New 2016 Lund 1875

Gerritt

Probably wont get a chance to ride in one, seems like one would take a pounding in the chop and get seriously wet.

Bass boats are glass for a reason.

Unless price is lower than a comparable glass boat, which I highly doubt with Lund, not much to see here.

Either do I... I've put full waves right down the floor center of my 2150 Baron, on both Georgian Bay and Lake Temagami. Some days it's not enough boat for the job.

It does seem odd for Lund to do this boat in aluminum, when they have been doing the Tyee and ProV for a few years now in glass as well as aluminum. Unless they've decided it's time to go back to what they know!

Edited by irishfield

It was the demand from the US probly won't see many up here and ya my ultimate choice would still be a big PROV but if money were not an issue I would gladly have one at my dock !!! I'm just curious as to the price seeing how our dollar had taken a nose dive it's probly mega bucks for that rig .....

I have a '91 deep V 17 ft bass tracker and was getting ready to buy a Lund (not the bass boat ) - the Tracker looks pretty worn but is still sea worthy and still gets me where I want to go with reasonable comfort - but then the more I thought about it I decided to stay with the old boat - one thing when you have a older boat you don't worry about getting it scratched or banged up - I fish in places where a boat can take a beating on the rocky shore or stumps out in the water - and launch it at places where there is no nice dock - so for the time being I'll just stick with the old boat until it sinks some day -

Probably wont get a chance to ride in one, seems like one would take a pounding in the chop and get seriously wet.

Bass boats are glass for a reason.

Unless price is lower than a comparable glass boat, which I highly doubt with Lund, not much to see here.

100% man it's a nice rig no argument there but this boat gonna cost more then a 19 ft high end glass rig and it's gonna be slower. I would rather buy the Lund pro v. If I want a high power high end bass boat its glass. I had smaller glass bass rigs in the past and they are great riding boats.

Alright boat for fishing in the ponds. Livewell in the back, what's with that. Stupid rod locker takes up half the boat where the livewell should be for weight up front. Older Explorer still had the best layout and they discontinued it..

Alright for the designer fisherman :rolleyes: ,not the reel type. :D

Spending that amount of money Lund should have a choice of how you want your boat laid out, they would sell more.

Edited by Fish Farmer

Alright boat for fishing in the ponds. Livewell in the back, what's with that. Stupid rod locker takes up half the boat where the livewell should be for weight up front. Older Explorer still had the best layout and they discontinued it..

Alright for the designer fisherman :rolleyes: ,not the reel type. :D

Spending that amount of money Lund should have a choice of how you want your boat laid out, they would sell more.

Putting livewells in the back isn't stupid. When they're up front, the fish get absolutely pounded and the survival rate drops. Remember, it's a bass boat, those livewells are for keeping fish alive. Not the pass me a minnow crowd.

Bass Boats are not meant for everyone and they are designed with the live well in the back to keep speed up. You want to bow to lift to gain more speed so sticking a big live well upfront would be the worst thing you could do to a bass boat.

To me, this is a very well laid out BASS boat. The center rod storage is great! Holds 18 rods up to 8 or so feet long, has room for 4 3700 size boxes and houses the TM batteries. The side storage areas are nice and deep to hold a lot of other gear. And with a 200 on the back, it will do a top speed of 64mph!

For a tin boat that is setup for BASS fishing, I think Lund did an amazing job. I also believe the hull used isn't going to beat people up any worse than my Bass Tracker PT190 and I could easily deal with rivets.

Now, The price of this thing is going to be up there. a place in the US already has it on their site with a 150 and it is almost $36,000 USD. At that price, it will be competing with a few glass 18 footers but has a good enough layout that I would definitely consider this over glass for some of the areas I fish. The hull would also be a major upgrade over the pounding I take on St. Francis with my mod V...