What would you do?

Entropy

Your hunting day is already shot. Follow her to vehicle or home, then file a formal complaint with both the police and the MNRF. You've got the video evidence to back up the complaint.

No different than using video to make an example of the muskie idiot

Edited by bigugli

not sure where it was, it just came across my 'feed'. I almost assume I will be in this situation one day. With all the city folk moving out to the country, I feel it is almost certain to happen around my neck of the woods.

Good on the hunter for keeping his cool and taking the high road...not so sure I could have done the same. If I had permission to be there, wasn't breaking any laws, spent time and money scouting and setting up a decoy spread only to have that idiot ruin it, I'd be seeing red.

Typical TREE HUGGER.

Part of the same group that thinks commorants should be protected.

Doesn't matter that a commorant eats it's own weight in fish daily. Nor does it matter that

their excrement kills everything they decide to roost in.

Sadly the MNR backs the likes of these people. Commorants are protected yet they continue to destroy our fisheries.

As for Canada geese, there is a river walk in my town. The goose poop is unbelievable.

Soon our waterways will be so polluted, safe drinking water will be a thing of the past.

I don't get her complaint? " You shouldn't be hunting this close to people's homes? " What may have been a home was off in the distance, and if they were using shotguns as goose decoys would suggest? It's a bit hard to get a clear idea of the scale of distance, but I can make out homes here a half a mile away at least, out of range for shotguns?

If they had permission to hunt the land and were legal? I didn't see anything that showed they weren't? Prozac?

Judging from the only what the video showed they didn't do their home work on that spot. No blinds seen and they should of had some dead geese by that time. Maybe she did them a favor to seek more a fruitful area. Scouting the evening before really pays off in morning.

BTW my lab would of NEVER let her or her dog(s) get that close to us.

Judging from the only what the video showed they didn't do their home work on that spot. No blinds seen and they should of had some dead geese by that time. Maybe she did them a favor to seek more a fruitful area. Scouting the evening before really pays off in morning.

BTW my lab would of NEVER let her or her dog(s) get that close to us.

If you watch the video closely they did have blinds...pop-up blinds. And in no way, shape or form did she do them a favour.

I hunt a lot of waterfowl. And I always try to select spots where I'm not going to cause a situation like that. Saturday morning, being woke up by 12 gauge blasts at 6 am. It can be extremely loud and disruptive if there are houses near by. She did say, you shouldn't be hunting this close to people homes in the video. Who knows, maybe there are houses and/or a full subdivision right on the other side of those trees? Maybe the hunters are shooting directly at the houses? Maybe the hunters are trespassing? Maybe their steel shot is raining down on a new steel roof? I have seen all of these things happen (Literally).

The hunter did the right thing by keeping his cool and getting it on video. The woman is obviously pissed. What she should have done, is contact the land owner to find out if they have been granted written permission to hunt the land. Get the vehicle information from the hunters vehicle, and go from there. She's an idiot for interfering with their hunt, and could be charged. But she may have valid reasons to be pissed off. Some hunters are completely ignorant asses. I have been shocked, completely mind boggled actually, at the actions of some hunters. Hell, I've been shot several times while duck hunting...

Edited by N.A.W