New iPhone 6 or galaxy s6

fishindevil

A bigger screen would be nice as my eyes are not getting any better ... Lol and way more memory this iPhone 5 has 16 gigs and it's full !!!! Time for an upgrade going shopping very as on to to decide just wanted some opinions on the two models !!!! Thanks. Shawn

I've had a few phones in the past and from my experience: If you wanna tinker and tweak and spend time getting the most out of your mobile device, Android, hands down. If you want a phone that you use and download apps, Apple iOS is what I found to be better.

I remember spending hours tinkering with an old Galaxy Nexus phone and it's fun and all when you have the time to do all that stuff. Lately, I'd rather spend time on other things (like fishing :)), instead of tinkering/tweaking a phone, so Apple's iOS works for me.

No point debating which eocsystem is better, it's an endless debatejust write out a list of things you'd want your next phone to do and base your decision on that.

Edited by FrankTheRabbit

I went from an iphone 3 to the latest galaxy at the time. I dumped it just as soon as the iphone 5 came out. As the guy above mentioned, if you like playing with the phone, android is for you. If you just want to download the apps you use, check email and calenders and browse the net etc. then iphone has it hands down . I am an iphone guy, because it is extremely user friendly within the limits I use it. I don't need a rocket ship, just a workhorse. The androids can do lots, but they are just not required for me. It will depend what kind of user you are.

I mainly use it for all the basic stuff weather apps fishing apps taking lots of pics and checking emails and stuff like what worm dunker said !!! And yes wasn't sure about getting to know a new phone & system as the iPhone is pretty easy to figure put and I have had them for years now !! I think the biggest thing I need is a bit bigger screen and lots more memory and like I said mostly just basic stuff is what I use this phone for was just wondering like I said all the pros & cons of both before I get another one :)

I recently upgraded and had to choose between the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6+. I liked the huge screen on the 6+, but it was too difficult to use with one hand and too big to put in my pocket.

I went with the iPhone 6 and love it. It's screen is still quite large, the cameras are great, everything works smoothly and I didn't have to read any manuals. I really like the thumb reader. No more passwords.

I throw the thought of switching from my iPhone 5s to the galaxy just for the simple fact it is fully submersible. The iPhone's are so delicate when it comes to water. You can get protective cases, but all the waterproof ones are so bulky. I've always been with iPhone and I can't imagine switching. I've heard many times that iPhone users who switch hate it and Galaxy users who switch hate it and they all want to go back to their tried and true........

There really is a lot to consider

Another plus on the galaxy 6x is it has really good battery life compared to my iphone.

Also it comes with a buncha apps I use already preloaded on the phone

The iphone is WAY MORE user friendly outta the box.

My galaxy 6x took a week or so to get used too and learn all the functions.

It take really great pics but most new phones do nowadays.

Also the galaxy6x is water resistant. They claim waterproof but no way am i testing that out lol. But it has gotten wet and no hiccups or damage from rain or light water.

Dropbox is an awesome feature that allows you to store music and pictures and they dont use memory on your phone. I find that awesome but it already has alot of memory so in one year I havent had to use it.

Just some other things to consider...

i was a loyal Iphone user (3,4,4s,5,5s) and after seeing where iphone was going ( now where) I made the switch. I went with the Oneplus one. ( www.oneplus.net ) Great phone and much cheaper than a samsung, LG or HTG. I use my phone for a lot of things and this does what I need it to do. Email, photo's, Navionics, etc. 64gb is under $400 and unlocked ( great for travelling) Its can customize if you are into it or it can be a simple plug and play.

without adding any extra cases, straight out of the box, the Galaxy will last longer ....

if your hard on your phone, iPhones break....

Our office stopped replacing iPhones after the third break....

Yes, it's the users fault for dropping, etc, their phone.

But we seem to replace far less Galaxy phone's than iPhone's...

Both phones work to their intended purposes.

i was a loyal Iphone user (3,4,4s,5,5s) and after seeing where iphone was going ( now where) I made the switch. I went with the Oneplus one. ( www.oneplus.net ) Great phone and much cheaper than a samsung, LG or HTG. I use my phone for a lot of things and this does what I need it to do. Email, photo's, Navionics, etc. 64gb is under $400 and unlocked ( great for travelling) Its can customize if you are into it or it can be a simple plug and play.

+1 to this, I also have a oneplus. If you want a comparable it has similar specs to the LG G3 which is a very good option as well, my girlfriends younger brother just got one and its a very clean user experience

Edited by Lucas F

I would pay cash to go back to a blackberry. (I would die for a keyboard again).

our company will not support blackberry software right now. Many ap's we use, and require, aren't available on the BB platform (I guess the enterprise BB server isn't worth it anymore either).

sad days.

Edited by Steve

i have the iphone 6+ and had to buy a carrying case with wheels to move it around..lol

well not really but its too big to carry in a pocket , I have it on a clip and everyone asks if its a tablet its a work phone , i would not one that big but works fine

I would pay $1,000 (cash, right now) to go back to a blackberry. (I would die for a keyboard again).

our company will not support blackberry software right now. Many ap's we use, and require, aren't available on the BB platform (I guess the enterprise BB server isn't worth it anymore either).

sad days.

Don't BlackBerry phones run all Android apps?