Wolves ate my dog

Rod Caster

Quite the brutal sight. ugh.

Lots of 'what ifs'...we should have tied him up when we heard the brush wolves (coyote/eastern wolf mix) howling. But I had no idea the bit Timberwolves were around, and clearly very hungry. Blood and fur all over my lawn in the morning. They literally ate him to the bone.

He's scrapped it out with single wolves and coyotes before and scared them off, but this time they had a clear and hungry agenda.

He was one hell of a property dog, tough as nails to other animals and super nice to all people. One of the risks of living in the bush and keeping an outdoor dog, I guess. Later Buddy.

IMG_0564_zps1lnzu61f.jpg

IMG_0331_zpsqy2o9udt.jpg

IMG_1763_zpsgrbqc70y.jpg

Edited by Rod Caster

Man that sucks!!! :(

It's one of the things I worry about when I have my pooch out at the lake.

There are plenty of wolves and bears in the area.

My neighbour told me he saw a dozen on the ice there this past winter.

Every time he goes off exploring I worry.

Usually he just walks up to the neighbours cabin 300 yards away but he has gone close to a mile around the bay before.

From the pictures I believe I see a yellow lab. Fiercely loyal and amazing companion. Smart as heck, strong as an ox yet gentle. I've known many..

May he always be in your thoughts as he was doing his duty by protecting what meant most to him. And he died a good death. Brave and strong protecting his family.

What was his name?