heads up for opiate addicts/users/family/friends NF

manitoubass2

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I'm usually a fan of Fisherman's input. Not cool calling him names.

Erich, I may not agree with you on this topic, but you're welcome in my boat anytime.

Edited by chris.brock

My mother was addicted to pills when I grew up and later in life my stepfather and father in laws were drunks. I'm one that tends to shut out those that are a negative influence in my life and maybe fisherman has the same view but didn't express it properly. I grew up in a really crappy environment and my biggest fear is losing everything I've worked for. It's only later in life that I realize how lucky I am that I don't have any addictions to drugs and alcohol....

I hear you Pics. My 54 year old brother had the world by the balls, VP of Canadian sales for a large US corp. at the age of 38, an exec for another large Canadian company. He was pulling in well over 6 digits in the 80's. He is a full blown junkie now and is awaiting trial for distribution. As he couldn't hold down a job it is alleged he was selling and that way he would have a constant supply. Lost everything he had. Is not allowed to see his grand children. It is really easy to say we must love them unconditionally and support them. He lived with us 15 years ago "until he could get back on his feet", That fiasco lasted a year until we just could not stand the cheating, lying, stealing, hurting and betraying everyone around him. I have seen him once in the last year. I have had to wash my hands of him, I will not have my life ruined by his addiction. We have all tried our best and even tough love hasn't worked. What is left to do? I don't have an answer, for the last 30 years I have been searching foe one. I will get that phone call any day now. Your brother is dead, I know it's coming and I don't feel anything because I am did my, I should say we did our best but it wasn't good enough and now we are numb.

Yep, I caught 3 shore fishing. Went twice today. First time i got skunked, then went back before a storm hit and got 3 good bites in about 10 casts, then I bailed when the wind got up to about 40km/h. Good thing too cause the wind got up to 90km/hr very quickly. Actually ripped my camphor plants right outta the ground!

Good news is my bbq is smashed???

Edited by manitoubass2

Yea Rick, this thread is getting too heavy as we would say in the 70's, I'm bowing out. Anyone catch a Bass today?

I feel for you OI and everyone whom has had to deal with this disease. It has touched nearly everyone.

Every single day I hold my babies and I pray that I can do my best to keep them from making the decision that can alter so many lives.

All the best to all