heads up for opiate addicts/users/family/friends NF

manitoubass2

Not judging anyone. I just want to bring to your attention that fake oxycontin has entered the drug ring, containing caffeine/fentynl and some very strong opiate.

Ive seen pics on little green round pills stamped with 80.

Ijust got word that two of my old highschool friends have taken this drug.

Both are dead.

Again im not judging anyone. Please be aware of this.

If you have an addict in the family, a friend, or yourself use, PLEASE be aware of this.

You have a life to live, family to love.

Dont die over some bullcrap, please

Ya. Good article in MaCleans magazine.

People hooked on narcotics taking what they think are light drugs are sold fentanyl instead and paying the ultimate price.

These people are to be pitied not condemned

Narcotic addiction is incredibly powerful and good people get hooked after taking these meds for pain.

Sad but real.

Thanks for the heads up.

I can understand your sentiment on drug users Fisherman; why or how people get started taking drugs, is the only place where I agree with you thou.

Once they get hooked on the high from any type drug, they will take anything to get stoned; it's an addiction that for some; they just can't help themselves.

I text my nephew as soon as I read the post; we have tried everything with this kid (he's 40 plus; but still a kid in my mind, that I remember holding when he was a baby) we and professionals cannot get him and keep him strait?

So Thanks again for the heads up; I just hope the kid reads and comprehends the text.

Dan.

many people turn to drugs for many reasons,some from being abused,or having mental health issues or addiction from prescription meds,so please don't judge drug users the same.Thank god that the great people who work in addiction recovery and mental health do not share the same stereotypes of users.

Edited by bowslayer

sad. many folks actually need pain meds to control pain. then theres the abusers. here in southern.ont,you can count on a pee test at every script refill from doctors. pain meds are prescribed when doctors/surgeons have no fix thru surgery or temporary till corrective surgery can be done.. then theres the surgery failures that normally lead to opiates to control pain. . sad but theres no cure,not yet thru our health care. its easier to mask problems then get corrective surgery. believe my I am one of those canditates.

You sound like a real treat

As said above, some fall into the pit of taking pills for pain, I understand that, some don't make the effort to get themselves out of the pit either. For those that try it..just to see, they are the ones that made that decision and have no sympathy for them. Every now and then I have to swallow a couple or I can't walk or sit, but I'll live with the small pain and for me it's the very last resort. I hate that stuff.

As said above, some fall into the pit of taking pills for pain, I understand that, some don't make the effort to get themselves out of the pit either. For those that try it..just to see, they are the ones that made that decision and have no sympathy for them. Every now and then I have to swallow a couple or I can't walk or sit, but I'll live with the small pain and for me it's the very last resort. I hate that stuff.

idiot!

...who are you to judge?

Good of you to bring this up mb2, i recently had a very good friend die while in ecuador under suspicious circumstances, i wont say more than that. He was not an opiate user but you never can trust anything be it pot or opiates or even prescription pills in some instances.

As for fishermans comment i have come to ignore his general negativity as it never seems he has anything positive to say.

Stay safe out there people.

Good of you to bring this up mb2, i recently had a very good friend die while in ecuador under suspicious circumstances, i wont say more than that. He was not an opiate user but you never can trust anything be it pot or opiates or even prescription pills in some instances.

As for fishermans comment i have come to ignore his general negativity as it never seems he has anything positive to say.

Stay safe out there people.

Sorry to hear Gallie. Happens WAY TOO OFTEN!

Rick my sincerest condolences. I have lost a few friends through this horrid disease myself and empathize.

Addiction to anything is truly tragic. Anyone with an attitude concerning addiction like Fisherman has never had someone close to him suffers from this dreaded disease. It will eventually affect someone close to us all, it is all in the numbers. I have never known an addict that wanted to be an addict. Everyone equates an addict as the person that robs his or her grandmother of her CPP to score. I am an addict. I have been on opiates since my first knee surgery in 1978. As I continued to have pain countless other injuries the Tylenol 1's just did nothing then you graduate to 3's, then 4's then Oxycocet, then Codeine Contin, then higher doses of Codeine Contin with Oxycocet for break through pain, then another stronger opiate combined with Fentanyl patches. It's a never ending cycle. After 35 years you think I could just stop tomorrow? I don't think so. I have been weaning myself off the stuff for the last year under the supervision of my Physician. Now I'm back down to Tylenol #3. But I'm still an addict by definition. Many people I know got addicted while undergoing Cancer treatments, some lived some didn't. I imagine Fisherman has no sympathy for them either.

John F. Kennedy was addicted to Adderall, what an idiot he was, no sympathy from me.

I myself have had a couple of friends who are addicts themselves. One has been sober for over 2 years now, and the other still uses. This doesnt make them bad people. i know for a fact that both of them had horrible childhoods and this is most likely the reason they abuse substances.

I dont try to provide excuses for them to do what they do, but this doesnt make them horrible people that dont deserve to be cared about.

I cant pretend to know what it feels like to be them, all i can do is continue to be a good influence and show them that i appreciate them and love them as friends, their journey is theres to take, you simply must not enable them and reject any form of use in your presence.

I myself have had a couple of friends who are addicts themselves. One has been sober for over 2 years now, and the other still uses. This doesnt make them bad people. i know for a fact that both of them had horrible childhoods and this is most likely the reason they abuse substances.

I dont try to provide excuses for them to do what they do, but this doesnt make them horrible people that dont deserve to be cared about.

I cant pretend to know what it feels like to be them, all i can do is continue to be a good influence and show them that i appreciate them and love them as friends, their journey is theres to take, you simply must not enable them and reject any form of use in your presence.

YOU ARE A TRUE FRIEND!