession and has denied doing it every since.

Highest youth unemployment rate in Canadian history since we kept stats.

Drove the dollar to it lowest level in over 10 yrs making almost everything more expensive for everybody and still the trade deficit grows LARGER.

Has allowed oil companies to gouge us at the pumps to the tune of over 5 BILLION dollars and said not a word.

Has let Canadian companies hide 200 Billion in profits offshore so they paid no Canadian tax on that money. What did he do about that? He gave the company representing the tax cheats against the CRA a huge government contract as a reward for fighting the CRA in court...

He has also tried to sneak through multiple pieces of legislation he was told WOULD BE struck down by the courts costing us the taxpayer millions in unnecessary court costs.

How in anyway shape or form could that horrible record of what Harper ACTUALLY did in the last 9yrs lead anyone to think the conservatives are good with our money? I know OOOOH look a boogey woman is over there. LOL

Edited by Canuck2fan