How old is OFC/OFC?

Big Cliff

Yeah...there are pitfalls when trying to change some less desirable words to more acceptable ones. One of the more famous was the word "s-h-i-t" that we changed to "poop". Harmless enough we thought. Well, until the day someone wrote Cliff's (CCMT) full name in a post. It was unfortunate that his surname came out as "Terapoopa" . I do believe that TJ is still laughing. Good natured Cliff took it in stride. Bless his pointy lil' ears. :)

• 2 weeks later...

What about what's his name?

I joined around winter of 2001-2002 I had broken my ankle and was messing around the net looking for Ontario fishing this is what I found. It's been such a amazing place and 90% of the people I do things with I met one way or another through here.

Moosebunk steered me to this site, but there was a slight detour. He said the site name was O-F-N-C. But when I looked that up, I got the Overseas Federation of Nigerian Christians, who I suppose might have little fish symbols on their cars or that <<<<))))))))))))))))))))<<<< thing in their sig line, but they did not appear to have much to do with fishing. So he sent me a link and I joined up.

Funny thing is, I have read more posts on here about food and recipes than I have on fish and fishing............

Doug

Edited by akaShag

Moosebunk steered me to this site, but there was a slight detour. He said the site name was O-F-N-C. But when I looked that up, I got the Overseas Federation of Nigerian Christians, who I suppose might have little fish symbols on their cars or that <<<<))))))))))))))))))))<<<< thing in their sig line, but they did not appear to have much to do with fishing. So he sent me a link and I joined up.

Doug

Had a similar experience Doug. I was single for a long time, didn't get married to just a few months shy of 50. about 15 years ago I had internet and my parents wanted me to look up a group called C.A.R.P. Don't think there was google back then a search engine called AltaVista comes to mind, anyway do a search and I get this as the first response, a website called Celibate And Really Pathetic, sick joke mom and dad. Upon calling them they said it stood for Canadian Association of Retired Persons, but we all had a good laugh over that one. :canadian:

back to dave524, I see your .218 Bee avatar. I have two rifles in that chambering.................

Doug

Just a Ruger No.1 here in the Bee, got an Anschutz in 22 Hornet as well, like the small chamberings, but got a 220 Swift if I need to reach out a bit. I assume you might have an original lever gun?

Funny thing is, I have read more posts on here about food and recipes than I have on fish and fishing............

Doug

Please don't ask Roy how he mistakenly found this forum.....

back to dave 524, both of mine are Winchester Model 43s. I did have a lever gun in a Marlin 1894 CB (I think???) in this chambering but it was like shooting a sewer pipe. The Bee really shines in a bolt gun or a falling-block like you have (which is probably even more accurate than my bolt guns). Yes I believe I have had all of the .22 centrefires, and some of them multiple times, all very much fun to shoot.

Doug

• 3 years later...

I have no idea of how many years I've be coming to the board and like a lot of other I found this place via the ZOO.

As for my yellow jacket, it now lives in St. Lucia. I was wearing it on a fishing charter. Junior (the boat captain) didn't take his eyes off of it. At the end of the day I gave him the jacket.  In turn I got Barracuda steaks and the address of a local restaurant that would cook it up for us. "The St Lucian way" Junior called the owner and set up the time for us to meet up there. What a great day and night we had. Cathy and I were the only non St Lucian's there and man can they party!!!

095.thumb.JPG.c15f0707f6a3e43ed4ece4b56a942d7e.JPG Dan.